PDA

View Full Version : DRAW-BRIDGE IN THE CELLAR ? ? ?

BLUEKNIGHT911
11-25-2012, 12:41 AM
Yes Yes Yes, I obviously have way to much time on my hands, because I just finished up my last project....Since I acquired another Spyder and wanted to do more " MODS " on both this winter, and only having room for one in the cellar/basement.....I did the following....When I had my home constructed I wanted large scale access to the cellar. So I had a 16 ft. long x 8 ft.wide ramp built into the rear of the house so I could drive toys down and store/work on them etc. Well then I finished 2/3 of the basement as a rec room and only have a small space left as a work room, only room for one Spyder...So I bought 7- 12'x 2"X6" and 3 sheets of plywood and I built a platform for Spyder #2......Now in the Spring I plan to hang the end of the platform on 2"x 10"x 1/4" thick "L" brackets bolted to the house end joists....the other end I will pull up with a come-along........This is my Draw-bridge in the cellar.....:hun:....:agree:...:gaah:.....Mike....: thumbup:

SPYD3R
11-25-2012, 08:54 AM
PICTURES MAN, PICTURES..... we want pictures.... :gaah:

Bob Denman
11-25-2012, 09:17 AM
:agree:
But the entire idea is just Too cool for school! :2thumbs:

BLUEKNIGHT911
11-25-2012, 12:14 PM
:agree:
But the entire idea is just Too cool for school! :2thumbs:

Now I'm putting two 4 ft. ramp extensions on it so my girl-friend can park her Spyder behind mine.....I have to learn how to post pictures DARN IT !!!!!!!!!!!!! :agree: :gaah:......Mike

smoky
11-25-2012, 01:54 PM
the other end I will pull up with a come-along........This is my Draw-bridge in the cellar

you might want to consider a $60 chain hoist from Harbor Freight....just sayin'...:bowdown:

Bob Denman
11-25-2012, 02:02 PM
Mike,
As handy as you are; and you can't post pictures???:shocked:
We've got patience... Now git 'er done!

BLUEKNIGHT911
11-25-2012, 04:36 PM
the other end I will pull up with a come-along........This is my Draw-bridge in the cellar

you might want to consider a $60 chain hoist from Harbor Freight....just sayin'...:bowdown:

I don't like to spend any MONEY that's not necessary.....I already have the trailer and the " come-along "...just sayin..But thanks for the thought.....Mike...:2excited:.....:thumbup:

pro10is
11-25-2012, 05:36 PM
Now I'm putting two 4 ft. ramp extensions on it so my girl-friend can park her Spyder behind mine.....I have to learn how to post pictures DARN IT !!!!!!!!!!!!! :agree: :gaah:......Mike

:hun: Mike, I showed you how to post pictures! Must be it didn't stick! :dontknow:

BLUEKNIGHT911
11-25-2012, 06:30 PM
:hun: Mike, I showed you how to post pictures! Must be it didn't stick! :dontknow:

Jim at this point in my life not much does stick....The only thing that works is what happened 5 minutes ago or less....What's your name again ??????? :yikes: :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: :agree:....You must be back from Conn. I hope you had a great time. I just watched Notre Dame kick the " Trojan's " Butts on the BIG SCREEN :2excited: ha ha and are now #1.......Go Irish :clap::firstplace::D:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes: :yes:......Mike :thumbup:

coz
11-25-2012, 08:14 PM
mike, just cut a new ( big ) doorway into the rec room. park new spyder in there. call it an art object.:rolleyes: much easier and cheaper.

BLUEKNIGHT911
11-25-2012, 08:49 PM
mike, just cut a new ( big ) doorway into the rec room. park new spyder in there. call it an art object.:rolleyes: much easier and cheaper.

Actually COZ, I did just that when I built the rec room, and the RSS is half-way thru the 4 ft. wide wall section that is hinged on one side to open....I needed room to build the platform so the Spyder had to go in there. :yikes: I'm not kidding:ohyea:.......and as far as cheaper....the project only cost me $ 90 and for three Spyder's in warm, dry winter storage....I think that's a bargain.....:yes::yes::yes:.....Mike

Bob Denman
11-26-2012, 07:35 AM

And if the girlfriend likes it like that; MARRY HER!

asp125
11-26-2012, 11:00 AM
Draw bridge? Does the garage look like this?
http://www.nickgoodman.com/Sets-images-jpg/frankensteinslab.jpg

BLUEKNIGHT911
11-26-2012, 11:45 AM
And if the girlfriend likes it like that; MARRY HER!

Bob, like I told Coz. It's not a "doorway", the wall actually moves on hinges....kind of like a " secret " hidden door kind of thing......Spooky Huh......And the RSS has already been moved out of the rec room, now that the " Platform" has been finished............The picture is posted below your " POST " by asp125 :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:...... Mike :yikes: :thumbup:

Bob Denman
11-26-2012, 11:49 AM
Draw bridge? Does the garage look like this?
http://www.nickgoodman.com/Sets-images-jpg/frankensteinslab.jpg
Actually some of my worst mechanical mishaps FEEL like this! :opps:

DougB
11-26-2012, 12:00 PM
I just heat my 24x46 garage

Bob Denman
11-26-2012, 12:22 PM
That's it! We're coming over with some projects... :thumbup: