PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought.

Dick Wells
11-23-2012, 11:16 PM
:f_spider:It just occured to me, that the Spyder Lover's supporting vendors just might be responsible for the fact that I still have my SM5(a used 08, with just 683 miles, and, I'm the third owner!), almost 2- 1/2 years after buying it. Based on my experiences/observations/impressions, my Spyder would be long-gone if it wasn't for (1) Spyder Lover's, and (2) SL's supporting vendors, most especially Cowtown.:thumbup: Together with those two factors, plus my own stubborn DIY attitude, the Spyder has evolved from something that was nearly hated, to a machine that I'm getting closer and closer to actually looking forward to riding. Frequently.:) Hadn't been for Y'all, I'd have thrown in the towel after a couple of months and traded back to a 2 wheeler. There were issues, many of which have been talked about on one forum or another on SL's, and not limited to just the "Old Fart", either. Some of these issues are still there, but many are gone.

I'll always miss riding a 2 wheeler, because it just seems a more "natural " thing to do, but ryding a Spyder is like driving a sports car with handlebars, and that's not a bad thing at all.:2thumbs:

Thank you, guys and gals, for keeping me in the:spyder: family.

DW

jScotD
11-23-2012, 11:21 PM
you sound like me and you have less miles than I do on my 2012

Bob Denman
11-24-2012, 09:22 AM
Think of us as the catnip to your Garfield... :roflblack: :2thumbs:

Dick Wells
11-24-2012, 05:37 PM
Whoops!:opps: Just read through the replies, and then, back through my own post, and I see where you could get confused with my mleage. I actually did buy a 2YO Spyder with 683 miles on it, and I'm the 3rd owner! But, there are over 9500 miles on it, now. And, thankfully, it's never left me stranded, though I had to nurse it on home for about 3 miles, one time, when one plug wire stopped conducting, and I pumped my exhaust full of raw gas, which started a fire in the muffler, burning some of the black paint off, and scaring the crap out of me.:yikes: I shut it down,let it cool, fired up and rode easy for a mile, shut it down, let it cool, etc.

THAT, right there, is one very good example of why I started this thread.:ohyea:I got on SL's that afternoon, and read some good things about one "Baja Ron", and the rest is (good) history.:bowdown::clap:

PrairieSpyder
11-25-2012, 01:41 PM
Sometimes I miss the feel of 2 wheels, too. But then I get on my :spyder2: and get over it.