PDA

View Full Version : BRP mistake

wildwillie
02-24-2008, 06:51 PM
Where BRP miss it was that they failed to deliver all the premiere edition before delivering units that were ordered after the premiere.
They should have delivered all the premiere units first. Thats why they are getting all the grief and the dealers are getting all the nasty phone calls.
I guess in a couple mo. it won"t make any difference. I would hate to be in there shoes if they miss there deadline dates.time will tell. wildwillie :spyder:

spyryder
02-24-2008, 07:57 PM
Where BRP miss it was that they failed to deliver all the premiere edition before delivering units that were ordered after the premiere.
They should have delivered all the premiere units first. Thats why they are getting all the grief and the dealers are getting all the nasty phone calls.
I guess in a couple mo. it won"t make any difference. I would hate to be in there shoes if they miss there deadline dates.time will tell. wildwillie :spyder:

The first 2500 or so are ALL premiere editions. They've only made about 1400 so far. I don't think anybody has a regular one yet. :dontknow:

wildwillie
02-24-2008, 08:57 PM
I think there are cause they are on showroom floors in places also there was a pix. on co. site the other day that showed the handle bars on a bike it did not have a number on it. wildwillie :spyder:

BajaRon
02-24-2008, 10:26 PM
those may have been demo bikes.

regards,

ken zeller
:agree:

wildwillie
02-25-2008, 06:34 AM
According to BRP schedule, spyders ordered after sept.-18-07 were not premiere edition bikes, I think some of our members ordered after that date and have received there bikes and I"am not knocking them I"am just repeating what BRP schedule says.wildwillie :spyder:

BajaRon
02-25-2008, 07:45 AM
According to BRP schedule, spyders ordered after sept.-18-07 were not premiere edition bikes, I think some of our members ordered after that date and have received there bikes and I"am not knocking them I"am just repeating what BRP schedule says.wildwillie :spyder:

At least some of these cases are order cancellations leaving the dealer with unclaimed Spyders which they offered to people that placed orders after the deadline. Orders go on a dealer by dealer basis so you might have "extra" Spyders sitting at one dealership which people waiting for delivery at another.

morgcl
02-25-2008, 09:08 AM
I actually ordered my spyder on oct 26th.

i got the premier edition #1004 yellow

matusky
02-25-2008, 10:16 AM
I actually ordered my spyder on oct 26th.

i got the premier edition #1004 yellow

See..... now that sucks, because I ordered mine the end of August and the dealers best answer right now is 'Maybe March or possibly April'

If I could cancel right now and not loose my deposit I probably would, just on principle alone.

If a car manufacturer did this they'd never get away with it. :edit:

hevnbound
02-25-2008, 10:18 AM
I had understood earlier that the DEMO bikes were not going to be offered for sale since they were built as Demo's? Has anyone actually purchased a DEMO?

I'm more of the opinion that the ones we may see on the dealers' floor for sale are ones where buyers backed out or, speculative models actually ordered by the dealer or, by someone for the dealer!

Way2Fast
02-25-2008, 12:26 PM
None of the prototype demo bikes will be offered for sale. Most of them have already been destroyed. The last stop for those on the tour was Orlando the week of the auto show. From there they went to the "crusher".

As far as I know, all the production units that the dealers were required to keep in stock as demos all had limited edition numbers.....at least those at my dealership did.

Richard

Director
02-25-2008, 01:54 PM
There are still a few of the pre-production units floating around, but I do not expect they will be offered for sale - I doubt they even could be legally sold. There was one (an SE5) at the World of Motorcycles Expo here in London, Canada on February 9/10. The dealer had put "demo unit" on the windscreen. They had a second unit there as well, a Limited Edition Spyder which was clearly a production model (it had the unit number and "premiere edition" on the handlebar).
Cheers,
Bruce

morgcl
02-25-2008, 03:42 PM
jax power sports in jacksonville fl has a demo for sale now . they tried to sell it to me for my wife when i took delivery of mine but she is buying a victory vegas jackpot. I dont know if it is a premium edition or not

jomamma1
02-25-2008, 07:55 PM
My wife ordered her Spyder in January 2008 and last week received Premier Edition #1145.
Joe

BajaRon
02-25-2008, 08:19 PM
My wife ordered her Spyder in January 2008 and last week received Premier Edition #1145.
Joe

Now THAT is All Wrong!

wildwillie
02-25-2008, 08:32 PM
I really didn't mean to open a can of worms.I was just pointing out how screwup BRP is handling distribution.They are really upsetting a lot of folks.Thats why I said if they miss there deadline,there going to be a lot of very unhappy customers.It seems they can't follow there own guide lines.wildwillie :spyder:

csmead
02-25-2008, 08:33 PM
Dropped by Tulare Honda in Calif. last weekend. The owner is selling his private silver Spyder...low number edition. Has 200 miles on it. I don't want it so I never asked if he was selling it as new or used. Tulare said they just got the go-ahead from BRP to sell anything in stock/not picked up. They think that means that all 2,500 have been delivered/shipped. Financing is still a problem for many, some people may lose their deposit.

dltang
02-25-2008, 09:38 PM
They think that means that all 2,500 have been delivered/shipped. Financing is still a problem for many, some people may lose their deposit.

All 2500 limited editions have not been delivered yet. Our dealer still has not received his full allotment for delivery. As I understand it, we will receive our Spyder's by April 30th here in Michigan. We have received our First owners Jackets, our maps, our membership cards and our letters from Can-AM. Now we are just waiting on our Spyders. I think many dealerships ordered more Spyders than were given personal deposits and a number of people have backed out. Also, dealers are giving people and option of color just to get a Spyder instead of making them take delivery of what they ordered. With so many dealerships doing their own thing, I don't think we can blame BRP for all the screw up and strange deliveries. They do need to take some blame though, as was mentioned before, how hard is it to see a dealership has so many yellow and so many silver Spyder's order and deliver that many of each to that dealership. I am not mad about the people who have been very lucky and fortunate to receive early delivery or even delivery after a late order, good for them. I am not mad at my dealer or BRP because I am still getting my Spyder in exactly the time frame I was told from the very beginning. Nothing has changed from my original order date so I have nothing to grip about I guess. Now, if it turns out I don't get a limited edition, I will be HOT but I don't think that is going to be a problem.

matusky
02-25-2008, 10:42 PM
Dropped by Tulare Honda in Calif. last weekend. The owner is selling his private silver Spyder...low number edition. Has 200 miles on it. I don't want it so I never asked if he was selling it as new or used. Tulare said they just got the go-ahead from BRP to sell anything in stock/not picked up. They think that means that all 2,500 have been delivered/shipped. Financing is still a problem for many, some people may lose their deposit.

You know, that's the other thing that bothers me about this..... the poor folks that will lose their deposit if they can't get financing approved. I can imagine that in the year or so that some people have waited to get their Spyders that some peoples financial picture has changed...... maybe they NEED the money back? who knows...... but to take a deposit and keep it ....... this is usually reserved for things that are hard to sell...... things that will sit a while, to kind of 'cover costs' of reselling..... but to take a deposit away from someone and sell it right out the back door before they make it to their car........

WRONG........ all wrong.

No matter how this thing works out on my end..... I intend to send a letter to BRP about this experience...... maybe it'll save a few people down the line from having these kinds of things to deal with.

BajaRon
02-25-2008, 11:11 PM
...maybe they NEED the money back? who knows...... but to take a deposit and keep it
WRONG........ all wrong.

I don't know. A deal should be a deal. At some point people have to live up to the bargain. If BRP lives up to their end (not what people think they should do but what is in writing) and the dealer lives up to their written word, then the guy that signed on the bottom line should live up to theirs. Things change in a year. It's called RISK!

Just my 2 cents.

aubierules
02-26-2008, 08:31 AM
[quote=matusky ]
You know, that's the other thing that bothers me about this..... the poor folks that will lose their deposit if they can't get financing approved. I can imagine that in the year or so that some people have waited to get their Spyders that some peoples financial picture has changed......

I understand ur anger... i havent received mine either, but we all knew in advance that we had to pay 1,000 down, and that if we back out then we lost it. We also were quoted a delivery date and if they dont deliver on time we get our deposit back... So in all fairness we knew that if our financial situations change, then thats our problem, not theirs...

BajaRon
02-26-2008, 10:04 AM
I understand ur anger... i havent received mine either, but we all knew in advance that we had to pay 1,000 down, and that if we back out then we lost it. We also were quoted a delivery date and if they dont deliver on time we get our deposit back... So in all fairness we knew that if our financial situations change, then thats our problem, not theirs...

:agree:

Not trying to be hard, I do sympathize with those that have lost or may lose their 1K deposit. But I hope we can all agree that a deal is a deal for everyone involved. BRP is a business, not a charity. If they don't make money they don't make Spyders.

If you are offered your Spyder (the way you ordered it) before the deadline then you either put up or walk without your 1K deposit. If BRP doesn't make the deadline you have the option to take your 1K back or continue to wait. It was all up front before you signed.

I know it doesn't help that others who got in later (some much later) than you, already have their Spyder. We can argue the fairness of that. But it doesn't change the deal.

Lamont signed up on June 7th and got his in late November (I think). I signed up at the same dealership just 2 days later and had to wait 2 more months for delivery. I was offered a Yellow at the same time Lamont picked up his. I have to admit it was tough, but I turned it down. The dealership didn't put any pressure on me or act like they thought I was a fool for not taking the Yellow. And they told me at the time that I might have to wait until the March date to get my Silver. But I didn't get bumped or lose my deposit because that wasn't the deal.

At least in my case, and Lamont's case, BRP and the dealership both lived up to their end of the bargain, so we're happy campers. Of course it helps that we both have our Spyders in time for Daytona and that this vehicle has actually exceeded our expectations (which is no small task with grumpy old hard riding fools like us).

Lamonster
02-26-2008, 10:11 AM
Got mine Dec. 15 Bro :doorag:

BajaRon
02-26-2008, 10:26 AM
Got mine Dec. 15 Bro :doorag:

Ok, so I was off 2 weeks. That means I only waited about 1 month for mine after you got yours. Why did it seem like 3 months? ;D

Director
02-26-2008, 11:47 AM
Ok, so I was off 2 weeks. That means I only waited about 1 month for mine after you got yours. Why did it seem like 3 months? ;D

Spyder time. Waiting for one to arrive actually causes a rift in the space-time continuum and slows the clock down. Some sort of quantum physics phenomenon. ;D

BajaRon
02-26-2008, 02:16 PM
Spyder time. Waiting for one to arrive actually causes a rift in the space-time continuum and slows the clock down. Some sort of quantum physics phenomenon. ;D

You are exactly right! That's exactly how it was. It was Spyder time...