PDA

View Full Version : End of the Ride - Thanks for the Memories...

NewRider
11-21-2012, 09:59 PM
Well...it's over. My beloved yellow '09 SE5 went to auction last week in Fort Wayne.:( Sold for $8500 to some lucky person. Still have residual payments to IFCU, but can easily pay that. Lotsa memories...but my dream of riding from Indiana home to my beloved Oregon is kaput.

Diabetes...that modern curse, my souvenir of Vietnam, ended that. Still, it was fun while it lasted. Now, I must wait silently for the pain to ease away. Eventually.

Thanks to all you Spyder ryders out there, for your friendship and camaraderie. I enjoyed the "ryde" with you all, for as long as it lasted. Safe Ryding, everyone.:2thumbs:

Doug:thumbup:

gnirtsnod
11-22-2012, 08:00 AM
Life is a road trip with great stretches followed by a few bumps. I'm glad you could experience some great stretches on your Spyder, now it's time to take care of yourself. Remember, your service in Vietnam was as important and as appreciated as with any other war-zone service. I take notice whenever I see a Vietnam vet patch or sticker..and I cry whenever I visit the wall or think even about my visit.

Spyder777
11-22-2012, 09:27 AM
How did you get diabetes from Vietnam?

gnirtsnod
11-22-2012, 09:30 AM

http://www.publichealth.va.gov/exposures/agentorange/conditions/diabetes.asp

Oldmanzues
11-22-2012, 11:46 AM
Sorry to hear of progession of medical problems. Thank you for your service and Welcome home Brother from anthor Viet Nam person. I was over there part of 67 to part of 68.
If anybody on here or their parents were there in 68, ask them about TET. You might get to hear a interesting story or two.
Oldmanzues

Big Arm
11-22-2012, 12:40 PM
Don't be a stranger around here..........Good luck to you.......and thanks for your service.....Happy Thanksgiving !

ARtraveler
11-22-2012, 01:27 PM
:agree: Dont be a stranger around here. Thank you for your service to our country. Happy Thanksgiving.

ThreeFeet
11-22-2012, 05:08 PM
Sorry to hear of progession of medical problems. Thank you for your service and Welcome home Brother from anthor Viet Nam person. I was over there part of 67 to part of 68.
If anybody on here or their parents were there in 68, ask them about TET. You might get to hear a interesting story or two.
Oldmanzues Jerry England is a PGR Ride Captain from around Gainsville Mo somplace. His patch and PGR name is TET VET. I gather he was THERE!!! Didn't mean to steal the thread.

NewRider
11-22-2012, 11:09 PM
Exposure to herbicide Agent Orange. III Corps, where I was at, was one of two of the most heavily-sprayed areas in Vietnam. Not just US veteran suffer from it, but also, thousands of Vietnam children and families. Probably the most tragic side-effect of that wretched war.