PDA

View Full Version : Startron Vs Lucas Fuel additive

AbNormy
11-21-2012, 08:07 PM
Been using the Startron gas additive as we don't have anything but ethanol here in Central Tx. but it's not always in stock so I looked at the Lucas gas additive. trying it this week, anyone used Lucas? seems to run smoother with additive hope the Lucas works as good.

JJW SpyderRider
11-21-2012, 08:27 PM
Been using the Startron gas additive as we don't have anything but ethanol here in Central Tx. but it's not always in stock so I looked at the Lucas gas additive. trying it this week, anyone used Lucas? seems to run smoother with additive hope the Lucas works as good.

I'm on my first tank with Startron and have not used the Lucas. Hopping it helps the Spyder run better.

I would recommend looking at a power sports dealership for Startron. I found mine at my BRP dealer. They use this to help keep the water out of the gas in the water craft.

Spydr in KS
11-21-2012, 08:27 PM

My RS runs smoother with Startron also. Amazing when I don't use it for a few tanks and then add it

Spydr in KS
11-21-2012, 08:29 PM
I would recommend looking at a power sports dealership for Startron. I found mine at my BRP dealer. They use this to help keep the water out of the gas in the water craft.

Look in Walmart in the boating section

AbNormy
11-21-2012, 08:45 PM
Walmart boat section is where i looked supposedly they stock Startron. Lucas states its for overcoming probs with gasahol. Will report back. :thumbup:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

boborgera
11-21-2012, 08:46 PM
Look in Walmart in the boating section

Yep, For some reason' that's where they hide it.

Pandy
11-22-2012, 08:30 AM
Been alternating between the Lucas and the StarTron for a number of weeks now and see no difference between the products. Pyder does run differently with either additive rather than without.YMMV. What I run usually depends on the sale prices at Tractor Supply or Wallyworld.
Just my experience.

Patrick

Spyder-Bob
11-22-2012, 09:06 AM
I have always used Star Tron in my boats and get it at West Marine or Auto Zone. I have also see it on Walmart.com for store pick up.

flybuddy
11-22-2012, 10:01 AM
I bought Startron at local marine store also.

danlnc
11-22-2012, 10:12 AM
I used Seafoam for years in my bikes. I alternate with it when I can't find Startron.

meancj7
11-22-2012, 11:47 AM
Anyone ever use marvel mystery in there Spyder?

QUOTE=danlnc;543349]I used Seafoam for years in my bikes. I alternate with it when I can't find Startron.[/QUOTE]

boborgera
11-22-2012, 12:19 PM
Anyone ever use marvel mystery in there Spyder?

[/QUOTE]

Back in the 60's When engine tolerances were not as tight as now days i used it and also Risione,
But now :dontknow: For gas treatment i use Star-Tron or Sta-bil.
Most manufacturers state ''Do not use any gas or oil treatments in their vehicles''
But who reads manuals. :roflblack:

r1100rider
11-22-2012, 01:13 PM
I bought Startron at local marine store also.
My napa store has startron if you buy the diesel formula it's the same and twice as strong use half and save money it's only a dollar more per bottle

Clicker1944
11-22-2012, 01:38 PM
Have been using the Lucas additive since day one with my RTS. Runs great, very happy with performance 4,500 miles so far.

StriperKing
11-22-2012, 02:18 PM
Good places to look for Startron are Walmart marine section as stated, some Autozones, some Napa stores, any quality marine/boat center, most motorsports dealers, and almost all quality lawn mower centers.
Startron was developed by a chemical co. in Japan and is licensed to be produce by Star Brite in the US and is called Startron and by a co. in Europe and is sold as Soltron. If you can find Soltron it is the exact same thing. Our Napa store carries the Soltron in a larger bottle and makes it cheaper than Strartron. The Soltron bottle treats 500 gal.
I will not run a tank of gas without this stuff in my Spyder or my car, great product!

Oh and just incase some new users are looking at this, Startron is sold in two different consintrations. The stuff most lawn care and motorsports shops sell is half strength. The stuff Walmart and all marine centers sell is the full strength and overall makes it cheaper because you only use half as much even if it cost a little more. If you find it at an auto center you just have to look. Hope this helps.

Sarge707
11-22-2012, 05:48 PM
I have been searching and it appears Startron and Stabil Marine Formula basically do the same thing ?? Any one compare the 2?:dontknow:

major911
11-23-2012, 01:29 PM
I have used Lucas in all my vehicles for years. 2, 3 and 4 wheels. Catch it onsale at auto zone and stock up. About 1 oz per tank on the spyder keeps fuel system clean and running top notch in spite of the dreaded ethanol. :thumbup:

Bob Denman
11-23-2012, 03:29 PM
AutoZone up here in my neck of the woods has all of them; StarTron, Sea Foam, and Sta-Bil... I'm trying StarTron this year for the first time, so I'll keep you posted as to what differences I can note with it.