PDA

View Full Version : 360 Tire

DragonLorD
11-21-2012, 06:19 PM
ouch, i can feel pain already and it feels like opening a can of worms but where else should i ask for feedback, right?
so here is what i am up to -
360 tire/swingarm conversion - i know its only 335 tire though
- can some one get me first hand or even second hand feedback/experience with this set up, please?
- i am pretty cool with everything just wanna hear how it feels/rides/etc
- also some of you technical Geniuses can chime in and have an input, especially with one thing which i am trying to figure out = sprockets,- on factory set up we have rear sprocket rotates ones while front twice, in this set up seems to be pretty much 1=1, how much power if any it looses over secondary sprocket bridge and what general affect has this set up on acceleration and over all performance?

Thanks in advance Scotty:2thumbs: and Lamont:clap:and the rest of you guys:bowdown:

BLUEKNIGHT911
11-21-2012, 07:05 PM
IMHO, I think with that large a tire the offset of the sproket may be prohibitive.....I don't see how you will be able to align things ??????????......Mike :yikes: :thumbup:

BajaRon
11-21-2012, 07:16 PM
Already been done. http://www.ebay.com/itm/CAN-AM-SPYDER-360-CONVERSION-FAT-TIRE-KIT-CAN-AM-SPYDER-RS-RS-S-CHECK-OUT-/271031850865#vi-content

jScotD
11-21-2012, 07:24 PM
whooooo....count me out :yikes:

DragonLorD
11-21-2012, 07:46 PM
Already been done. http://compare.ebay.com/like/271031850865?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

what are you on about Ron?
cant see any comparison there or ????????
btw , will need some stuff from you shortly - wires , plugs, sway bar, rings and filters - ow, painful to even think about that bill already, btw - can you get me a rear bearing ? = high specs one?
cheers

SPYD3R
11-21-2012, 08:13 PM
i just wrote something about this, but DELETED it... i'd better not put in print my feelings on this $11,200 item......

BajaRon
11-21-2012, 09:23 PM
what are you on about Ron?
cant see any comparison there or ????????
btw , will need some stuff from you shortly - wires , plugs, sway bar, rings and filters - ow, painful to even think about that bill already, btw - can you get me a rear bearing ? = high specs one?
cheers

Sorry, I fixed the link for a direct view of the 360 conversion kit. You'll have to want it pretty bad at those prices.

I don't deal in the bearings. Someone else may have those for you.

DragonLorD
11-21-2012, 09:34 PM
Sorry, I fixed the link for a direct view of the 360 conversion kit. You'll have to want it pretty bad at those prices.

I don't deal in the bearings. Someone else may have those for you.

work hard = play hard :shemademe_smilie:

DragonLorD
11-21-2012, 10:09 PM
http://gargoyle.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/Fest-11/i-h6Q5Rtk/0/L/DSCF5314-L.jpg

yeah, i've seen this beauty when it was built and sold for 30K, still prefer that flat tire though,
cant believe, nobody has a technical input on this one
anybody 've seen Scotty?:chat:

Smokinspyder
11-22-2012, 12:10 AM
12 GRAND ???? I am all for getting creative and making it your own but CRAP thats alot of money

BLUEKNIGHT911
11-22-2012, 09:09 AM
IMHO, I think with that large a tire the offset of the sproket may be prohibitive.....I don't see how you will be able to align things ??????????......Mike :yikes: :thumbup:

Let me correct this: how about the alignment between your wallet and brain ????????....Mike :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
11-22-2012, 09:37 AM
... Because it CAN be done! :thumbup:
Not that's it's for evybody, or even a lot of us though... :opps:

DragonLorD
11-22-2012, 04:58 PM
Let me correct this: how about the alignment between your wallet and brain ????????....Mike :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Brain?
- where does it mount?
:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack:

SPYD3R
11-22-2012, 05:54 PM
considering it has 2 WHEEL MOTORCYCLE TIRES on it... and giving consideration to the fact that a SPYD3R does NOT lean... and considering a 2 wheeler will burn up tires in 8 - 10 thousand miles, riding on the left/right edges approximately 30 - 40% of the time, i'm thinking that the tires on this application will be burned up in about 5000 miles, if not less... car tires would serve this vehicle much better... and like somebody else said, "why"...... however, great art work, but I'll stick with STOCK...

BajaRon
11-22-2012, 10:26 PM
It's for looks, looks, and well, looks! After that there isn't much left except the radio active crater in your bank account! :yikes:

coz
11-22-2012, 10:47 PM
My only comment is:
Why?
why not?:roflblack: that is the sickest spyder ever built imo.

Bob Denman
11-23-2012, 08:01 AM
You didn't like THIS one? 57780
It's very rare that more than a couple of folks in one place at the same time can agree on much... :shocked:
Personalizing a bike is almost as close to the heart as choosing one's spouse...

DragonLorD
11-23-2012, 05:52 PM
so no one with expertise?
or experience?
:gaah:

Bob Denman
11-23-2012, 06:27 PM
Maybe you're out there just ahead of the rest of us... :dontknow:

coz
11-23-2012, 06:37 PM
i don't remember anyone posting about it in the last 18 months. check out all things chrome. big tire, extended swingarm kits. seems like they were 6 or8 grand. cool videos.

Buttsy
11-23-2012, 06:47 PM
Personalizing a bike is almost as close to the heart as choosing one's spouse...

How true........................I love my Roadster:thumbup:

Mexican
11-23-2012, 07:13 PM
[QUOTE=Bob Denman;543327]... Because it CAN be done! :thumbup:
The correct answer would have been "because i want to"
I have done a lot of crazy things and people think i'm loosing it, i'm not, it is an idea and ideas materialize.
If you can afford it or if you can come up with a better, cheaper way of doing it,,,GO FOR IT!!!!!:thumbup:

jScotD
11-23-2012, 07:34 PM
well the spikes on the fenders of that last bike would be a deterrent to someone that wanted to sit on them..

Back to the subject at hand ... that long chain turned me off.. the belt is bad enough.. without a tensioner.. and I can't see that it would add anything to the over all handling..

and as BajaRon said...

Ron2andia
11-23-2012, 07:41 PM
I love the look and i would contact the shop that did the one in the picture. It was in vtwin magazine. I have it but couldn't find it to tell you the name of the place that did it sorry:(. I will look and post it if u need it.

Spy+
11-23-2012, 08:00 PM
It looks like the mod can take some abuse:yikes:.. Vid below
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=NMISgVPC_pk&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DNMISgVPC_pk

DragonLorD
11-23-2012, 08:33 PM
[QUOTE=Bob Denman;543327]... Because it CAN be done! :thumbup:
The correct answer would have been "because i want to"
I have done a lot of crazy things and people think i'm loosing it, i'm not, it is an idea and ideas materialize.
If you can afford it or if you can come up with a better, cheaper way of doing it,,,GO FOR IT!!!!!:thumbup:

Thank you Mexican, yes i want to and though it would be sensible to ask around here what i asked but no answer, reply or technical view.
I didnt ask for opinion ( which i have no problem with btw ) nor approval ( i do my own things anyway nmw ) , i really thought that my questions are piece of cake to some of SL technical Gurus :dontknow:
what do you think Scotty, Doc, Lamont? - acceleration, top speed, over all performance? anyone? - flat tire set up not round motorcycle tire of course

jScotD
11-23-2012, 09:00 PM
the round tire on this machine wil add less drag than a flat tire.. since you are working with a smaller patch.. the round tire will "burn out" easier, because of less contact with the road .. less contact with the road on a machine that doesn't lean creates hazards..wet roads, for sure.. and dry roads in fast curves ..there will be a tendency for the back end to slide out, which means countersteering... acceleration and top end depends on the sprockets.. and if all they offer is a chain.. with no tensioner..:pray:

flat tire that size.. really nothing.. just bigger... less gas milage..maybe a mile or 2 extra on the top end..

I, personally, would not ride this set up except to the next bar.. and the 1st picture of the big tri-wheeler.. is a bar bike/trike...

I would invest that extra money in a Ducati