PDA

View Full Version : BajaRons Anti-sway bar

blambert
11-20-2012, 11:32 PM
Folks,

Installed BajaRons anti-sway bar on my 2011 Spyder RS. Then went on some familiar curves and twisties and pushed hard with speed. First thing I noticed was that the lean was significantly reduced from before ( I have standard shocks set to #5 setting). This reduced lean allowed me to carry more speed around the curves and provided greater stability, this was a very nice performance addition to the bike. Not sure if adding higher end shocks (quite costly) will do anything more for me in performance or for ride confort. Oh by the way while I was installing the sway bar I also installed the Spyderpops RS bumpskid, the Bumpskid has a very nice look especially the wings on both sides of the skid. Since I live in Phoenix, it will be nice to see if the bike runs any cooler especially in the summer heat.

Regards,

Bob Lambert

arntufun
11-21-2012, 07:49 AM
If you want to get a better shock without breaking the bank get yourself a set of 2011-12 RT shocks. I'm very happy with them and they work great on a RS. You should be able to pick up a used set between $100-$150 delivered to your door.
The swaybar is my next mod I'm doing so I'm glad you like yours. :thumbup:

Bob Denman
11-21-2012, 07:54 AM
Randy,
Are you running RTs or Elkas?
Once the Ronbars start arriving; I may have to prevail on your keen mechanical instincts...:shocked:

steve635
11-21-2012, 11:17 AM
Thanks for the review Bob, I am planning to add these as well. On the shocks, I added the Fox shocks (standard on the RS-S) and they are a big improvement. Not as cheap as the RT's but less than the Elka's. Performance is likely in between as well, as more often than not you do indeed get what you pay for.

BLUEKNIGHT911
11-22-2012, 10:01 PM
Randy,
Are you running RTs or Elkas?
Once the Ronbars start arriving; I may have to prevail on your keen mechanical instincts...:shocked:

Bob, Randy has RT'S.....He really likes them .....I do too and like mine as well.....Mike

Bob Denman
11-23-2012, 11:24 AM
Cool! :2thumbs:
Danny's got my old RT shocks... Once he's "V-Maxxed Out"; he's going to swap them in.

Venym
02-08-2013, 05:45 PM
Question:
I bought one of the last evo sway bars for my 2008 gs and have yet to put it on and am wondering if the Baja one is the same or better??

Sarge707
02-08-2013, 06:21 PM
Most( including me) have had good results with the Evo For The RS but I would think his is at least as good or BETTER!!!
The RT Evo was NOT deemed by Most to be nearly as effective?!?nojoke

wyliec
02-09-2013, 11:59 AM
Question:
I bought one of the last evo sway bars for my 2008 gs and have yet to put it on and am wondering if the Baja one is the same or better??

I think it is a kind of hard to make a fair comparison unless you've had both installed on your spyder. That being said, I've had the Evo on (my 2008) for a few years and have no complaints. It took care of the spyder's crosswind issue on the highway.

I also agree with Sarge707.

Venym
02-09-2013, 08:04 PM
Good to hear. Thanks. I just didnt know if Baja changed anything on there swaybar. I am saying my pennies for elka's. then i am going to put them both on.

BajaRon
02-09-2013, 09:10 PM
Good to hear. Thanks. I just didnt know if Baja changed anything on there swaybar. I am saying my pennies for elka's. then i am going to put them both on.

I had been running the EVO bar for a few years before I started this project. Going from the EVO bar to my bar I didn't know if I would see a noticeable change, but I did notice an improvement over the EVO bar when I installed mine.

I am using a higher grade spring steel in my bar, this coupled with a shorter Torsion section makes my bar stiffer, though it is essentially the same diameter.

The EVO bar will give you a marked improvement.

Venym
02-10-2013, 07:58 AM
I had been running the EVO bar for a few years before I started this project. Going from the EVO bar to my bar I didn't know if I would see a noticeable change, but I did notice an improvement over the EVO bar when I installed mine.

I am using a higher grade spring steel in my bar, this coupled with a shorter Torsion section makes my bar stiffer, though it is essentially the same diameter.

The EVO bar will give you a marked improvement.

Thanks for the response. I am looking forward to installing it and trying it out. I think it is awesome that u make them. I heard that evoluzione was out of business and I hunted everywhere to get one.

BajaRon
02-10-2013, 08:51 AM
Thanks for the response. I am looking forward to installing it and trying it out. I think it is awesome that u make them. I heard that evoluzione was out of business and I hunted everywhere to get one.

I was actually taking steps to make a sway bar for the RS about the same time the Ken at EVO was doing the same thing. We didn't know about each other. It was not a front burner project with me and I had a lot of other things going at the same time. When EVO came out with their bar I dropped the project.