PDA

View Full Version : wheels

fjcady
11-20-2012, 07:41 PM
Can you put the new spyder wheels on an 08 I really like the looks of the new tires, im interested in the new style for my 2008 gs sm5
:pray::joke:

CanAmChris
11-20-2012, 08:25 PM
The parts catalog says no. I was asking about the same thing last week. I really wanted the blade wheels. Maybe someone will figure out a way.

CAC

mick ruhdorf
11-20-2012, 09:53 PM
Hi i think you can put the 2013 wheels on our older models they must fit because theyre standard issue and the base models still have the old style gaurds so the lower profile tires on the 15 inch wheels must fit ok.
cheers mick :doorag:

asp125
11-20-2012, 10:22 PM
It's confusing. The catalog boldly says "Fits all RT RS & ST models" yet lists specific fitments for each wheel. My guess is the rotor and hub sizes are the same, but the fender may pose an issue. However if the proper low profile tire is used, the overall diameter may not be any different. You're only going up an inch in diameter, so instead of a 65 series tire you might have to run a 55 like the 2013's or even a 50 series.

Bob Denman
11-21-2012, 07:59 AM
If I was a betting man; I'd throw in on the fact that they'll fit!
Here's why...
They didn't change the rear tire size when they went to the 15" wheel and new tire up front; that should mean that the new combo is close-enough to the original size so as not to give Nanny a fit...
The section width of the tire is the same, so that's a non-issie.
IF it's off by any amount; I'd guess that it's less than a quarter of an inch in the diameter (eighth-inch on the radius)