PDA

View Full Version : Got an education on MC clubs this weekend for Texas

Blondespyder
11-19-2012, 12:11 PM
Just thought I would share some info I learned this weekend for all the Spyder chapters wearing patches.

First thing I learned. If you live in Texas and have a back patch with the word "Texas" on it and have not cleared it through your local Bandidos crew...BEWARE.. This is considered disrespectful and they don't tolerate it well. Same goes for shirts.

Second.. DO NOT use red and gold for any colors

Third.. If you want something on the back of your vest representing your area. Have it airbrushed! Since it is not a patch, They do not care.. But, once again. DO NOT put Texas in the logo.

Fourth... No rocker patches

Fifth... You can put a Texas state patch on the front or anywhere else on your vest or jacket as long as it is not part of a logo.

Best thing to do seems to be know your local MC clubs and make sure you stay within their guidelines unless you are looking for trouble nojoke

just thought I would share this with y'all.

Blondespyder
11-19-2012, 12:33 PM
Very nice group of guys BTW

Jimmy Neutron
11-19-2012, 12:36 PM
Just thought I would share some info I learned this weekend for all the Spyder chapters wearing patches.

First thing I learned. If you live in Texas and have a back patch with the word "Texas" on it and have not cleared it through your local Bandidos crew...BEWARE.. This is considered disrespectful and they don't tolerate it well. Same goes for shirts.

Second.. DO NOT use red and gold for any colors

Third.. If you want something on the back of your vest representing your area. Have it airbrushed! Since it is not a patch, They do not care.. But, once again. DO NOT put Texas in the logo.

Fourth... No rocker patches

Fifth... You can put a Texas state patch on the front or anywhere else on your vest or jacket as long as it is not part of a logo.

Best thing to do seems to be know your local MC clubs and make sure you stay within their guidelines unless you are looking for trouble nojoke

just thought I would share this with y'all.

Really Thought this was country you copuld still put what ever you want on your own stuff,, Hmmm Guess I woke up somewhere else..LOL

flaggerphil
11-19-2012, 12:44 PM
This is why I steer completely clear of 1%ers. When I rode with the Patriot Guard in Missouri we were often told not to wear a large PGR patch on your vest in certain areas. Many 1% club members have short fuses.

Haven't had that problem in Florida, but I still steer completely away from them.

Lamonster
11-19-2012, 12:49 PM
Good read if you want to know the in's and outs.
http://www.rcvsmc.net/id21.html

Blondespyder
11-19-2012, 01:00 PM
Really Thought this was country you copuld still put what ever you want on your own stuff,, Hmmm Guess I woke up somewhere else..LOL

You would think but, better safe than sorry. And I do not want to accidentally disrespect someone without even knowing about it :thumbup:

Blondespyder
11-19-2012, 01:02 PM
Good read if you want to know the in's and outs.
http://www.rcvsmc.net/id21.html

Thanks for that post Lamont!
Always good to have ALL the correct info. :agree:

SpyderAnn01
11-19-2012, 01:06 PM
I read some of the stuff in Lamont's link and all I can say is wow they are very special in their own minds. Kind of like being introduced to the Queen

NancysToy
11-19-2012, 01:11 PM
Right or wrong, it pays to be aware of the "rules" and avoid these situations. Even if you are fully entitled to wear your colors, wearing them in another club's territory can be hazardous. I earned my colors years ago, but would not be caught dead in them in this day and age, especially in the wrong neighborhood. There is no sense in pushing buttons that need not be pushed. JMHO

Jimmy Neutron
11-19-2012, 01:51 PM
Right or wrong, it pays to be aware of the "rules" and avoid these situations. Even if you are fully entitled to wear your colors, wearing them in another club's territory can be hazardous. I earned my colors years ago, but would be caught dead in them in this day and age, especially in the wrong neighborhood. There is no sense in pushing buttons that need not be pushed. JMHO

man I guess I am totally naive to these things.. Whats all the color stuff and pushing buttons.. Glad I live where I do,, I would hate the idea of somebody being upset just because I wore the wrong colors.. Guess being a Backwoods Country boy ain't all that bad..

ARtraveler
11-19-2012, 02:34 PM
A very interesting and timely subject. What happens will depend on your area and which 1%'ers happen to be there.

In Alaska I have never encountered problems with the 1%'ers. We also have the Goldwingers, the Southern Cruisers, the Hells Angels, and the HOGs, and they all wear colors. The non-Hells Angels do not use a rocker patch at all. Alaska on the top and the organization patch below only. When AlaskaSpyderRiders was active, I had Alalska and the Cat Specialties RT patch on the back--but that was it.

When going on rides both of us usually wear our colors. I did get to test the waters one Saturday a couple years back. One of the road houses we usually stopped at for lunch always drew a share of bikers as customers. We pulled in one day when there were 7 or 8 HD's out front. When we went in we saw the contingent of the local Hells Angels sitting around a couple of the tables. To late to do anything. They acknowledged us, we acknowledge them, sat down and had our lunch. When they left they all had to look the Spyders over. Nothing was said about our vests or patches. I am a little more observant now when I stop to make sure I do not put myself in a bad place. I will avoid a gas station with 20 HD's or a roadhouse with similar.

The Avatar shows us in colors this summer.

I do my best to avoid trouble if possible.

Kratos
11-19-2012, 03:16 PM
Seems there are "gangs" in all areas of life. Not just the hood. :rolleyes:

Bob Denman
11-19-2012, 03:49 PM
I do not want to accidentally disrespect someone without even knowing about it :thumbup:

Hmmm... http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_12_12.gif

Very interesting... the disprespectful get mad if you disrespect them...

Bob Denman
11-19-2012, 04:11 PM
Thanks for that post Lamont!

:agree: :thumbup: There's almost TOO much info in there for digestion in a single bite! :shocked:

Blondespyder
11-19-2012, 04:26 PM
Right or wrong, it pays to be aware of the "rules" and avoid these situations. Even if you are fully entitled to wear your colors, wearing them in another club's territory can be hazardous. I earned my colors years ago, but would be caught dead in them in this day and age, especially in the wrong neighborhood. There is no sense in pushing buttons that need not be pushed. JMHO

Exactly! :agree:
None of us here have official "colors" but, you still should know who's toes you may be stepping on and aware of the possible consequences. No matter where you live. There is a local MC club somewhere... Even in the hicks... And it is their territory! Wether you like it or not. So best to be respectful and don't go looking for trouble just because you think you have the right and its unfair. IMHO

Blondespyder
11-19-2012, 04:33 PM
Hmmm... http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_12_12.gif

Very interesting... the disprespectful get mad if you disrespect them...

Honestly, I have had none of the local MC clubs ever act disrespectfully toward me or anyone I know. I count many of them as close personal friends and they would gladly do anything for me! I personally, do not consider any of them bad people or disrespectful. It's just one or two who make them all look bad and unfortunately they are the ones everyone remembers and makes assumptions about the whole group from
IMHO.. That makes the person assuming just as bad for judging all by another's actions. :wrong:

Blondespyder
11-19-2012, 04:36 PM
I read some of the stuff in Lamont's link and all I can say is wow they are very special in their own minds. Kind of like being introduced to the Queen

There is a protocol to it all. :roflblack:
And I guess in a way is is like meeting royalty, they do control areas and certain events, rides, etc...

Phyxius
11-19-2012, 04:46 PM
A very interesting and timely subject. What happens will depend on your area and which 1%'ers happen to be there.

In Alaska I have never encountered problems with the 1%'ers. We also have the Goldwingers, the Southern Cruisers, the Hells Angels, and the HOGs, and they all wear colors. The non-Hells Angels do not use a rocker patch at all. Alaska on the top and the organization patch below only. When AlaskaSpyderRiders was active, I had Alalska and the Spyderlovers patch on the back--but that was it.

I'm not sure if you were mentioning local riding clubs or mentioning groups that may cause trouble. But, just for others I wanted to say that Southern Cruisers is NOT a 1%er group. I belong to my local chapter. SCRC is big on family, friends and being open to all motorcycle brands.

From their constitution:

6) The "Patch", as worn on the vest or jacket shall consist of the Winged Eagle worn on the upper half of the vest or jacket as the cut of the vest may allow. The SCRC Club Patch is not and should not be referred to as "Colors". No three-piece patches are permitted in the SCRC. No Member of the SCRC shall ever add the letters MC or wear the designation 1% on their vest, jacket or any other article of clothing while representing the SCRC. No M/C or 1% Support patches or any kind of MC support insignias, such as hats, T-shirts, stickers on helmets or bikes, or representations of any kind, will be displayed by members of the Southern Cruisers while wearing the SCRC patch, participating in Southern Cruisers events, or representing the Southern Cruisers in any way. No Rockers/Chapter Location Bars - "CLBs" that identify a City, State, or Territory or anything giving the appearance of a rocker will be worn with the SCRC wings on the back of the vest or jacket. The Southern Cruisers is a neutral, family oriented, international riding club and cannot show preference to any one club over another. Other patches that present the Southern Cruisers in a bad light will also not be worn. If there is any doubt, contact the National Membership Director for clarification.

I know in some areas 1%ers may not be active but, here we have quite a few. The Pagans were founded about 20 minutes away from where I live. The Hells Angels had a club house 2 miles away and we also have The Highwaymen and Iron Horsemen here as well. The ones I've seen tend not to go out of their way to cause trouble so, if you leave them alone they should leave you alone.

After a cold snap we had a couple really nice days and EVERYONE was out on bikes. I went up to my dealer in Baltimore to get a key programed then came home. I probably saw about 40-50 bikes. That's a lotta waving. I even waved to a HA and he waved back. :)

ARtraveler
11-19-2012, 04:54 PM
Just a clarification. I consider the 1%ers to be the "outlaw" type gangs that are into territories, and various crime related activities.

Groups like the Goldwingers, the Southern Cruisers, HOGS, etc. etc. are just motorcycle clubs to me. I belonged to the Last Frontier Motorcycle club for over 10 years here. The Southern Cruisers are a great bunch of people and they also rode with the Last Frontier group. I am now an associate member of the Goldwing Riders. I consider no clubs up here to be "bad boys". Just great people to associate with who have a love for the sport of motorcycling.

Laila's Dad
11-19-2012, 05:37 PM
I thank God for wisdom as I grow older, for Laila's mom, and for Laila because without them my foolish pride would have me to say I wish someone would tell me not to wear a patch that isn't from a gang. I get turf wars where one gang says they run a certain area, but that is between the gangs. You see a pedestrian riding with some regular citizens and you tell me to take my jacket off or a patch...but I digress, as I guess if you want a long life you have to suck up a lot of things. It's all apart of being a responsible adult, I suppose

Blondespyder
11-19-2012, 05:37 PM
Everyone makes very valid points. And it seems to me most everyone is well versed in how to stay away from trouble with the "outlaw" MC clubs.

No information is too much information to be safe and for everyone to get along

Bob Denman
11-19-2012, 05:47 PM
Just one little teeny-tiny clarification...
When does a motorcycle club become a gang? :shocked: :roflblack: :joke:

Yazz
11-19-2012, 05:51 PM

When you're the MOgang! :yes::yes::yes:

Bob Denman
11-19-2012, 05:53 PM
Got it... MOGang is NOT MoMotorcycleclub! :thumbup:

Laila's Dad
11-19-2012, 05:57 PM

I think with the motorcycle club you ask to join and they send you emails about events and ask you if you want to come and you can for 6 months without riding with them and still be in the club. With the gang you are down all the time and if you don't ride with them for a week they come looking for you because they think you went to the cops. lol

Bob Denman
11-19-2012, 06:02 PM
...And don't they all have to sleep with your "Ole Lady" too? :shocked:
(The gang; not the club!)
Or have I seen too many biker movies to be healthy?? :roflblack:

wyliec
11-19-2012, 06:08 PM
I thank God for wisdom as I grow older, for Laila's mom, and for Laila because without them my foolish pride would have me to say I wish someone would tell me not to wear a patch that isn't from a gang. I get turf wars where one gang says they run a certain area, but that is between the gangs. You see a pedestrian riding with some regular citizens and you tell me to take my jacket off or a patch...but I digress, as I guess if you want a long life you have to suck up a lot of things. It's all apart of being a responsible adult, I suppose

Your subject line "right to bare arms" could cause a problem.

If you are wearing a short sleeve shirt, you certainly have a right to bare arms. But, if you have a long sleeve shirt, you can bear a derringer on your forearm.

PrairieSpyder
11-19-2012, 06:09 PM
I was incredulous when I first learned about the 1%er rules that apply even to us 99s. My brother's friend is part of a veterans MC, and they had to go to the area 1% MC to get permission to operate in this territory.

Amazing!

Bob Denman
11-19-2012, 06:13 PM
The irony in all of this is staggering...
We are expected to follow their rules...
But they thumb their noses at society!

Laila's Dad
11-19-2012, 06:15 PM
Your subject line "right to bare arms" could cause a problem.

If you are wearing a short sleeve shirt, you certainly have a right to bare arms. But, if you have a long sleeve shirt, you can bear a derringer on your forearm.

I am 100% for the right to bare arms or to show your bare arms :-). I guess sometimes there is something on the inside of me that just can't believe the mindset of some people. This land we live in, our freedom, our rights people have died for that but yet I have to check my closet before I go cruising to make sure I am in compliance. Just makes no sense to me.

asp125
11-19-2012, 06:27 PM
I avoid wearing the wrong colors by not dressing like a biker. Nobody pays attention to a rider wearing day glo yellow anyway. :D They just point and laugh.

coz
11-19-2012, 06:27 PM
don't the mc's also have the right to live how they want in America ? just like anybody else? i wouldn't dis a 1%'er in a public forum.

Laila's Dad
11-19-2012, 06:32 PM
don't the mc's also have the right to live how they want in America ? just like anybody else? i wouldn't dis a 1%'er in a public forum.

valid point, you never know who is paying attention.

wyliec
11-19-2012, 06:56 PM
Yes they do; but, they don't have any right to infringe on my (legal) rights

PrairieSpyder
11-19-2012, 06:57 PM
The irony in all of this is staggering...
We are expected to follow their rules...
But they thumb their noses at society!

That's why they're only 1% of the population.

Yazz
11-19-2012, 07:04 PM
Or have I seen too many biker movies to be healthy?? :roflblack:

You've watched too many moves... :thumbup:

I was incredulous when I first learned about the 1%er rules that apply even to us 99s. My brother's friend is part of a veterans MC, and they had to go to the area 1% MC to get permission to operate in this territory. Amazing!

Are you sure he hooked up with 1%s or with the Confederation of Clubs? The COC was set up to be a mediator between the clubs. A friend's father had to go through COC to get the Southern Cruisers set up in our area.

Have a good friend who's a 1%er. He and his wife are the nicest people you would ever want to meet. Met a lot of his friends too. You know what? Yeah they can look scary when you first meet them but... they would be the first ones to pull over and help if you were stranded alongside the road, and get you safely on your way.

It's good to have protocol down pat regarding colors. That's why I don't wear any. Keep your nose clean, mind your own business and you're good to go.

Questions
11-19-2012, 07:23 PM
Please follow the link below for RC and MC education.

http://www.rcvsmc.net/index.html

Thanks

dabreitbach
11-19-2012, 07:31 PM
Ok I'll chime in. We just had a run in with a big 1% club, THE OUTLAWS. At the end of the summer the head of the Rockford club came in to our little town and told people at bike nite that he was going to buy the building across the street and move the Rockford Il. club here. This is on mainstreet downtown. He also stated that he wanted 30 recruits so they could wipe out the hells angels in rockford. Well that went over like a lead ballon. Between private citizens and city officials and our local cops we had the sherrifs department, state police and the feds all in on this. Anytime they came in town they were watched, closely. After 2 months of twice weekly visits and somebody else buying the building out from under them, they got the message and left.
I guess the feds are really after the outlaws because about a year ago they met with some mexi cartel honcho's about working together. The are now listed as domestic terrorists by homeland defense. They have raided about a half dozen chapters in the last year and locked up every member and associate. LESSON, don't hook up with out of country badguys in post 911 america. The feds will declare war on your ass.;)

CanAmChris
11-19-2012, 09:19 PM
The link to http://www.rcvsmc.net/index.html is very good information and can keep you out of trouble. I suggest reading all of the site. I read it a couple years ago. There are many parts that you should not overlook. (Brother/Bro for example)

I can say though that in my experience, it is as simple as 'Leave them alone and you will be left alone'

Unless you put an MC patch on your back most clubs will not bother you. Most Motorcycle Clubs that people fear have a three patch system for 'colors'
1. Center back big patch is club affiliation
2. Bottom back rocker is chapter (state or local) affiliation
3. MC back patch. Usually on the bottom right of the cut (vest). It is almost always a patch with just the letters MC on it.

In the interest of brevity I will tell you this. If you wear a denim vest, never cut off the collar. I have provided pictures of the vest I wear as an example. I can walk into any biker bar (Not a Club House unless I am invited) and have no problems. In fact, I have been asked to join a couple of three patch MCs and many MC members do call me Brother when they see me. That is their choice and I reciprocate out of mutual respect. I would not presume to call a three patch wearing member of any MC 'Brother' or 'Bro' unless they offered the salutaion first.

If you have any question about my patches or pins, please feel free to PM or email me.

CAC

Illinois Boy
11-19-2012, 09:36 PM
I just couldn't hold back any longer regarding this thread...

First of all, if you are riding a Spyder around any of these clubs you are likely to get your butt kicked just on the principal you are riding a Spyder and not a motorcycle or a traditional trike. Don't fool yourself... you are not going to be considered a threat to any of these club members unless you do something completely stupid. They don't want the "heat" of knocking you around.

Second... no one here should be considering themselves or any organization they "ride-with or belong-to" as a motorcycle club. That is just the beginning of potential trouble. However, even it you do, you really have to expose yourself to these clubs while being a complete idiot before you'll find your butt being kicked around. Seriously... these clubs are NOT going to kick your butt when you are on a Spyder wearing what some might call "colors" -- unless you are a complete idiot around them.

Third... if you decide that you want to be a "biker club" and have patches... then get to know the local outlaw clubs and let them know about your intentions. Likely you will not be harassed by any of them. In fact, you won't be harassed by them unless you intend to interfere in what they "do" -- if you know what I mean.

Two posts previous to mine mentions the Outlaws club located in my town. We have two such clubs... the Outlaws and the HA's. If you have ever seen the documentary on outlaw motorcycle clubs you will see a part in the documentary that occurred in this town between those two clubs over a decade ago. Members were violently murdered, and some of those involved are still spending time in prison. It was one of the worst "biker club" incidences that had ever occurred up to that time.

Look... these guys are involved with themselves and those that intrude upon their "businesses". A person wearing a leather vest with a patch or two on it is not going to garner the attention of these guys... no way. YOU are not worth their time or the risk of them going to jail.

Just ride your Spyders as you do and don't pull up to unfamiliar places where these clubs might by "hanging around". And if you do, just don't be an idiot and you will be fine -- other than the harassment you may have to endure for riding your Spyder.

Just saying...

Blondespyder
11-19-2012, 09:47 PM

First of all, if you are riding a Spyder around any of these clubs you are likely to get your butt kicked just on the principal you are riding a Spyder and not a motorcycle or a traditional trike. Don't fool yourself... you are not going to be considered a threat to any of these club members unless you do something completely stupid. They don't want the "heat" of knocking you around.

Second... no one here should be considering themselves or any organization they "ride-with or belong-to" as a motorcycle club. That is just the beginning of potential trouble. However, even it you do, you really have to expose yourself to these clubs while being a complete idiot before you'll find your butt being kicked around. Seriously... these clubs are NOT going to kick your butt when you are on a Spyder wearing what some might call "colors" -- unless you are a complete idiot around them.

Third... if you decide that you want to be a "biker club" and have patches... then get to know the local outlaw clubs and let them know about your intentions. Likely you will not be harassed by any of them. In fact, you won't be harassed by them unless you intend to interfere in what they "do" -- if you know what I mean.

Two posts previous to mine mentions the Outlaws club located in my town. We have two such clubs... the Outlaws and the HA's. If you have ever seen the documentary on outlaw motorcycle clubs you will see a part in the documentary that occurred in this town between those two clubs over a decade ago. Members were violently murdered, and some of those involved are still spending time in prison. It was one of the worst "biker club" incidences that had ever occurred up to that time.

Look... these guys are involved with themselves and those that intrude upon their "businesses". A person wearing a leather vest with a patch or two on it is not going to garner the attention of these guys... no way. YOU are not worth their time or the risk of them going to jail.

Just ride your Spyders as you do and don't pull up to unfamiliar places where these clubs might by "hanging around". And if you do, just don't be an idiot and you will be fine -- other than the harassment you may have to endure for riding your Spyder.

Just saying...

I don't think anyone is saying they are a MC club. We are just discussing what can happen if you do not respect the MC clubs in your area.
And I have seen some Spyder riders with patches and rockers on their vests. it is their personal choice and I respect that.
I was just interested in finding out what the actual "Rules" were for the area I live in.
As for them not wanting to get into an altercation with someone on a Spyder. I have no idea if they would or not. There is alway someone who might want to make a point. So why take the chance?

My personal view is I respect their Club and have no desire to create one. Just making sure it doesn't look like it by mistake.

We all just get together and ride here. And safety is always first and foremost for me. :)

Pappy and Nanna
11-19-2012, 09:58 PM
so after reading all of this and trying to understand it. While I certainly have no desire to have issues or to disrespect anyone, I am confused. Does the design that CAT did on the shirts for Texas Spyder Riders meet all the guidelines of ok to wear or does it cross the lines?

Blondespyder
11-19-2012, 10:14 PM
so after reading all of this and trying to understand it. While I certainly have no desire to have issues or to disrespect anyone, I am confused. Does the design that CAT did on the shirts for Texas Spyder Riders meet all the guidelines of ok to wear or does it cross the lines?

Depends. Does it say Texas on the back? With any names or affiliations?

I say read Lamont's post.. It's a good guideline on rules of riding in certain territories

jScotD
11-19-2012, 10:29 PM
I don't wear any patches, never have, never will.. my only jacket over the years is a dusty old wax cotton jacket.. put a patch on it now, and it will leak in the rain.. maybe i'm a 1%.. I have always ridden in all kinds of weather and alone 99% of the time.. There were time I had icicles hanging off my gloves and the motorcycle seat was frozen because it leaked.. remember going through Oklahoma in a freezing rain,,,,,stopped at a truck stop, and my hands shook so much, the waitress took my coffee and soup to the table for me.. the sheriff and the state trooper looked at me weird.. some where in New Mexico, later , I pulled over for the night,, and hoped the snow would be melted by the time i left the next day.. I'm not a whisky drinker, but was that night.. frozen to the bone..... i have been all over the US on a motorcycle , hope to do the same on this Can_am,,, I have met many of the 1% ers in my life.. helped push their bikes back on the road when they over estimated.. Met the Prez Of one .. in Houston.. they just figgured I was as crazy as they were.. I have always gotten along with those that actually ride and not profile... in a few short months, I will be 65,, this thing has been going on since I was 12
for you BlondeSpyder.. been in you home town mAnY tImEs

you wil probabaly have to highlght it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KrrsLZaY9s

Happy ThanksGiving Folks

jScotD
11-19-2012, 10:33 PM
well guess not...

CanAmChris
11-19-2012, 11:55 PM

First, you contradicted yourself. How and why does anyone get their butt kicked if they are not considered a threat? They don't. I have never ever seen any MC 'Kick Butt' on the basis of what anyone rides or drives. Following this logic anyone who rides a quad or "Non" traditional motorcycle is fair game. You are only a threat If you do something completely stupid? Stop watching Sons of Anarchy.

Second, No one here considers themselves in a MC, You toss around the word idiot a lot. Also butt kicking. Stop watching Sons of Anarchy.

Third, you infer that all Motorcycle Clubs are by definition outside the law or break the law. Stop watching Sons of Anarchy.

Fear not! The motorcycle clubs that you fear in the documentry that might mention your home town have no bearing on people that ride a Spyder today. You will not be molested by any MC for wearing a patch as long as it is not a patch of thier rival. Worst case, you will be asked to show you back and you will be asked to go on your way. (it has happened to me a few times)

There is the contradiction. You assume that anyone with a patch will be confronted. This is seldome the case. You assume that MCs are trafficing in drugs or guns or women. Stop watching Sons of Anarchy.

Again, you use idiot to describe the Spyderlovers members. Who are you to call anyone here an idiot. I have never endured harrassment for riding a Spyder. In point of fact, every time I pull into a Harley Dealer or a bar parking lot, everyone wants to check out my Spyder

Just saying...

cyclelover63
11-20-2012, 12:02 AM
Never cut the collar off a denim vest?...What does that have to do with anything disrespectful?..Just asking...

CanAmChris
11-20-2012, 12:11 AM
Never cut the collar off a denim vest?...What does that have to do with anything disrespectful?..Just asking...

Thanks for asking. If you have a collar on your denim vest it is an easy way for MC's to see they you are not afiliatted. A rider can see that from the front as you pass and has no need to turn around to see your back patch. Most MC's cut the sleeves and collar off. If you have a collar you are showing them that you are not in a MC.

CAC

revjvegas
11-20-2012, 12:27 AM
I avoid wearing the wrong colors by not dressing like a biker. Nobody pays attention to a rider wearing day glo yellow anyway. :D They just point and laugh.

:agree: .. right there with ya.

arntufun
11-20-2012, 05:34 AM

What are they going to do about it ??????? :roflblack:

My address is,

1313 Mockingbird Ln
Come on in....... the doors unlocked. :thumbup:

MouthPiece
11-20-2012, 06:55 AM
What will happen if I wear my bermuda shorts and pointy toe boots? :yikes:

Chris

Recluze
11-20-2012, 07:22 AM
Very nice group of guys BTW
But they don't tolerate a patch well? Sounds like a swell bunch.

Bob Denman
11-20-2012, 07:56 AM
Thanks for asking. If you have a collar on your denim vest it is an easy way for MC's to see they you are not afiliatted. A rider can see that from the front as you pass and has no need to turn around to see your back patch.

If they want to ask me about it; I take the collar off so that the my neck doesn't sweat during the armer months...
don't you just hate when that runs down the middle of your back? :shocked:

Illinois Boy
11-20-2012, 08:02 AM
First, you contradicted yourself. How and why does anyone get their butt kicked if they are not considered a threat? They don't. I have never ever seen any MC 'Kick Butt' on the basis of what anyone rides or drives. Following this logic anyone who rides a quad or "Non" traditional motorcycle is fair game. You are only a threat If you do something completely stupid? Stop watching Sons of Anarchy.

Second, No one here considers themselves in a MC, You toss around the word idiot a lot. Also butt kicking. Stop watching Sons of Anarchy.

Third, you infer that all Motorcycle Clubs are by definition outside the law or break the law. Stop watching Sons of Anarchy.

Fear not! The motorcycle clubs that you fear in the documentry that might mention your home town have no bearing on people that ride a Spyder today. You will not be molested by any MC for wearing a patch as long as it is not a patch of thier rival. Worst case, you will be asked to show you back and you will be asked to go on your way. (it has happened to me a few times)

There is the contradiction. You assume that anyone with a patch will be confronted. This is seldome the case. You assume that MCs are trafficing in drugs or guns or women. Stop watching Sons of Anarchy.

Again, you use idiot to describe the Spyderlovers members. Who are you to call anyone here an idiot. I have never endured harrassment for riding a Spyder. In point of fact, every time I pull into a Harley Dealer or a bar parking lot, everyone wants to check out my Spyder

Just saying...

Did not call anyone an idiot... you need to read what was written. I stated you would only likely be harassed if you acted like an IDIOT.

Secondly... I own a Spyder, and agree no one would be kicked-around for what they ride. The statement was "tongue-in-cheek".

Thirdly... don't make assumptions about me... I have never watched Sons of Anarchy.

Fourth... there WAS a post of someone stating they were in a MC... my reference was directed to the fact if you call yourself a MC it is the first opening for trouble. If you would have read further, you would see I stated even that would not likely be a cause to have trouble -- but that acting like an idiot would.

Fifth... I have no clue what you are saying about the MC's in my town. I never said I feared them. I said that they are only interested in themselves and their rival club. Have no clue what the heck you are talking about... read what I wrote, not what you think I wrote.

Sixth... I never said or assumed anyone with a patch will be approached. Others posted they were concerned about patches. I merely said a patch alone is not typically enough reason for a MC to approach you. Instead you have to act like an IDIOT if you want trouble.

Lastly... where do you see that I called anyone (that is a Spyder rider) an idiot directly. I did not. I stated that acting like an idiot is what can get you in trouble.

Take chill pill...

Bob Denman
11-20-2012, 08:06 AM
So who actually owns all of the rights to this mystical and magical "Motorcycle club" designation?? :dontknow:
If we call ourselves a "Philosophical Society"; do you think that we'd be left alone?? :roflblack:

Blondespyder
11-20-2012, 08:13 AM

Just saying...

Ok you just made me laugh my butt off!!!

I would have to agree. Some do need to quit watching Sons of Anarchy. If that's how they believe most MC clubs live.

I will say, the only reason I started this thread was BECAUSE I WAS approached by the 1%'ers . Who I know very well. And they were not confrontational or anything. They were just telling me what I could expect and how to do things correctly to wear our group patch we have here without offending anyone. As for the few who thinks these men are idiots or bad. You apparently don't know any of them. The majority are great guys who just live by a different set of rules than you and I..

As always, just ride for fun and be safe.

dabreitbach
11-20-2012, 08:13 AM
So who actually owns all of the rights to this mystical and magical "Motorcycle club" designation?? :dontknow:
If we call ourselves a "Philosophical Society"; do you think that we'd be left alone?? :roflblack:

Supposidly its belongs to the 1%ers. Anybody else is a "Riding Club".:dontknow:

Blondespyder
11-20-2012, 08:21 AM
Lamont posted a great link as to the "lingo" of the MC clubs and how they work. :)

And I apologize if this thread has caused any misunderstandings. It was just intended to inform and nothing else, on what I personally was told this weekend at an event I went to.

The information I was given was specifically for my area and my state. And as many of you have pointed out. If you don't act stupid. They really won't mess with you.

Bob Denman
11-20-2012, 08:36 AM
If you don't act stupid. They really won't mess with you.
So does "Stupid" actually include how you decorate your jacket with patches or not? :dontknow:
I would HOPE that contextual clues would mean something in the overall interaction.
Example: I've got a jacket from Walt Disney World... It's got Mickey on the back dressed as the Wizard from Fantasia...
If my initials were MC", and I had an "Empire State" patch on my jacket because I happen to LIKE New York...
Am I risking a confrontation even if I'm just sitting enjoying an ice cream along the highway with my Missus? :shocked:

arntufun
11-20-2012, 08:57 AM
Ok you just made me laugh my butt off!!!

I would have to agree. Some do need to quit watching Sons of Anarchy. If that's how they believe most MC clubs live.

I will say, the only reason I started this thread was BECAUSE I WAS approached by the 1%'ers . Who I know very well. And they were not confrontational or anything. They were just telling me what I could expect and how to do things correctly to wear our group patch we have here without offending anyone. As for the few who thinks these men are idiots or bad. You apparently don't know any of them. The majority are great guys who just live by a different set of rules than you and I..

As always, just ride for fun and be safe.

Your right........... I don't know them.

South Park even makes fun of these people !!!!!! Your "so called" friends are the ones that might need to stop watching SOA if they think people still listen to them anymore or care what disrespects them.

You ride and be safe out there as well. :thumbup:

Blondespyder
11-20-2012, 08:58 AM
So does "Stupid" actually include how you decorate your jacket with patches or not? :dontknow:
I would HOPE that contextual clues would mena something in the overall interaction.
Example: I've got a jacket from Walt Disney World... It's got Mickey on the back dressed as the Wizard from Fantasia...
If my initials were MC", and I had an "Empire State" patch on my jacket because I happen to LIKE New York...
Am I risking a confrontation even if I'm just sitting enjoying an ice cream along the highway with my Missus? :shocked:

Bob, you made me laugh! Love that! :2thumbs:

I am sorry, I guess I should have clarified...(I am still half asleep) I meant "stupid" as in how you interact with them. I think if you act confrontational such as .. example: sitting on someones bike, making unfriendly remarks, or plain being mean, it is going to be an issue :dontknow:I think We all just want to be respectful of each other, I respect their issues with how they live and their rules..(even though I don't really understand them)..And as for being confrontational sitting eating ice cream.. I sure hope not :yikes:
I think ice cream makes everyone happy. :agree:

Blondespyder
11-20-2012, 09:13 AM
[QUOTE=arntufun;542630]Your right........... I don't know them.

Your friends so called rules don't mean anything to me and I could care less what they think is disrespect or not.

South Park even makes fun of these people !!!!!! Your "so called" friends are the ones that might need to stop watching SOA if they think people still listen to them anymore.

You ride and be safe out there as well. :thumbup:[/QUOTE

I agree that these "rules" shouldn't matter. Unfortunately they do where I live. We have clashes between a few MC clubs at least a few times a year here.:shocked:
It is sad and I do not know why they can not all just ride for fun and get along...Just the way it is I guess. ((Sigh))

For such a small city I live in, we have a big drug problem as well as guns and other illegal practices. According to my neighbor who is a police officer, it has to do with us being right on the 1-40 corridor and they run this stuff from west to east and vice versa.

As for me.. I like EVERYBODY! and will be friendly with everybody. I like to see the good in people not only the bad. We all have faults, we all have opinions and I think that's what makes us all so great as individuals :2thumbs:

Bob Denman
11-20-2012, 09:34 AM
I think ice cream makes everyone happy. :agree:

I agree! :2thumbs: The world needs more ice cream bars! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_76.gif

effgjamis
11-20-2012, 10:18 AM
The Florida Express Rides again.

Blondespyder
11-20-2012, 10:20 AM

Forrest... Ride this way so we can go get some ice cream! :2thumbs:

Be safe and have a great holiday. :thumbup:

zrc
11-20-2012, 11:06 AM

I would like to patch in with the Florida Express MC

asp125
11-20-2012, 11:19 AM
There's a MC club called the Ruff Ryders MC. Does that mean we can't call ourselves ryders?

shelbydave
11-20-2012, 11:20 AM
I was reading a thread on the Patriot Guard forum on this subject, and it does vary from state to state / region to region. One of the things mentioned was that in the MC, they have to earn their back patch, while many riding clubs, or even the PGR, can simply buy it and sew it on.

From the PGR FAQ's...

The PGR is NOT a Motorcycle or Riding Club. This back patch is not representative of, nor is it an indication that PGR is a Motorcycle or Riding Club. We do not earn this patch but purchase it from our store. Back patches representing M/C’s or R/C’s are earned by their members during the year or two in which they “prospect” or serve as a prospective member. They work hard to earn the right to wear the patch.

If you choose to purchase or wear the back patch please check with your state captain to make sure that he/she has contacted the COC in your state for approval of the patch BEFORE you purchase the patch. COC in some states are recommending that the back patch not be worn due to safety concerns for our members. Trust in their judgment, they are more aware of the attitudes of the individual M/C’s than we are. WARNING: if you are asked to remove the garment on which you are wearing the patch, please do so immediately, and without contention, for your personal safety.

A little common sense can be the difference between making a friend, or an enemy...

Blondespyder
11-20-2012, 11:42 AM
I was reading a thread on the Patriot Guard forum on this subject, and it does vary from state to state / region to region. One of the things mentioned was that in the MC, they have to earn their back patch, while many riding clubs, or even the PGR, can simply buy it and sew it on.

From the PGR FAQ's...

A little common sense can be the difference between making a friend, or an enemy...

Well said:2thumbs:

I am a member of our local PGR and we don't wear a back patch. Just a small one on the front and a pin. Just trying to get along with everybody.:thumbup:

Lamonster
11-20-2012, 11:54 AM
I think enough has been said on this subject and some things that shouldn't be said. At the risk of this post getting some of you in trouble I'm going to lock it down for now.

Bottomline is there are rules out there like it or not and if you want to play pirate then you better know what you're dealing with. I came from this lifestyle and I can tell you it's no joke and can get you hurt if you think it is.