PDA

View Full Version : Nor Cal guys want a free set of Corbin bags?

Lamonster
11-18-2012, 04:54 PM
Just got off the phone with Mike Corbin and he'll be looking for someone in the area that has a new ST that's willing to part with it for a bit so they can finish up brackets and glass work on his Fleetliner saddlebags. I got the left side done but ran into some clearance issues with the right side and his guys really need a bike in hand to do it right.

I will say the left side looks great and follows the lines perfectly. :thumbup:

So if you live near Hollister CA and you can give up your new ST long enough for Corbin to get the fab done and get you a free painted to match set then shoot them an email or give them a call and you guys can workout the details. They are closed all next week so don't expect an reply back right away if you send them a email. Congrats to whoever gets the free set. :doorag:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=57613&d=1353275133

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=57612&d=1353275131

Littlebadwolf
11-18-2012, 05:04 PM
Somebody needs to jump on this...Great offer

fastfraser
11-18-2012, 07:17 PM
It won't be next year, but probably 2014 I think I'll switch back to the RS/ST platform . I loved my 2009 RS and put a ton of money into it trying to make it like a RT/ tourer and never came close .So I went the RT route and I love it but now the ST with TOP loading Corbin saddle bags and a Trunk Box ( I Hope ) Phantom Black, Smoked Chrome- Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet !:2thumbs: Tough to put flames on it but I'll come up with something .

Bob Denman
11-19-2012, 07:28 AM
Black always looks good with flames... 57659

SpyderAnn01
11-19-2012, 12:09 PM
That almost would make it worth buying an ST:clap:

Lamonster
11-19-2012, 12:19 PM
By the way you don't have to be in Nor Cal to do this, just be willing to drop off your ST there and pick it up when they are done.:doorag:

Lamonster
11-30-2012, 12:20 PM
Now that the ST's are showing up at the dealers don't forget to give Corbin a call if you want to get in on this deal. It will be first come first serve. Don't miss out. :doorag:

Lamonster
12-16-2012, 07:56 AM
Don't think anyone has called in on this yet. Free set of bags is a pretty big deal. :doorag:

Bryk
12-16-2012, 08:25 AM
I would except,

1: I plan to purchase in March
2: I live in NY

Perhaps if someone doesn't do this until next June, maybe he could work on it with mine when they are at Americade?
:)

I was hoping to get both the fleetliner bags and trunk for the ST in June (not sure if the trunk would need any mods - although I do have a question for them about it).

Just crazily thinking outloud, I wonder if there is some dealer close to Corbin out there that could send a yellow STS over and have them done, then ship the ST over to my local dealer, ha ha.

Lamonster
01-24-2013, 10:40 AM
Anyone jump on this now that the ST's are out? :popcorn:

Bryk
01-24-2013, 11:18 AM
Anyone jump on this now that the ST's are out? :popcorn:

My ST isn't coming into the dealer until March.

I sent Corbin an email. They never responded. I would be willing to ship it out if the Spyder could be shipped at a reasonable rate.

I'm still thinking I want just the corbin bags and corbin trunk for the ST. Not sure if I'll end up getting the seat yet.

Lamonster
01-24-2013, 01:00 PM
I would call them, emails don't work that great sometimes.

burg650
02-14-2013, 12:56 AM
So Lamont let me see if I understand this right, they are going to build completely new bad for the ST so I guess the bags that are on the GS/RS will not fit the ST.

Chupaca
02-14-2013, 01:05 AM
Don't have an ST...will an RS in disguise work..:roflblack::roflblack:

Bryk
02-14-2013, 09:21 AM
Don't have an ST...will an RS in disguise work..:roflblack::roflblack:

Is it a 2013? I believe they are looking for a 2013 RS as well.

Lamonster
05-22-2013, 02:19 PM
:popcorn:

Bryk
05-23-2013, 12:49 PM
:popcorn:

Same story here. My current plan is to just order the saddlebags for 2014 Laconia depending on how well the trunk order turns out. I'll update this thread once I get the trunk at Laconia here in a couple weeks to let everyone know how it went.

Bryk
06-13-2013, 09:18 AM
Same story here. My current plan is to just order the saddlebags for 2014 Laconia depending on how well the trunk order turns out. I'll update this thread once I get the trunk at Laconia here in a couple weeks to let everyone know how it went.

The trunk is on. Overall I love it. It looks like it came stock on the bike.

Minor issues: They had the trunk in the truck all wrapped up ready to go for me to arrive. Except it seems the tech did not have what he needed to get it done, having to go to the local auto store at least once. Sunday I showed up around 10:30AM, was told I was next in line and to bring it over. I brought it over, about 4-5 hours later it was the light bracket and trunk were finally attached. However as I was driving away my brother indicated to me that the light wasn't working. I brought it back over and the tech informed me that he would need to go to an auto parts store and that I would need to come back tomorrow. I came back on Monday pretty much a few minutes after 9AM and around noon the job was finished. My fellow riders that were on the trip with me were very patient with just staying at the Meredith HD(near Laconia) where Corbin and several other vendors were.

Even when "completed" I was informed as the tech was finishing up that I could have the trunk tail light either be a running light OR (not both), brake light. Their website states that it can do both so I was a bit disappointed in that aspect. I chose for it to be a taillight Other than that the fit and finish is superb. My XL modular helmet unfortunately does not fit as I had hoped. The passenger seat also loses some valuable real estate and are now a bit squished into my drivers backrest bracket(which is a utopia on a stock seat).

I imagine I can take it apart and add a relay or some other modification to do both, in order to have its intensity increased when the brake is applied.

I did notice that it is harder to put my travelling bags on the passenger seat as on the way home the bags were crammed inbetween me and the trunk, essentially pushing the backrest forward so I couldn't sit where I normally do. I did rearrange the bags so that it mostly alleviated the issue after about half way home so it can be done.

I do kind of want/wish to add a trunk rack to the trunk as I'm not sure what I would do for the maximum overall storage capacity if I was travelling with a passenger. I guess that is where a trailer comes in handy.

Bob Denman
06-13-2013, 11:23 AM
:shocked: Well......69836