PDA

View Full Version : tail light lens

j pat
11-17-2012, 04:46 PM
any one know where to find a replaceable lens dealer said not avil. must buy as a assy. 43.00 for all light&lens looked on web did not find any , lens only ------thanks for any info jpat

Texmac1011
11-17-2012, 05:15 PM
The dealer is correct. Maybe an individual has a lens for sale. When I broke mine, I bought a tail light at Walmart for about 15 bucks and notched the bottom out so the light would shine on the license plate. This was an idea from another member, but I don't recall who. The only adjustment I had to make was attaching the ground wire to the bike. Other than that, it has worked well for a couple years.

j pat
11-17-2012, 06:53 PM
thanks for imput after a long serch found one at cruiser customizing 19.95 + shipping and a better lens thanks again jpat

boomerkc
11-17-2012, 07:47 PM
a replacement lens that also is transparent and shows the tail light. They're an SL sponsor. Click on their banner ad on the Home page.

NancysToy
11-17-2012, 07:52 PM
If you are talking about the license plate light, ESI or Custom Dynamics has what you need. See the SpyderLovers home page for these sponsors. When you replace the lens, put a dab of RTV silicone on the screw hole before you put on the lens and screw (you will need a new screw from the hardware store). Don't overtighten the screw. Let the silicone dry all night and you shouldn't have the problem again. If you want more security, put a couple of small dabs of silicone across the joint between the lens and the base. You can slit it with a razor blade for later lens removal.

MikeinGA
11-17-2012, 10:25 PM
I got mine here: http://www.customdynamics.com/can_am_spyder_reflector.htm
It works great and it gives you another rear facing light.

Mike

Kevfisher
06-16-2019, 06:47 PM
No the dealership is not correct.
My lens fell off going down the road....I purchased another lens for $20 brand new online.

TONYO
06-17-2019, 12:09 PM
FYI..
Coulda got a two pack at walmart for two bucks. Mine fell off as well. Grind off the top corners n it fits perfect.

Big Arm
06-17-2019, 01:26 PM
Looking for a whole new tail light / license plate light assembly. Mine fell off a month ago. Anybody got a spare for a GS, that I could buy ?