PDA

View Full Version : Spuratic Idel

Mongo
11-16-2012, 06:18 AM
So last week was out on a ryde stopped and fueled, was getting ready to pull out of the gas station turned the key on, hit the mode button then start and everything went dead.(not good). So i left the spyder went and got the truck and trailer and returned home to the garage. So now that it was in the garage i pull the side panel exposing the battery, I proceeded to check the battery with a meter. With the key off i had 12.2v turned the key on droped to 4.6v. Ok, lets replace the battery. Now that i have replaced the battery everything looks good so i proceed to start the spyder. It starts and is ideling a little high, (2500 rpm) i just figured it was cold, so i let it warm up to operating range, still around 2500 rpm so now i crack the throttle open a little and now it is staying around 5000rpm, now i kill the engine and restart it and still running around 4000~5000 rpm. Is there something that needs reset after replacing the battery?
Thanks in advance,
Mongo

Bob Denman
11-16-2012, 08:31 AM
Hi Mongo,
RS or RT??
If it's the former; could the throttle cable be sticking a bit? :dontknow:

Mongo
11-16-2012, 05:12 PM
It is a 2010 RS.

Bob Denman
11-16-2012, 06:02 PM
First easy thing that comes to mind then...
Lube the throttle cable and see if that helps! :thumbup:

Mongo
11-20-2012, 06:27 PM
Update,
Took the spyder to the Dealership in Columbus Ohio (ASK Brice Road) talked to Dave, he told me to unload it he could check it out on the spot, This is when he explained to me that the bad battery can throw a lot of errors. He was correct. Dave cleared the error codes and noticed my spyder need the cluster update and all was good. Asked what i owe for the service and was told to have a nice weekend.
Now that is awsome service.