PDA

View Full Version : fromnt tire change to chrome

spyderpoop
11-14-2012, 09:07 PM
are their anyting I need to no special if I try to change the front tires to chrome at a wheel store ??

NancysToy
11-14-2012, 10:24 PM
You won't find the Spyder three bolt pattern at a wheel store. It is peculiar to the Spyder, as far as I can tell. Your only choices are the various BRP wheels. Using wheels off the model opposite that you own will require changing the fender location, and will affect the handling somewhat. Aftermarket wheels have been used with specially machined adapters, but will require even more extensive changes in fender location, cause more extensive handling changes, and could cause unexpected loss of strength. Stick with the BRP wheels available for your particular model for best results.

asp125
11-14-2012, 11:45 PM
The easiest way is here: http://www.brp.com/FlipBooks/Can-Am-Spyder-Catalog.aspx?culture=en-us

Go to the "wheels" section and give the dealer your credit card number.

Dizneyman
11-15-2012, 07:26 AM
Anyone looked at the wheels from a smart car? 3 lugs and they look just like Spyder wheels.

NancysToy
11-15-2012, 08:17 AM
Anyone looked at the wheels from a smart car? 3 lugs and they look just like Spyder wheels.

What is their bolt circle diameter? Does anyone make custom wheels for a Smart Car?

asp125
11-15-2012, 11:14 AM
What is their bolt circle diameter? Does anyone make custom wheels for a Smart Car?

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/results.jsp?autoMake=smart&autoModel=fortwo+passion+cabrio&autoYear=2010&autoModClar=

There is a 15x5 that is listed matching the 2013 Spyder size, but I don't have the corresponding bolt circle and offset dimensions of the 2013 Spyder.

Well.. it appears that question has been asked and answered before: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?12457-Smart-Car-wheels-on-Spyder

Motorcycledave
11-15-2012, 12:02 PM
are their anyting I need to no special if I try to change the front tires to chrome at a wheel store ??

I have never seen chrome tires

Motorcycledave
11-15-2012, 06:01 PM
If you are looking for chrome wheels for the Spyder contact Stockton Wheel Company in Stockton CA.
they manufacture chrome wheels for anything. the address is 648 West Fremont St. Stockton, CA 95203
209-464-7771
Something to think about... the Spyder has a strange 3 lug bolt pattern almost nothing else has that so
if you want to deal with a local company that sells wheels you will have to find a machine shop that will
make adapters from your 3 bolt patttern to 4 or 5 bolt circle. then you can put anything you want on it or you could have the stock wheels fully polished.... that would look great.
Dave :2thumbs:
__________________________________________________ _________________________________________

Plyrod38
11-15-2012, 08:26 PM
Rich,

I heard there is a plating shop in Concord, NC that may be able to chrome plate your wheels.
Another option may be to powder coat your wheels a complimentary color to your Spyder. Yellow would really make it stand out.

spyderpoop
11-15-2012, 08:34 PM
wow a great Idea do you no the name of the company or any plateing company as the BRP wheels are too expensive Rich,

I heard there is a plating shop in Concord, NC that may be able to chrome plate your wheels.
Another option may be to powder coat your wheels a complimentary color to your Spyder. Yellow would really make it stand out.[/QUOTE]

spyderpoop
11-15-2012, 08:44 PM

well guess their is not a cheaper way to get chromed wheels on other then the $500 their asking for at the dealers of canam thanks again

Plyrod38
11-15-2012, 08:58 PM
Let me get with my street rod friends and I should be able to come up with the name and address. I think the plating option may be your best bet. Hang in there and I'll get back to you when I get the information.
I was just sort of joking about the yellow powder coat, but a bright gold would be really outstanding with your blue in my point of view.
Gold would also look great on my lava bronze, but I've got too much invested in the chrome to go with the gold.

Motorcycledave
11-16-2012, 08:44 PM
Let me get with my street rod friends and I should be able to come up with the name and address. I think the plating option may be your best bet. Hang in there and I'll get back to you when I get the information.
I was just sort of joking about the yellow powder coat, but a bright gold would be really outstanding with your blue in my point of view.
Gold would also look great on my lava bronze, but I've got too much invested in the chrome to go with the gold.

Stockton Wheel can Chrome and or powder coat your wheels