PDA

View Full Version : Firstgear Cold Weather - Themo Suit Sale!

BajaRon
11-14-2012, 08:55 AM
I've got a great price on the Firstgear Thermo 1 Piece Cold Weather Suit sizes Medium thru 3XL. It is Water Proof and great for those frosty mornings. You can wear it over work clothes.

PM or Email me at fyredad@hotmail.com for price or for questions about this suit including proper sizing for you.

This has been a great customer pleaser.

http://a248.e.akamai.net/origin-cdn.volusion.com/6ngpm.b2jhw/v/vspfiles/photos/12Firstgear-Thermo-Suits-2.jpg
100% waterproof, 210 denier Hypertex
120-gram polyester insulation
Full storm flap closures on zippers, pockets and cuffs
Cargo storage pockets
Elasticized ankle closures and adjustable waist
1-year limited warranty

NancysToy
11-14-2012, 08:57 AM
Alas, why can't they make these in a Tall? :(

Kratos
11-14-2012, 10:25 AM
Highly interested. Do they fit people 6'2" with a 34" leg length? Is this the kind that you have to plug into your bike's battery?

bullant12
11-14-2012, 10:38 AM
Highly interested. Do they fit people 6'2" with a 34" leg length? Is this the kind that you have to plug into your bike's battery?

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/421/MNGR_POP/SIZE-CHART.ASPX This won't plug into your battery unless you wear plug-in thermal underwear.

Bob Denman
11-14-2012, 10:52 AM
PM sent... :thumbup:

Sarge707
11-14-2012, 12:41 PM
I have worn the Thermal Suit 2 winters in temps 35-50 degrees and its Great. (You could go colder but I stop at 35)
Just jump into it with your sweatpants and sweatshirt (NO LAYERS) and ride comfortable.
The neck goes ALL the way up to the helmet so you don,t need a Neck Warmer.
Getting into it takes a minute but getting it off is much quicker!!!

Not made for walking around the Mall as you will get Much TOO hot!

Bob Denman
11-14-2012, 12:46 PM
...But if you can leave your helmet on; at least the other shoppers will leave you alone! :shocked:

pickelhead
11-14-2012, 12:58 PM
...But if you can leave your helmet on; at least the other shoppers will leave you alone! :shocked:

Did you take your medication this morning Bob?:roflblack:

Bob Denman
11-14-2012, 01:15 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_5.gif

BajaRon
11-14-2012, 02:36 PM

No, these are not electric. Give me your weight (you can PM me if that's a personal issue) and I can give you a better idea of which size you'd need.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/421/MNGR_POP/SIZE-CHART.ASPX

How about that! Firstgear added a sizing chart for the Thermo suit! That is new.

The Thermo doesn't size exactly like the chart. For example, I've got customers from 5' 7" to 6' who are very happy with the Medium suit (depending on build). I've got customers from 5' 8" to 6' 2" weaing the Large (again, depending on build).

It also depends on what you plan to wear under the suit.

If you are interested give me your height and weight and I can usually get you very close. I've kept a size/weight record on my customers for this suit which helps me with sizing.

pickelhead
11-14-2012, 05:28 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_5.gif

???

Lamonster
11-14-2012, 05:37 PM

They come stock tall nojoke

BajaRon
11-14-2012, 05:51 PM

I don't remember Scotty, have you tried one of these on?

retread
11-14-2012, 06:09 PM
Hey, Scotty, we're about the same size, I've got a T-suit in XL that works and fits really well.

john

Kratos
11-14-2012, 06:26 PM
No, these are not electric. Give me your weight (you can PM me if that's a personal issue) and I can give you a better idea of which size you'd need.

6'2.5" 230lbs 38" waste with 34" leg length.

I'm interested even more with it not being electric. Makes me think they are built with better insolation.

NancysToy
11-14-2012, 07:03 PM
I don't remember Scotty, have you tried one of these on?
Can't lay my hands on one around here, and I don't want to waste money on another dead horse this year. I held another rider's suit up next to my riding suit, and it looked marginal at best. Shorter arms than my tall Kilimanjaro, which is barely adequate. Orangutan arms and a long torso make jumpsuits and overalls a difficult proposition. I may try one someday when I have money to burn. I keep watering and fertilizing that money tree I planted, but it hasn't born any fruit. :D

bruiser
11-14-2012, 08:30 PM
I keep watering and fertilizing that money tree I planted, but it hasn't born any fruit.

I keep planting them and they keep dying. :(

BajaRon
11-14-2012, 09:45 PM
6'2.5" 230lbs 38" waste with 34" leg length.

I'm interested even more with it not being electric. Makes me think they are built with better insolation.

The XL should fit you well. 2XL if you want to wear heavy clothing underneath but that is not usually necessary.

Kratos
11-15-2012, 12:41 AM
The XL should fit you well. 2XL if you want to wear heavy clothing underneath but that is not usually necessary.

PM Sent.

Bob Denman
11-15-2012, 10:46 AM
I keep watering and fertilizing that money tree I planted, but it hasn't born any fruit.

I keep planting them and they keep dying. :(

You too? :shocked:

murphybrown
11-15-2012, 02:31 PM
I have worn the Thermal Suit 2 winters in temps 35-50 degrees and its Great. (You could go colder but I stop at 35)
Just jump into it with your sweatpants and sweatshirt (NO LAYERS) and ride comfortable.
The neck goes ALL the way up to the helmet so you don,t need a Neck Warmer.
Getting into it takes a minute but getting it off is much quicker!!!

Not made for walking around the Mall as you will get Much TOO hot!

Agree with Sarge...love my suit..wearing now...28' a my house this a.m. lite rain now...if it gets heavy then will put raingear over ....

Kratos
11-15-2012, 02:41 PM
The reviews online are superb. Very excited about this suit. Placing my order now.....

NancysToy
11-15-2012, 05:03 PM
I have never heard anyone that owned one complain about the ThermoSuit. That's pretty good in this day and age. It says a lot for how handy and functional this suit really is.

Rando
11-15-2012, 05:05 PM
I own one and it was one of the best purchases I made for my Spyder since it allows me to ryde year around here in Michigan!

Kratos
11-15-2012, 05:06 PM
I have never heard anyone that owned one complain about the ThermoSuit. That's pretty good in this day and age. It says a lot for how handy and functional this suit really is.

Order submitted. Suit will be here early next week. Thanks BajaRon....a pleasure talking on the phone with you.

BajaRon
11-15-2012, 05:13 PM
Order submitted. Suit will be here early next week. Thanks BajaRon....a pleasure talking on the phone with you.

I don't talk to many on the phone. Not that I'm against it, just usually not necessary. It is kind of nice to actually talk to a customer every once-in-awhile. Spyderlovers are always great to talk to. Wish I had more time to do it more often.

Blue Star
11-15-2012, 10:22 PM

I have one, and my only problem is I have to put it on just as I go outside. If I put it on in the morning, and then go get my lunch from the fridge I break out in a sweat. Keeps me warm, and works good in the rain too.

NancysToy
11-15-2012, 11:18 PM
I have one, and my only problem is I have to put it on just as I go outside. If I put it on in the morning, and then go get my lunch from the fridge I break out in a sweat. Keeps me warm, and works good in the rain too.
:roflblack: Same with my riding suit, or even long underwear. I hate it when I sweat and drip onto my glasses. :roflblack:

BajaRon
11-16-2012, 09:55 AM
:roflblack: Same with my riding suit, or even long underwear. I hate it when I sweat and drip onto my glasses. :roflblack:

Sometimes way too much information is provided...... this may be one of those times! :yikes:

MindlessMuse
11-16-2012, 01:32 PM
Extremely pleased with this purchase. This is my first suit, so it will take a little bit to get used to, but my initial thoughts are that it will definitely keep me warm here in the philly burbs as I was walking around my apartment and could definitely tell I was warming up quickly.

Thanks Ron!

Kevyn
aka MindlessMuse

Phillig
11-16-2012, 02:38 PM
Thanks Ron. I just got my suit. Shipping was as quick as I've seen and it is a great suit at a great price. A very happy camper here. Fit was exactly as Ron suggested.

Now for that RT anti-sway bar (no matter what the color).

Questions
11-17-2012, 04:05 AM
I wish I could, but even at 3XL I would need to sew two together to get it to fit. Well, back to the fat & fatter store.

I do want to ask if anyone has had knee replacements and then rode in very cold weather? I went out to see the meteor shower tonight, (great view of the sky on the Spyder), & when I got home, not only was I freezing, but my knee's weir super cold. This is the first time riding in cold weather w/the replacements. I've been back about 2 hrs now and my knees are still colder then the rest of my body. Has anyone else had this experience? I thought the themo suit would help, but may be some kind of knee warmers... Any advise?

SpyRyd
11-17-2012, 04:37 AM
Ordered my suit on Thursday and it arrived yesterday...over night...wow, what great service from BajaRon. The T Suit will definitely keep me warm when ryding in chilly weather. Ordered a medium and the fit is good...little long in the legs but thats good when sitting on the Spyder. Now I'm ready when/if the weather here in Southeast VA turns cold...temps now running in the 50s during the day but winter isn't really here yet. The true test will come after the first of the year when weather in this area usually turns cold.

Phyxius
11-17-2012, 06:07 PM
I ordered mine last night, it should get here next week as BajaRon processed the order on a Saturday, the man is dedicated!

Temps here by the bay in MD are low to mid 50s during the day 30s at night. I'm excited to try it out. I've read a bunch of reviews and it seems REALLY warm :):thumbup:

Rando
11-17-2012, 06:10 PM
I've read a bunch of reviews and it seems REALLY warm :):thumbup:if I had to complain it would be that it is too warm!

SpyRyd
11-18-2012, 05:42 AM
I ordered mine last night, it should get here next week as BajaRon processed the order on a Saturday, the man is dedicated!

Temps here by the bay in MD are low to mid 50s during the day 30s at night. I'm excited to try it out. I've read a bunch of reviews and it seems REALLY warm :):thumbup:

I rode about 150 miles yesterday w/ temp in low 50s and it was really windy. Didn't wear the T Suit, thought it wasn't cold enough, but wished I had.

My concern is that the T Suit may be too warm for the relatively mild winter temps typical to Southeast VA. Will have to test it out if/when the temps get into the 30s.

wyliec
11-18-2012, 11:04 AM
Ron,

I do hiking and snoeshoeing in the winter. Is that one piece to cumbersome to move around in?

Diggittt
11-18-2012, 11:57 AM

Im 6'4" and bought one last year and it fits great.

Diggittt

BajaRon
11-18-2012, 01:28 PM
Ron,

I do hiking and snoeshoeing in the winter. Is that one piece to cumbersome to move around in?

The Thermo isn't cumbersome, it really doesn't weigh all that much. I don't know if anyone has used this suit for the the purpose you mention but it would certainly keep you warm.

Kratos
11-19-2012, 03:37 PM
That was some fast shipping for standard ground. Suit got in this morning at 8 am (think I just ordered it Friday, Lol). I must say I am excited to try this tonight. It looks to be high quality and feels that way too. Last night I rode in 45 degree temps with 5 layers of clothes and still felt the wind infiltrating my chest and freezing me. I'm looking forward to seeing if this suit can stop the wind getting in better than all the jackets in my closet could. Lol

soaring hawk
11-19-2012, 08:20 PM
Bought mine last year. Well worth every penny! Less weight and warmer than the snowmobile gear I own. You won't be disappointed . Great product.:bowdown:

Kratos
11-20-2012, 12:39 AM
The suit performed flawlessly. 5 layers of clothing could not keep the wind out, but this suit accomplished it on its own. I rode 90mph at 45 degree temps tonight on an RSS with no windshield and couldn't even tell it was cold outside. It rejects wind like oil rejects water. I no longer have a need to put a big ugly windshied on my beautiful RSS for the winter. I am highly impressed with this product.

Hberninger
11-20-2012, 04:59 AM

Alas, why can't they make these in a short? (29" inseam)

mrfats
11-20-2012, 06:22 AM
Bought mine last year. Well worth every penny! Less weight and warmer than the snowmobile gear I own. You won't be disappointed . Great product.:bowdown:

So what's the price...or something close?

MouthPiece
11-20-2012, 06:46 AM
I looked all over and tried to find something for a woman. My wife would love something like this. She is 5'5" and weighs 118. Everything I saw was a fit for a man.

I even went to the First Gear website and didn't see anything save a jacket for a woman.

Any help on this one?

Chris

NancysToy
11-20-2012, 07:29 AM
Many short riders wear these. They just let the extra length bunch up a bit. It's not like you are trying to make the fashion magazines. If there isn't enough length for your legs, arms, or torso, you can't stretch a suit to fit, but if there is too much, it just bunches up a bit. Some very short (& many women) riders have worn these.

MouthPiece
11-20-2012, 07:57 AM
Many short riders wear these. They just let the extra length bunch up a bit. It's not like you are trying to make the fashion magazines. If there isn't enough length for your legs, arms, or torso, you can't stretch a suit to fit, but if there is too much, it just bunches up a bit. Some very short (& many women) riders have worn these.

Yes, but I wanna look like those guys on the Can Am Spyder commercials, Scotty. :p

BajaRon
11-20-2012, 08:53 AM

I've sold out of size Small but I still have plenty of Medium thru 3XL Thermo suits left.

I have customers as short as 5' 5" wearing the medium suit and very satisfied. You want a bit extra in the leg to give you good coverage when seated on the bike. PM me with your measurements and we'll see what we can do.

So what's the price...or something close?

PM me, I can't tell you here. I know it sounds melodramatic but humor me on this one.

I looked all over and tried to find something for a woman. My wife would love something like this. She is 5'5" and weighs 118. Everything I saw was a fit for a man.

I even went to the First Gear website and didn't see anything save a jacket for a woman.

Any help on this one?

Chris

I don't have a Thermo that will fit your wife. But there are alternatives. Starting with the Firstgear BaseGear (shown on the left) then add the TPG Escape Pants (made in women's size/shape) then add a good jacket. The Kilimanjaro comes in Women's sizes.

Or you can go with electric gear, gloves, jacket liner, pants liner and socks (though most people don't need everything, they are available).

Here is a good article written by the lady in these pictures.
http://blog.compacc.com/2011/01/firstgear-tpg-jacket-pants-review/

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSazAweeaKZT6NNzqhxYdfD_RkyW3Jb0 gLnP7R83Dm2OepMU4OMa6v2VRanhttp://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzq_K-gG6PiRR16PgdmNrq1zTwRRUoZ2iU6BWlJ3Tilkf2A5EAVCSeBa UYAw

http://www.btosports.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000007/FIRSTGEAR-TGP-ESCAPE-PANTS-WOMENS.jpg
http://motorcycleridergear.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/FirstGear-Kilimanjaro-Womens-Textile-Jackets.jpg

Yes, but I wanna look like those guys on the Can Am Spyder commercials, Scotty. :p

I know what you mean! Wouldn't we all! :agree:

But once you get cold (and maybe wet too) on a motorcycle, beleive me, you won't care what you look like, you just want to warm up. :yikes: Been there, done that!

The Thermo suit isn't the most fashionable garment out there. But it looks good enough and it will keep you toasty and dry.

For the price and the comfort, let the other guys freeze in style! And don't be surprised if they ask you where you got your Thermo as they try to warm up over a cup of coffee! :thumbup:

CyncySpyder
11-20-2012, 11:15 AM
Here's The Answer to 80% of your Winter Ryde'n Excuses!!!
1stGear Riding Suit Review
OK, so I took advantage of the 1stGear Riding Suit being offered here by a fellow member (BajaRon) for a GREAT PRICE -delivered.
You cant get it that cheap from the manufacturers website even,
so it was a Great Deal (if it worked)

Well, Ive had mine for over 3 weeks now (as of 12/30/10) & promised to give it a review once I had time to actually test it out, so here goes.

Let me start by saying, IMHO, for the price, YOU CAN'T BEAT IT!

THERMO TEXTILE 1-PIECE SUIT
Cargo storage pockets
2-year limited warranty

Ive ridden in 5-12 degree F temps for more than 30 minutes at a time, reaching brief highway speeds up to triple digits, and with only wearing normal clothes underneath, (long sleeve shirt & jogging pants) & the only thing that got chilled (not cold) was my neck area. While riding, the collar provides adequit wind protection with a full face helmet, but whenever I look down at my instruments, I can feel the cold air on my neck.

Ive read other posts talking about Balaclavas, but I havent really felt I needed one. I actually went out and bought one, and if I were going on a long trip in sub-freezing weather, I may use it, (thus still haven't) But Ive found for trips less than an hour, its not really an issue.

Ive been out ryding everyday that its been dry out. We had 2 weeks straight with below freezing temps, and I was able to ryde 11 of the past 14 days. Today, it got up to 37 & I went for a 100 mile ryde, just for fun. All was on the expressway & I was actually passed by a 2 wheeler, and the thoughts that went thru my head were, that guy looks miserable. He had no windshield, half helmet, scarf, at least 2 heavy coats & i dont know how many pants & gloves, but you could tell the guy wasn't having fun. Me, on the other hand, thanks in part to the RT-S's heated grips & adjustable windshield, along with my 1stGear Riding Suit, I WAS HAVING FUN!!! I love this suit!!!

The legs zip up half way for easy access for putting on boots & then have velcro to close over the zipper to prevent wind/water from get'n in & elastic at the bottom to create a seal around your boots.

The arms have velcro adjusters at the end, so I put on my bulky gloves and velcro them tight and get no air/water penetration at all.

Now for the drawbacks- IMHO:

NO HAND POCKETS:
The Suit has 1 chest pocket & 2 smallish front-leg cargo pockets. It has no pockets on the sides like you have on normal pants. So, when you come to your destination, & if you take off your balky riding gloves like I do, you have no-where to put your hands to keep them warm while walking in the cold to your destination.

COLLAR:
The collar could be another inch or so higher to help buffer the cold air when looking down, but that may just be me. I mean, if I had a shorter neck, it wouldn't be an issue, right? LOL As stated above, looking forward with normal driving, the wind wasn't an issue in the neck area.

BULK:
The suit is kind of bulky, but I don't think you can really get around this, for the wind/cold protection that it gives you. I'm 5'9, 175lb & ordered a medium size. The waist is adjustable with velcro strips and the top fits fine, but the legs bunch just a bit, but nothing major.

OK, so...... all that be'n said, I checked out 1stGears website www.firstgear-usa.com (http://www.firstgear-usa.com/) and they do have another riding suit (Expedition) that looks like they corrected the few issues that I mentioned here, but for $500!!!

I'm enjoying ryding every day thats dry no matter the temperature outside. I hope this helps some of you that have been on the fence about this product. I don't think you would be dissapointed, I know I'm VERY SATISFIED & can now enjoy Ryding my Spyder Year Round!!!

Update: 3/24/11
I ditto everything stated above

I almost put the suit away for SpringTime, and BAMM!!!! Snow on Sunday... Teddy & I are ok tho, cause I have my 1stGear Thermo Ryde'n suit, & Teddy's got his enclosed carrier with heating pad.

Update: 11/20/12
Everything still holds true, even 2 years later. One poster mentioned how hot the suit gets if your indoors while wearing it, like at a store or getting ready for a ryde. YES, the suit will make you hot enough to sweat if you wear it long enough in warmer temps, so to help eleviate this issue, I've learned if I'm going to be indoors while wearing it for longer than 15 minutes or so, to make like a surfer-dude, unzip the top portion and take the top part down off my arms & torso, then take the arms and wrap them around and tie them in front of you, making like a surfer-dude (or dude-et) There is a bit of bulk to contend with, but I've found this solution works well for me, and I'm not sweating like I would have been if I'd been wearing the entire suit while indoors. Usually with just the suit covering only my legs, I don't work up a sweat at all. May not look the most stylish, but it saves you from sweating and the suit allows you to ryde year round........ I still LOVE IT!!! Thanks RON ;)

Kratos
11-20-2012, 01:31 PM
Here's The Answer to 80% of your Winter Ryde'n Excuses!!!
1stGear Riding Suit Review
OK, so I took advantage of the 1stGear Riding Suit being offered here by a fellow member (BajaRon) for a GREAT PRICE -delivered.
You cant get it that cheap from the manufacturers website even,
so it was a Great Deal (if it worked)

Well, Ive had mine for over 3 weeks now (as of 12/30/10) & promised to give it a review once I had time to actually test it out, so here goes.

Let me start by saying, IMHO, for the price, YOU CAN'T BEAT IT!

THERMO TEXTILE 1-PIECE SUIT
Cargo storage pockets
2-year limited warranty

Ive ridden in 5-12 degree F temps for more than 30 minutes at a time, reaching brief highway speeds up to triple digits, and with only wearing normal clothes underneath, (long sleeve shirt & jogging pants) & the only thing that got chilled (not cold) was my neck area. While riding, the collar provides adequit wind protection with a full face helmet, but whenever I look down at my instruments, I can feel the cold air on my neck.

Ive read other posts talking about Balaclavas, but I havent really felt I needed one. I actually went out and bought one, and if I were going on a long trip in sub-freezing weather, I may use it, (thus still haven't) But Ive found for trips less than an hour, its not really an issue.

Ive been out ryding everyday that its been dry out. We had 2 weeks straight with below freezing temps, and I was able to ryde 11 of the past 14 days. Today, it got up to 37 & I went for a 100 mile ryde, just for fun. All was on the expressway & I was actually passed by a 2 wheeler, and the thoughts that went thru my head were, that guy looks miserable. He had no windshield, half helmet, scarf, at least 2 heavy coats & i dont know how many pants & gloves, but you could tell the guy wasn't having fun. Me, on the other hand, thanks in part to the RT-S's heated grips & adjustable windshield, along with my 1stGear Riding Suit, I WAS HAVING FUN!!! I love this suit!!!

The legs zip up half way for easy access for putting on boots & then have velcro to close over the zipper to prevent wind/water from get'n in & elastic at the bottom to create a seal around your boots.

The arms have velcro adjusters at the end, so I put on my bulky gloves and velcro them tight and get no air/water penetration at all.

Now for the drawbacks- IMHO:

NO HAND POCKETS:
The Suit has 1 chest pocket & 2 smallish front-leg cargo pockets. It has no pockets on the sides like you have on normal pants. So, when you come to your destination, & if you take off your balky riding gloves like I do, you have no-where to put your hands to keep them warm while walking in the cold to your destination.

COLLAR:
The collar could be another inch or so higher to help buffer the cold air when looking down, but that may just be me. I mean, if I had a shorter neck, it wouldn't be an issue, right? LOL As stated above, looking forward with normal driving, the wind wasn't an issue in the neck area.

BULK:
The suit is kind of bulky, but I don't think you can really get around this, for the wind/cold protection that it gives you. I'm 5'9, 175lb & ordered a medium size. The waist is adjustable with velcro strips and the top fits fine, but the legs bunch just a bit, but nothing major.

OK, so...... all that be'n said, I checked out 1stGears website www.firstgear-usa.com (http://www.firstgear-usa.com/) and they do have another riding suit (Expedition) that looks like they corrected the few issues that I mentioned here, but for $500!!!

I'm enjoying ryding every day thats dry no matter the temperature outside. I hope this helps some of you that have been on the fence about this product. I don't think you would be dissapointed, I know I'm VERY SATISFIED & can now enjoy Ryding my Spyder Year Round!!!

Update: 3/24/11
I ditto everything stated above

I almost put the suit away for SpringTime, and BAMM!!!! Snow on Sunday... Teddy & I are ok tho, cause I have my 1stGear Thermo Ryde'n suit, & Teddy's got his enclosed carrier with heating pad.

Update: 11/20/12
Everything still holds true, even 2 years later. One poster mentioned how hot the suit gets if your indoors while wearing it, like at a store or getting reading for a ryde. YES, the suit will make you hot enough to sweat if you wear it long enough in warmer temps, so to help eleviate this issue, I've learned if I'm going to be indoors while wearing it for longer than 15 minutes or so, to make like a surfer-dude, unzip the top portion and take the top part down off my arms & torso, then take the arms and wrap them around and tie them in front of you, making like a surfer-dude (or dude-et) There is a bit of bulk to contend with, but I've found this solution works well for me, and I'm not sweating like I would have been if I'd been wearing the entire suit while indoors. Usually with just the suit covering only my legs, I don't work up a sweat at all. May not look the most stylish, but it saves you from sweating and the suit allows you to ryde year round........ I still LOVE IT!!! Thanks RON ;)

This review is spot on. Everything said here is exactly what I would have wrote in a full review. You would have laughed watching me last night at the gas station trying to get my wallet out of the chest pocket. Took me 3 minutes. LOL. I was just too stubborn to take my helmet and gloves off. LOL. I'm thinking I'm gonna find one of those masks that covers the neck and lower face, because even the full face helmet doesn't stop the air penetrating and swirling around your nose, cheek, and chin.

BajaRon
11-24-2012, 12:11 PM
There are still a few days left on this Firstgear Thermo, cold weather suit sale. I still have plenty in sizes Medium to 3XL in stock.

Of course I will still have these and the entire Firstgear line of products available after the sale.

Thank you to everyone who has jumped on this one. Ride warm, ride dry!

MouthPiece
11-24-2012, 05:35 PM
There are still a few days left on this Firstgear Thermo, cold weather suit sale. I still have plenty in sizes Medium to 3XL in stock.

Of course I will still have these and the entire Firstgear line of products available after the sale.

Thank you to everyone who has jumped on this one. Ride warm, ride dry!

Actually, Ron, we need to thank you for such a great offer. As I said in my email to you earlier, I will be purchasing more items from you.

Chris

SpyRyd
11-24-2012, 05:58 PM
I rode about 150 miles yesterday w/ temp in low 50s and it was really windy. Didn't wear the T Suit, thought it wasn't cold enough, but wished I had.

My concern is that the T Suit may be too warm for the relatively mild winter temps typical to Southeast VA. Will have to test it out if/when the temps get into the 30s.

Rode 75 miles today wearing my T Suit...temps in the mid-40s with 10-20 mph winds...stayed real comfortable throughout the ryde. Really glad I purchased this T Suit from BajaRon. I'll be ryding all winter as long as there is no snow/ice on the roads :yes:.

MrLooney
11-24-2012, 10:22 PM
PM sent

SpyderLady
11-25-2012, 10:50 AM
Ok I see all these questions about TALL people, but what about those of us that are FUN size? :yikes:Do you have anything in Petites? :pray: I would love to be warmer and not as many layers when I ride. Thanks

Phyxius
11-25-2012, 12:38 PM
I got mine! I haven't had a chance to ride with it yet. Feels nice and toasty though!

SpyRyd
11-25-2012, 12:43 PM
Rode 75 miles today wearing my T Suit...temps in the mid-40s with 10-20 mph winds...stayed real comfortable throughout the ryde. Really glad I purchased this T Suit from BajaRon. I'll be ryding all winter as long as there is no snow/ice on the roads :yes:.

Rode 50 miles this morning with temps in the high 20s...T Suit kept me nice and comfortable...nothing but long sleeve T shirt and jeans under the T Suit. Unconditionally recommend the T Suit.

yanksskins
11-25-2012, 01:24 PM
i'll work in freezer where it's -10. so took suit home this week try it driving works better on bike than at work. at work always still cold after 2 hrs. :ohyea:

BajaRon
11-25-2012, 03:24 PM
Ok I see all these questions about TALL people, but what about those of us that are FUN size? :yikes:Do you have anything in Petites? :pray: I would love to be warmer and not as many layers when I ride. Thanks

The Thermo is designed around standard body type and size (if there is any such thing) with some generous room added for fudge factor.

Small is the smallest size this suit comes in and works well for 5'2" to 5'6" people depending on other factors. The problem is, I've sold out of size Small. I am checking with alternate suppliers to see if I can come up with a few of these as so many have asked about size small.

Of course I do have cold weather jacket/pant combos for both men and women. The jacket pants setup is more versatile and will work over a wider range of temps and conditions than the Thermo. But the pricing is also higher.

You can always to to http://www.firstgear-usa.com/ and check everything out. I also like to go to http://www.revzilla.com/ for reviews and fitment information.

SllimG
11-28-2012, 10:18 AM
I am so glad I bought this thermo suit. I tried it out for the first time this morning. It was 37 degrees and all I wore under it was a short sleeve T-shirt and blue jeans. I was very impressed. Unlike my other gear that has cold spots, those annoying little areas where just enough wind/air gets in to remind you how cold it really is, this suit kept absolutely all the cold air out. The size BajaRon suggested was a perfect fit and I am very pleased with the quality.

MouthPiece
11-28-2012, 01:06 PM
Received mine yesterday. Fit perfectly (perhaps a shade to long in the legs) with me wearing my dress shirt, tie, trousers, and dress shoes. This will really help in the winter time when I want to ride to court. I'll just fold my coat and place in the frunk and then slip on the thermal suit over the other. The other good thing is that this suit will help to prevent what I call "road smell" (I think it's burnt ethanol) gathering on my court clothes.

Chris

rc51ny
11-29-2012, 07:18 PM
WOW! I'm impressed!!! I contact BajaRon 2 days ago via PM here--ordered the suit and it arrived here today! Now's that service. Just for reference in case you're interested: I'm 6'5", 220# and I ordered a size XL. It fits great, but not alot of room for another heavy coat under the suit. But based on what I read here, it won't be necessary. I can't wait to give it a test ride this weekend. I've never ordered anything from BajaRon before, but based on the service he gave me on this suit--I see more money being exchanged in the future.
THANKS RON! :thumbup:

SPYD3R
11-29-2012, 08:07 PM
talk'n 'bout riding attire: are any motorcycle boots made in anything but 'A' widths....????
i wear a 'EEE' width, and i'll be damned if i can find a good boot in that width for riding....
the best i can find, is a Made in China piece of junk :banghead: from Tractor Supply... i wanna buy
:bowdown: MADE in the USA stuff.... HELP...! ! !

NancysToy
11-29-2012, 08:41 PM
talk'n 'bout riding attire: are any motorcycle boots made in anything but 'A' widths....????
i wear a 'EEE' width, and i'll be damned if i can find a good boot in that width for riding....
the best i can find, is a Made in China piece of junk :banghead: from Tractor Supply... i wanna buy
:bowdown: MADE in the USA stuff.... HELP...! ! !
They aren't in 'A' widths, because I had to have Bates make me a pair of that variety. Most seem to be 'D' widths. Why can't the manufacturers of shoes and boots understand that feet come in widths. too. They make them in lengths in 1/8" increments, but to them everybody's foot is the same width? Bates Leathers can usually make you a pair of custom riding boots. They won't be waterproof or high tech, but they fit well.

MLavore
11-29-2012, 09:40 PM
Only wimps need thermal suits. I wear socks, underoos and a helmet in any weather over freezing.

.... just kidding, I own one of these, it's ridiculously warm in 30 degree weather (cold as it gets here)

Phyxius
11-29-2012, 09:47 PM
I was between sizes and I opted for the larger one, I'm happy I did. The chest/arms and waist are a bit big but the um, butt/thighs are good. I haven't had a chance to ride in it yet (it's been cold, I just haven't had time.)

I offered to buy my brother one for Christmas (he's a Harley guy), he told me real bikers don't wear thermal suits. I replied, "yeah they only ride when it's above 50F" and laughed at him. :thumbup:

I saw a guy with a case of beast strapped to the back of his bike, he was wearing about 4 jackets and looked like the staypuff marshmellow man or that kid from a christmas story. :)

BajaRon
12-01-2012, 12:14 AM
I was between sizes and I opted for the larger one, I'm happy I did. The chest/arms and waist are a bit big but the um, butt/thighs are good. I haven't had a chance to ride in it yet (it's been cold, I just haven't had time.)

I offered to buy my brother one for Christmas (he's a Harley guy), he told me real bikers don't wear thermal suits. I replied, "yeah they only ride when it's above 50F" and laughed at him. :thumbup:

I saw a guy with a case of beast strapped to the back of his bike, he was wearing about 4 jackets and looked like the staypuff marshmellow man or that kid from a christmas story. :)

Spyder Riders get better gear and keep riding... Harley owners get a trailer... :thumbup:

rc51ny
12-01-2012, 01:35 PM
took the suit and the Spyder out for a short 50 mile ride this AM. 27 degrees out and I was warm as toast. Best present Santa could have brought me!!! :ohyea:

DR Buck
12-02-2012, 09:51 AM
took the suit and the Spyder out for a short 50 mile ride this AM. 27 degrees out and I was warm as toast. Best present Santa could have brought me!!! :ohyea:

I have to wait. Santa won't let me have mine until Christmas day. :dontknow:

BajaRon
12-12-2012, 06:50 PM
The Firstgear Thermo Suit Pre-Season Sale is over but I've still got these at a great price. All sizes but Small in stock, ready to ship.

The current price is just $10 more than the Pre-Season sale price.

PM me for more info.

Great Suit for cold & wet riding.

modagwood
12-15-2012, 01:23 PM
size
I've got a great price on the Firstgear Thermo 1 Piece Cold Weather Suit sizes Medium thru 3XL. It is Water Proof and great for those frosty mornings. You can wear it over work clothes.

PM or Email me at fyredad@hotmail.com for price or for questions about this suit including proper sizing for you.

This has been a great customer pleaser.

http://a248.e.akamai.net/origin-cdn.volusion.com/6ngpm.b2jhw/v/vspfiles/photos/12Firstgear-Thermo-Suits-2.jpg
Cargo storage pockets
1-year limited warranty

BajaRon
12-15-2012, 04:04 PM
size

PM has been sent.

Jharpo
12-15-2012, 06:05 PM
PM sent
I received my Thermo Suit from Ron and have already worn it twice. You might think it was a crazy purchase since I live in Florida, but believe me when it's 50 here with the high humidity, it's COLD at 60 mph on the way to work. Ron and I both guessed wrong on the size, but he quickly exchanged it and I am a warm and toasty Ryder. Now if I could just find some gloves that are this comfortable and warm. No, 2009 GS doesn't have heated grips. Thanks again Ron for the great service and awesome suit.

Kratos
12-15-2012, 06:09 PM
This suit is so awesome, I use it for everything, not just riding the Spyder.....LOL

BajaRon
12-15-2012, 06:24 PM
I received my Thermo Suit from Ron and have already worn it twice. You might think it was a crazy purchase since I live in Florida, but believe me when it's 50 here with the high humidity, it's COLD at 60 mph on the way to work. Ron and I both guessed wrong on the size, but he quickly exchanged it and I am a warm and toasty Ryder. Now if I could just find some gloves that are this comfortable and warm. No, 2009 GS doesn't have heated grips. Thanks again Ron for the great service and awesome suit.

Of all the suits I sold this year I missed sizing on 2. I wish I could get it right every time.

You would probably like the Firstgear Kilimanjaro gloves. Nice and warm, waterproof and big gauntlet to go over the suit arm. These aren't the warmest gloves made but we are not talking Nanook of the North bulk either. These should take you down into the 30's.

http://external.ak.fbcdn.net/safe_image.php?d=AQCZ6gg5SKumhytl&url=http%3A%2F%2Fecx.images-amazon.com%2Fimages%2FI%2F41JFqaQZWnL._SL350_.jpg

Then there are always heated gloves for the ultimate heated hands.

DR Buck
12-17-2012, 10:16 AM
I have to wait. Santa won't let me have mine until Christmas day. :dontknow:

Come on Christmas !

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Motorcycledave
12-17-2012, 10:54 AM
There are no words to describe how glad I am that I don't live in a place that I
would have to use the suite when I ride.... I was born on a ranch in Utah and
could not wait to grow up and leave for warmer winter weather.... I did just that
I have been riding year round for over 50 years and loving it....
Dave

Motorcycledave
12-17-2012, 10:58 AM
It's not that cold in Redlands is it.....?

SpydermanCT
12-23-2012, 10:05 PM
It was in the mid to upper 30's today in Connecticut. I suited up in my First Gear 1 Piece Thermo Suit and rode for about and hour and a half and was very comfortable the entire time. I was wearing a thermal shirt, a long sleeved shirt, jeans and my high leather boots under the suit. I really like the design on the neck of the suit. It covers your neck in the front at the perfect height and the rear is much higher, so it goes right up to your helmet and keeps the back of your neck nice and warm. It's an excellent, reasonably priced suit that I would highly recommend. I'm 5'10" and I'm about 185/190 lbs and had originally purchased a large but it was to long so I exchanged it for a medium which is perfect in length. I can't wear a heavy sweater underneath because it becomes a little to tight but jeans, a thermal shirt and a long sleeved shirt is perfectly comfortable. I think if I had worn any more, I would have been overheating.

It's kind of funny looking at the temp gauge and its running between 0 and 1 bar at times!

Buy with confidence from Bajaron !!!!!

BajaRon
12-23-2012, 11:20 PM
It was in the mid to upper 30's today in Connecticut. I suited up in my First Gear 1 Piece Thermo Suit and rode for about and hour and a half and was very comfortable the entire time. I was wearing a thermal shirt, a long sleeved shirt, jeans and my high leather boots under the suit. I really like the design on the neck of the suit. It covers your neck in the front at the perfect height and the rear is much higher, so it goes right up to your helmet and keeps the back of your neck nice and warm. It's an excellent, reasonably priced suit that I would highly recommend. I'm 5'10" and I'm about 185/190 lbs and had originally purchased a large but it was to long so I exchanged it for a medium which is perfect in length. I can't wear a heavy sweater underneath because it becomes a little to tight but jeans, a thermal shirt and a long sleeved shirt is perfectly comfortable. I think if I had worn any more, I would have been overheating.

It's kind of funny looking at the temp gauge and its running between 0 and 1 bar at times!

Buy with confidence from Bajaron !!!!!

Glad you like the suit. It's a product that has a very high customer satisfaction level.

FlaBound
12-27-2012, 05:57 PM
Finally got to test the First Gear Thermo Suit. Just ran an errand for my wife. It's in the low 30's with a 20mph wind. So it's effectively inthe low 20's.
The suit preformed beyond my expectations!
Now I can look forward to expanding my riding season.
I highly recommend this suit for anyone looking to ride this winter.