PDA

View Full Version : ST Question

OldDog
11-13-2012, 05:10 PM
Anything new on when the ST's will hit the showrooms?

Lamonster
11-13-2012, 05:14 PM
They went into production this Monday so I would expect two to three weeks.

Bob Denman
11-13-2012, 06:30 PM
Uh-oh! :shocked:
I predict that "our" OldDog won't be sleeping too much until he can actually see one up close and personal! :roflblack:
It feels just like Christmas is gonna show up twice this year! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_2_83v.gif

Kungfuspyder
11-13-2012, 06:34 PM
Riders are getting real itchy to see the new line up down here, as Bob says Christmas comes 2 times this year.:yes::yes::yes:

Bob Denman
11-13-2012, 07:14 PM
I feel like an elf... http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_2_62.gif Already rode one!
it will be pretty tough to deny the urge once you've got your hands on the bars... :shocked: :roflblack:
They truly ARE that good! :2thumbs:

JkRbbt
11-13-2012, 07:52 PM
Talked to the local dealer today and he said he expects to see 2013's in the SPRING. Guess we must live at the end of the pony express trail. Said they would only be getting a couple of ST's and several RT's. I would really love to put a leg over an ST, but I'm not going to fight anyone over them. I'd have no problem being "forced" to go with an RT. :D But, SPRING?? Really?? :p

Mayhem
11-13-2012, 08:20 PM
Talked to the local dealer today and he said he expects to see 2013's in the SPRING. Guess we must live at the end of the pony express trail. Said they would only be getting a couple of ST's and several RT's. I would really love to put a leg over an ST, but I'm not going to fight anyone over them. I'd have no problem being "forced" to go with an RT. :D But, SPRING?? Really?? :p

If you want to see one sooner, the International Motorcycle Show will be in Minneapolis January 11-13.

Bob Denman
11-14-2012, 08:20 AM
Your dealer may just be throwing "Spring" at you in order to slow down the mad rush to see them once they arrive... If you knew that they were showing up on a certain day in January or February; you'd start to get "itchy" if they weren't on the floor the next day...
Dealers don't like being pushed any more than the rest of us do...

Tazzel
11-14-2012, 11:37 AM
I still like the Spyder RS the best, its small quick and nimble.

Jimmy Neutron
11-14-2012, 11:41 AM
Your dealer may just be throwing "Spring" at you in order to slow down the mad rush to see them once they arrive... If you knew that they were showing up on a certain day in January or February; you'd start to get "itchy" if they weren't on the floor the next day...
Dealers don't like being pushed any more than the rest of us do...

Scratch scratch.. I am trying not to call my dealer..But man I would love to see my new toy

JkRbbt
11-14-2012, 12:13 PM
Hey, Bob, they are the ones that gave me the ITCH!! :D

Bob Denman
11-14-2012, 12:32 PM
ahhhh ... if only the came in red
Thqt's only a paint booth away from reality! :2thumbs:

ARtraveler
11-14-2012, 12:33 PM
Some dealers are going to play the game. You might even see some price gouging by them holding off on ordering enough stock to cover demand. My dealer made an interesting comment a couple months ago. He was going to order ST's and no RT's because he still has some 2011 and 2012's left over. My dealer has always got his :spyder2: in late March or April.

I have not heard anything about dealers being limited on how many of anything they can order--so I do not think that comes into play here. Correct me if I am wrong though.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Bob Denman
11-14-2012, 03:39 PM
I learned a long time ago; it's best to not know and not ask... :shocked:
"BRP Bookie"... :roflblack: :thumbup:

Osros
11-14-2012, 07:31 PM
My BRP Bookie told me that they couldn't even order STs until November.
He said this while casually leaning on the red RT that My Better Half was drooling over...
at least I hope it was the RT she was drooling over ...

I'm sure there are good deals to be had on RTs and RS that are still in the floor if your heart is not set on ST see if you can get a great deal on the 2012 RT. My dealer offering nice deals on RSS on the floor like 4k less. It's winter, end of year, current year models on the floor they need to move, should be great deals about!

Bob Denman
11-15-2012, 07:58 AM
:agree: Now is the time for shopping seriously! :thumbup:

docdoru
11-15-2012, 09:00 AM
:agree: Now is the time for shopping seriously! :thumbup:
I aGGree...;)

chris56
11-15-2012, 09:08 AM
in the moment they show a yellow one the first time in europe (eicma milano ) ..
for me the secret is the new RSS which I have not seen yet - side by side on the ST (would need the shield a little lower - which is available and lower handle bars ..
(my wive : why buying a new spyder just for screwing around)
material for EICMA Show in Milano - from Burato total action

Bob Denman
11-15-2012, 10:29 AM
I aGGree...;)

:2thumbs: :roflblack: :2thumbs: