PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Lock Cylinder Installaion, Service Bulletin 2010-13

bluestratos
11-12-2012, 10:47 AM
I tried several searches and still cannot find the bulletin regarding the cylinder installation. I was sure I seen a list of bulletin here somewhere as well but can't seem to find it either. Can anyone point me too or forward this bulletin (2010-13)?

Thanks for any help,

Randy

Pennyrick
11-12-2012, 02:13 PM
I tried several searches and still cannot find the bulletin regarding the cylinder installation. I was sure I seen a list of bulletin here somewhere as well but can't seem to find it either. Can anyone point me too or forward this bulletin (2010-13)?

Thanks for any help,

Randy

We have two 622 trailers and I don't recall ever seeing a service bulletin on the cylinder. Each trailer came with instructions on how to install the cylinder but I can testify to the fact that those instructions weren't too good (or I was a poor subject).

On my wife's trailer I failed to seat the cylinder properly so it locked in place and we could not unlock the damn thing again while on a trip. The only way to get her helmet and purse out of the trailer was to (finally) drill out the cylinder. When I tried to come back on the dealer for the new cylinder and locksmith labor, they refused saying that it wasn't dealer installed.

When I bought my trailer I had the dealer install the cylinder. Lesson learned.

bluestratos
11-12-2012, 02:43 PM
There is a service bulletin for that reason, even some dealer installs caused problems. That is why I need to find it. I have no instructions on install the lock or is it in the manual?

Thanks

revjvegas
11-12-2012, 03:01 PM
April 12, 2011 No. 2011-3 is the only one I see and it is a full RT-622 pre-delivery inspection, but it does also go over proper key barrel installation.

kinggeek
11-12-2012, 03:09 PM
The only instructions I have ever seen say to insert the key into the barrel and push it ALL the way until you both hear and feel a substantial 'Click' to indicate it is fully seated.

There will be a couple of small audible clicks and you will think it is all the way in, it will even look like it is all the way in except you will see a sliver of the piece you are inserting outside the actual socket. Keep pushing until you feel it securely click and seat completely into the socket.

I installed mine and it is that simple.

NancysToy
11-12-2012, 03:44 PM
April 12, 2011 No. 2011-3 is the only one I see and it is a full RT-622 pre-delivery inspection, but it does also go over proper key barrel installation.

????? The copy of Warranty Campaign 2011-3 I have is for reverse actuator adjustment on the Spyder. It does not cover the trailer lock at all. Are there separate bulletins for the RT-622?

revjvegas
11-12-2012, 05:02 PM
????? The copy of Warranty Campaign 2011-3 I have is for reverse actuator adjustment on the Spyder. It does not cover the trailer lock at all. Are there separate bulletins for the RT-622?
This is the one I was referring to:

bluestratos
11-12-2012, 05:27 PM
The one that was quoted on line here is 2010-13 for the lock cylinder installation. I found the reference in one of Lamonsters posts

NancysToy
11-12-2012, 06:36 PM
This is the one I was referring to:
Interesting! Says "Roadster" at top, but is a "Pre-Delivery" bulletin instead of a warranty campaign or technical service bulletin, yet they repeat the number of other bulletins. Must be very confusing for the poor techs and service advisors. The information contained in it in regard to the lock cylinder instructions should be up to date, however. Thanks for the enlightenment.

bluestratos
11-12-2012, 08:10 PM
I tried again after work and I think it clicked in this time, time will tell. I put the key in the cylinder, then the cylinder in the hole, pushed in all the way then turned slightly to the right and "click". I tried to pull it out again but it seems to be in place.

Thanks for all the help :-)