PDA

View Full Version : Great location to hook up your electrical accessories

pro10is
11-11-2012, 10:48 PM
I'm in the process of installing a Utopia backrest on my RS-S so I had my seat off. I took the opportunity to clean the area under the seat for the upcoming winter storage. I opened the fuse panel and was checking it out when I noticed that there is a fuse labeled Accessory. I pulled the fuse and saw it had only one connector which meant it is unused. I know a lot of people go through the effort to install their own fuse block when they have an accessory to install and thought here is a nice fuse connection right here doing nothing. All you need to do is supply the connection to the other side of the fuse and you're good to go. Just something to keep in mind should you find yourself looking for a fused connection directly to the battery to hook up an accessory that draws a lot of power. It comes with a 20 amp fuse but you could replace it with up to a 40 amp if need be for lights or a stereo amp or even go less than 20 amps for something smaller.

BLUEKNIGHT911
11-12-2012, 01:51 AM
Jim, I sent you a PM about the Backrest project......I did mine also and didn't take the seat cover off to do it. Mike....:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:............Tha nks for the tip about the FUSE thingy.........HA HA COZ