PDA

View Full Version : Any New Information about the Valcourt Explosion/Fire

ARtraveler
11-11-2012, 03:00 PM
I searched the internet and was not able to find out much more about the after affects of the explosion/fire at the Valcourt R & D facility.

Does anyone in the "know" have any further information? Is production going to be affected, will delivery of new product be slowed down or halted?

This would be good information for those who have already placed orders for new 2013's.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

boborgera
11-11-2012, 04:31 PM
As of Friday the plant is closed down with no news as to when it might reopen, '

Oh in case anyone is interested in the faith of the two injured workers and not when I'm gonna get my Spyder and or will there be a problem getting parts,
As of now-Their in an induced coma so they can be treated for their burns. :pray:

ARtraveler
11-11-2012, 05:49 PM
The condition of the two injured was mentioned in the earlier post and on the internet the very first day. The purpose of the post was to see if anyone knew anything new--since then. I think that the fact that there is virtually no one saying anything is interesting.

I am a bit offended that you imply I do not care about the injured people. I have no axe to grind concerning the purchase of any new spyder. I am not buying a 2013, and have nothing on order. A couple days later, life goes on, and no one has mentioned anything in the way of an update.

kevorama
11-11-2012, 08:00 PM
Agreed, that was a pretty stiff reply. This is one of the issues when using text to communicate. You lose the ability to show emotion effectively. Both of you have enough posts to show that you are major members and contributors to this community. Don't let this get stupid.

Lamonster
11-11-2012, 08:03 PM
I was able to dig up a little info on the explosion.

The explosion took place Thursday late evening in the 'laboratory' portion of the R&D Building. This is where components and engines are tested, including the use of engine dynomometers.

One BRP employee (technician) and one security guard suffered serious injuries (burns) and are in a special trauma center in Quebec City for burn victims. They are in an induced coma and are still in critical condition.

BRP's focus is to help the families and colleagues of these victims during these difficult times.

The cause of the explosion is under investigation.

Production facilities have not been affected. These are in separate buildings. In the R&D Center and the 'laboratory', only future products are under testing protocols, usually.

Very sorry to hear this and I'm sure BRP will get through it and somehow come out better for it. As a person who have suffered third degree burns twice now I really feel deeply for the victims. Our prayers are with them.

Oldmanzues
11-11-2012, 08:46 PM
Best wishes,prayers and hopes for the injured workers. Burns are a horrible injury to work with. I received 2nd degree burns on both hands from helping move a fuel oil drum during a fire. Do not want to repeat that..
Oldmanzues

MtlBen
11-11-2012, 09:59 PM
Information is hard to find, as newspapers are focusing on an other unfortunate accident that occured in the same region.

There was an other, bigger explosion in a company in Sherbrooke, (completely unrelated) that killed 2 workers, along with a third one who did not survive the injuries.

Though times for the entire region.

...Ben...

Lamonster
11-11-2012, 10:06 PM
Information is hard to find, as newspapers are focusing on an other unfortunate accident that occured in the same region.

There was an other, bigger explosion in a company in Sherbrooke, (completely unrelated) that killed 2 workers, along with a third one who did not survive the injuries.

Though times for the entire region.

...Ben...
That was about a mile from the BRP office. Bad day for all.

spyryder
11-12-2012, 01:25 PM
Unfortunately one has succumbed to his injuries:

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/business/Employee+dies+from+injuries+after+plant+explosion+ Valcourt/7535348/story.html

ARtraveler
11-12-2012, 01:52 PM
Sorry to hear of this terrible developement. Our thoughts and :pray: go with the families of those involved in this tragedy.

flamingobabe
11-12-2012, 03:14 PM
Bad deal...prayers to family and friends

Bob Denman
11-13-2012, 07:47 AM
:agree: :pray: Hoping for a complete recovery for the survivor of this event...