PDA

View Full Version : Please accept my apoligies.....

Bumblebee67
11-10-2012, 11:35 PM
I want to apoligize to anyone I may have offended with my post about " The Bacon Tree". At the time of posting I thought it was funny as :cus:. I was just gonna pass along a funny email. I was not making fun of ANYBODY. :dontknow:Therefore I have deleted my post and again say I'm sorry................. yvonne

Farmbanker
11-11-2012, 08:31 AM
No apology necessary. I thought it was funny and the best humor is when we laugh at ourselves. I've seen far worse on HBO....;)

Mexican
11-11-2012, 11:46 AM
Can not accept apology with out seen the post..
Can you plrase repost ????;)
Just kiddin!!!

Blue Star
11-11-2012, 11:53 AM
I want to apoligize to anyone I may have offended with my post about " The Bacon Tree". At the time of posting I thought it was funny as :cus:. I was just gonna pass along a funny email. I was not making fun of ANYBODY. :dontknow:Therefore I have deleted my post and again say I'm sorry................. yvonne

I did not see the post, but it takes a really big person to admit when they did wrong. Some day even I might have to say I am sorry :joke:

Dudley
11-11-2012, 12:59 PM
I didn't see the post either, but if anyone gets offended by a joke, they have no life. Get a grip and relax people. Seems like anything we say today is "offensive" to someone. So if I say anything on here that offends anyone, OH WELL. I am too old to care.

boborgera
11-11-2012, 02:12 PM
I didn't see the post either, but if anyone gets offended by a joke, they have no life. Get a grip and relax people. Seems like anything we say today is "offensive" to someone. So if I say anything on here that offends anyone, OH WELL. I am too old to care.

I'm old and i care , So I'm offended by that ; Too old to CARE statement. :roflblack:
:rolleyes:

Yfactor
11-11-2012, 02:15 PM
"Seems like anything we say today is "offensive" to someone. So if I say anything on here that offends anyone, OH WELL. I am too old to care."

:agree:

Jornie1
11-11-2012, 02:59 PM
Isn't it a very sad time that most everyone seemingly has to walk around on eggshells with the fear of offending someone... Political correctness and those that wear their feelings on their sleeves has changed the culture of the country... Please let me add, I don't mind a drop that this post may have offended some weak knee'd person... As for me, I am deeply offended by those that are so easily offended.... I didn't see the post but I can promise you that this old retired guy would not be offended, unless, you said something personal about my mother.... Len

ARtraveler
11-11-2012, 03:04 PM
Been there, done that, have the t-shirt.

As mentioned above--someone is bound to be offended by pretty much anything you say in the line of personal beliefs or opinions.

Today, everyone is worried about PC--"political correctness" and that comes out here from time to time.

IMO: that adds to what makes the site interesting.

wyliec
11-11-2012, 05:17 PM
Been there, done that, have the t-shirt.

As mentioned above--someone is bound to be offended by pretty much anything you say in the line of personal beliefs or opinions.

Today, everyone is worried about PC--"political correctness" and that comes out here from time to time.

IMO: that adds to what makes the site interesting.

Thanks. I've seen a number of posts on here with 'PC' and was never quite able to figure out what 'personal computer' had to do with those posts. Now it all makes sense.

Spy+
11-11-2012, 05:45 PM
It takes more courage & strength to apologize than to continue the fight...Bumblebee67:thumbup:

coz
11-11-2012, 06:18 PM
is on one of the early pages of this thread, different ethnic group. nobody complained.:chill:

Bob Denman
11-12-2012, 08:01 AM
That might have been one that I pitched in here...
It wasn't ethnic; it was a joke about the mis-understanding of another language, and how the results differed as a result.
NO worries! :thumbup:

Dudley
11-12-2012, 01:40 PM
I'm old and i care , So I'm offended by that ; Too old to CARE statement. :roflblack:
:rolleyes:

I don't think you understood my statement. I will not post anything racial, etc. But if I post anything that may offend anyone because I stated an obvious issue, my life will go on, and I hope their life will also. Life in general is way too short to pick apart everything someone says to see if it offends you (not you particularly). If it does, walk on and ignore it. You may be the the only one offended, so why should others miss a laugh or two.

Mexican
11-12-2012, 03:23 PM
There were a Mexican, an American and a japanese on a boat,,,,,,,,,

Dudley
11-12-2012, 03:33 PM

:ohyea::bowdown::clap::roflblack:

Moosemanj
11-12-2012, 03:57 PM
Isn't it a very sad time that most everyone seemingly has to walk around on eggshells with the fear of offending someone... Political correctness and those that wear their feelings on their sleeves has changed the culture of the country... Please let me add, I don't mind a drop that this post may have offended some weak knee'd person... As for me, I am deeply offended by those that are so easily offended.... I didn't see the post but I can promise you that this old retired guy would not be offended, unless, you said something personal about my mother.... Len

:agree::agree::agree:

Mexican
11-12-2012, 06:42 PM
:ohyea::bowdown::clap::roflblack:
This is the only Mexican joke where the American wins, I will stop there before i offend somebody:opps::p

wyliec
11-12-2012, 06:49 PM
This is the only Mexican joke where the American wins, I will stop there before i offend somebody:opps::p

Come on. Go for it. What's the rest?

boborgera
11-12-2012, 07:52 PM
I don't think you understood my statement. I will not post anything racial, etc. But if I post anything that may offend anyone because I stated an obvious issue, my life will go on, and I hope their life will also. Life in general is way too short to pick apart everything someone says to see if it offends you (not you particularly). If it does, walk on and ignore it. You may be the the only one offended, so why should others miss a laugh or two.

I did understand,
And i agree with your statement, That's why i added a :rolleyes:Sarcastic Smiley at the end of my post. Sorry if Sometimes my Brooklyn humor [aka sarcasm] Goes over some heads.;)

boborgera
11-12-2012, 08:06 PM

Japanese on a boat,; That reminds me that right after WW2 the New Japanese Navy,
Equipped all their Ships with glass bottoms,

So they could see the old Japanese Navy.

Mexican
11-12-2012, 08:19 PM
Come on. Go for it. What's the rest?
Ok if you insist;)
A Mexican, an American a Japanese and a Colombian are on a boat to an expo to show the best of their countries, all of a sudden the boat starts making water:yikes:!!!
The Mexican, the smartest of the group comes up with an idea:shocked:
Lets get rid of the extra weight and all the unnecessary junk that we are carrying that way we can gain more speed and get to shore before the boat sinks!!

The Colombian says great idea!! I will start!!
The Colombian grabs his bags full of cocaine and throws them overboard;
What are you doing???!!
Where i come from there is plenty of it!

The Japanese grabs all of his computers and throws them overboard saying;
Where i come from there are plenty of them.

The Mexican grabs his bags of beans and throws them overboard saying;
There are plenty where i come from.

The American,,, grabs the Mexican and throws him overboard:roflblack::clap:

Netminder
11-12-2012, 08:23 PM
I thought there was a Canadian too!:joke:

Mexican
11-12-2012, 08:43 PM
Japanese on a boat,; That reminds me that right after WW2 the New Japanese Navy,
Equipped all their Ships with glass bottoms,

So they could see the old Japanese Navy.

I thought there was a Canadian too!:joke:

There was when they were loading up but he was afraid of water so he stayed home:roflblack::roflblack:
OOOPS!!! you are not offended are you????:opps:

Bumblebee67
11-12-2012, 08:59 PM
It takes more courage & strength to apologize than to continue the fight...Bumblebee67:thumbup:

Well when I was told to look up the phrase " Que mierda" , which means "WTF" in case anybody wants to know, I figured I'd pull the post before Lamont got involved. I don't bow down that easily..................nojoke

Spy+
11-12-2012, 09:13 PM
Well when I was told to look up the phrase " Que mierda" , which means "WTF" in case anybody wants to know, I figured I'd pull the post before Lamont got involved. I don't bow down that easily..................nojoke

Que mierda means fecal matter in spanish..not close to a wtf...hope this helps

Bumblebee67
11-12-2012, 09:39 PM

Well, I typed Que mierda into my translator app on my ipod, and that is what it told me it meant :dontknow: Don't really matter, if it offended someone that much for them to say anythingat all, I had no problem deleating the post and saying sorry.......

Mexican
11-12-2012, 09:42 PM
It depends, for me wtf would be a closer translation, BTW i just saw the bacon tree and i thought it was funny as :cus::roflblack::2thumbs::firstplace:

boborgera
11-12-2012, 09:45 PM

Que = ''That'',
Mierda = ''S :cus: t

Bumblebee67
11-12-2012, 09:48 PM
let me say this again......

Well, I typed Que mierda into my translator app on my ipod, and that is what it told me it meant :dontknow: Don't really matter, if it offended someone that much for them to say anythingat all, I had no problem deleating the post and saying sorry.......

Bob Denman
11-13-2012, 07:52 AM
Well I thought that the boat joke was funnier than watching an IRS agent get hit by a car...
Did I say that?? :shocked:

:joke:

retread
11-13-2012, 08:15 AM
Is it possible that we now have an "offensive joke" thread?:joke:

john

Bob Denman
11-13-2012, 08:31 AM
I've been in some forums where they had a section like that.
You were told to check your thin skin at the door because pretty near anything and anybody was fair game.
They worked okay, but Lamont isn't running that kind of site here...

Besides;
If we had an area like that in here, I'd have about a thousand jokes to post... Nothing would get done in my office... EVER! :shocked:

Blue Star
11-13-2012, 11:37 PM
I've been in some forums where they had a section like that.
You were told to check your thin skin at the door because pretty near anything and anybody was fair game.
They worked okay, but Lamont isn't running that kind of site here...

Besides;
If we had an area like that in here, I'd have about a thousand jokes to post... Nothing would get done in my office... EVER! :shocked:

You mean you would post more? Sorry, could not resist that one :shocked:

Bob Denman
11-14-2012, 07:53 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_72.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_72.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_72.gif
Well, I could TRY... :shocked:

Mexican
11-14-2012, 11:00 AM

Que = ''That'',
Mierda = ''S :cus: t
Not quite right,
Que means what, ask me how i know;)

boborgera
11-14-2012, 11:42 AM
Not quite right,

Close enough for government work..:roflblack:

[Or Castilian]

shelbydave
11-14-2012, 12:35 PM
Not quite right,

How do you know? :D

(You told me to ask...) :dontknow:

Bob Denman
11-14-2012, 12:49 PM
Maybe we should put together an email list of those of us who want to learn how to swear properly on other languages... ;)

Mexican
11-14-2012, 05:10 PM
Maybe we should put together an email list of those of us who want to learn how to swear properly on other languages... ;)
I'm all about it!!
I want to use the English bad words properly :roflblack: