PDA

View Full Version : Need for Speed

blambert
11-10-2012, 09:03 PM
Folks,

I have a 2011 RS Spyder and like speed. I have installed the power commander and hindle exhaust. Anything else that I can add to give me more performance ( i.e. speed).

Thanks

Bob L

BLUEKNIGHT911
11-10-2012, 10:20 PM
A V-8........Or a Turbo.......Mike :2thumbs: :yes::yes::yes: :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

asp125
11-10-2012, 10:33 PM
NOS? Turbo? Actually if you already improved the exhaust, the easiest way is to improve the breathing at the intake end.

Since the 990 is basically the Aprilia Tuono 1000RSV motor (not the V4), you might look into what upgrades carry over from the superbike.

Ga Blue Knight
11-11-2012, 05:36 AM
Better make sure Nanny approves or you will have to deal with the old B&@%H.

Campverdefela
11-11-2012, 09:04 AM
I agree with the intake, I have the Kewlmetal K&N setup. If nothing else it really opens up the engine area. Also Ron's sparkplug wires, and plugs, can't go wrong their....

pathfinderjoe
11-13-2012, 01:00 AM
Ditto on the K N air filter. The suspension on the newer RS may be adequate but I had to spend $$ on my 08's suspension to get the most out the spyder. Went with the Elka shocks, over sized tires and Evolution sway bar. :thumbup:

Bob Denman
11-13-2012, 08:09 AM
Who hasn't travelled this perilous path before? :shocked:
Please keep in mind that the elusive quest for speed can get so far out of your control that you'll end up spending more time working on your bike than actually riding it.
And you'll never be the fastest forever; you'll just have a target pinned to your bike for others to aim at. Somebody will come along with more cubic dollars to spend; and you're forgotten in about two seconds. :gaah:
(Been there and played that losing game with snowmobiles...)

asp125
11-13-2012, 11:04 AM
Ditto on the K N air filter. The suspension on the newer RS may be adequate but I had to spend $$ on my 08's suspension to get the most out the spyder. Went with the Elka shocks, over sized tires and Evolution sway bar. :thumbup:

... and upgrade the brakes while you're at it, to haul you down from that new speed. Start with some performance brake pads, stainless braided brake lines, and high temp brake fluid.

Bob Denman
11-13-2012, 11:31 AM
:agree:
Change one thing...
Change three more! :shocked: