PDA

View Full Version : side scuff pads

jomamma1
02-19-2008, 09:23 PM
I tried to install the BRP scuff pads for my wife. The come with a rubber gasket that must be installed first. After about 2 hours, i gave up to have a drink. Has anyone else installed these. Any tips.
Joe

TrailerTrash
02-19-2008, 09:27 PM
My husband is doing mine today. The tech at the dealer gave him a heads up about the difficulty of keeping the rubber gasket in place, so he used some spray adhesive to hold them in place. I'll find out tonight how the install went. He put the adhesive on sitting in the den watching TV last night and didn't seem to have much trouble, just a little overspray which he was going to wipe off as soon as they set. I'll let you know his verdict.

spyder13
02-19-2008, 10:32 PM
I put mine on took about 1/2 hour.start at the sharp corner also the gasket has a slit in it that goes in that sharp corner.

ivanlee
02-19-2008, 10:43 PM
I put mine on took about 1/2 hour.start at the sharp corner also the gasket has a slit in it that goes in that sharp corner.
i used rubber bands to hold them in place, worked ok. :bigthumbsup:

ld271
02-19-2008, 11:55 PM
start were the corner is split and slowly work your way around it the rubber gasket only installs on one way the gasket folds splits goses together at the corner rear of the scuff pad the key is take your time and make sure the rubber gasket lip goses under the plastic it may take you a couple of trys :joke:

wildwillie
02-20-2008, 05:16 AM
How about som pics.wildwillie :spyder:

TrailerTrash
02-20-2008, 03:35 PM
Michael had no problems after glueing the gasket on and letting it sit overnight. He confirmed that it went well and the glue process made all the difference.

kma10-4
02-20-2008, 05:19 PM
went on pretty easy started at sharp corner with slot cut in rubber.used rubber bands to hold till installed.been on a month rubber still in place . :doorag:took about 30,40 min's

handlebar riser where a bitch to get all lined covers to fit back flush .should have marked bars before removing but finally got it