PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Sena SM10

lookerjdc
11-10-2012, 08:09 AM
so has anyone seen a schematic or any info on how the Sena SM10 is connected into the 2013 models for Bluetooth compatibility for the sound system?

I have been trying to find info but have seen anything yet

NorthStar
11-10-2012, 08:37 AM
so has anyone seen a schematic or any info on how the Sena SM10 is connected into the 2013 models for Bluetooth compatibility for the sound system?

The Sena SM10 Bluetooth headsets can only connect to a bluetooth enabled device. (GPS, cell, music devices). The Spyder sound system is not Bluetooth enabled.

billybovine
11-10-2012, 08:49 AM
The Sena website shows SM10 cables for Harley Davidson and Honda Goldwing. There is nothing listed for the 2013 Spyders yet.

billybovine
11-10-2012, 08:54 AM
The Sena SM10 Bluetooth headsets can only connect to a bluetooth enabled device. (GPS, cell, music devices). The Spyder sound system is not Bluetooth enabled.

The SM10 is a bluetooth transmitter not a headset. You may have got them mixed up, SMH10 is the headset.

shelbydave
11-10-2012, 08:55 AM
The SM 10 is more like a bluetooth hub so to speak. http://www.senabluetooth.com/products/sm10.php?tab_menu=overview#
I'm planning to change to this setup when I replace my chatterbox.
As for hooking it in, I suspect that the entertainment cable is used. I went the cheapo route, and used an impedance matcher tapped in to the rear speakers.

leenanj
11-10-2012, 09:49 AM

I was looking for that same info on how BRP is connecting the SM10 to the Spyder's radio.

A line out converter on the speakers is the only way right now and according to the wiring
diagram no audio out on the rear jack on the 2012's.

So they may have added the extra wiring to the jack on the 2013's that provides audio out.

billybovine
11-10-2012, 10:28 AM
The picture of SM10 in the 2013 accessory catalog shows it mounted between the 2 fuse boxes in the front trunk. I wonder if that is only for the ST's.

eddieshep999
11-10-2012, 10:47 AM
I have a 2010 Spyder RT-S SE5 - Which came with the on-board Radio system
I have bluetoothed the system via an Autocom Switch connected into the speaker leads and a Bluetooth transmitter to my Sena SM10 Headset

The latest 2013 BRP Catalogue states the following ref Bluetooth

This will enable you to wirelessly:

- Use your Bluetooth cellphone, MP3 Player and GP S
- Communicate with other SEN A users
- Connect with the Bluetooth Dongle for Audio System (219400458) and the AM/FM Integrated
Audio System (219400349 for ST, 219400464 for RT), listen to the radio.

BRP Must have a lead that can do this ??
If BRP do have a lead with this fit on pre-2013 models to make them Bluetooth as well ?

The onboard radio system was manufactured by N Touch see http://www.radiosound.com/products.php

It states on their website - 2009 Debuted Bombardier/Can-Am audio system

I would find in disappointing if they are still fitting the same unit from 2009 into the 2013 Models when other Radio manufactures
have USB, and Bluetooth + other functions enabled on their units for several years now
BRP Should at least upgrade the Audio system with many of the latest features now available

Its only because of the built in Handlebar controls that I have kept the on-board Radio system - Should I later decide to upgrade my 2010 model - I may consider getting a base model so I could fit my own choice of Radio system e.g. Sony who have a remote controller for Volume, Find and Seek channels etc

Eddie Sheppard
Reading UK

NorthStar
11-10-2012, 05:13 PM
The SM10 is a bluetooth transmitter not a headset. You may have got them mixed up, SMH10 is the headset.

You are absolutely correct. Thanks for catching that.

lookerjdc
11-10-2012, 05:18 PM
thanks for all the feedback

I guess we all just keep searching and checking to see when they release some more info on how they are interfacing it

I was thinking about going the Autocomm route until I saw that BRP was using the SM10 and figured 'damn, that would be a lot easier......' :banghead:

lets see what we can find

lyonsden
01-04-2013, 10:33 AM
Has anybody found anymore info on how the BRP bluetooth dongle #219400458 connects with the factory radio and if it will work with earlier RTs? Does it come with a wiring harness or something?

lyonsden
01-15-2013, 01:28 PM
Found out more info. See link below for updated information.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?47593-Adding-BRP-Bluetooth-Dongle-Questions-Answered

Marker
01-15-2013, 02:45 PM
This was posted a few days ago http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?47593-Adding-BRP-Bluetooth

Answers all of my questions that I had .

Blondie
01-16-2013, 09:59 PM
[QUOTE=lookerjdc;539813]so has anyone seen a schematic or any info on how the Sena SM10 is connected into the 2013 models for Bluetooth compatibility for the sound system?

I have been trying to find info but have seen anything yet[/QUOTE

Do you have a Zumo nav system on you spyder? My bluetooth phone comes in through my Zumo, can answer and such on the Zumo. Both feed into Sena SMH 10 headset. Not savy enough to tell you how it works---don't have a clue, but it does.

lookerjdc
01-26-2013, 06:08 PM
yes.... have been away from this forum for a while but found that thread and it looks like it works!!!!!:clap::clap::clap: