PDA

View Full Version : Shark speaker system

Spyder-Bob
11-10-2012, 12:53 AM
Installing a shark speaker system on my 2008 GS. Can any one tell me where I can pick up power, I will be installing the power supply in the fronk..

My understanding is that some electric circuits on the Spyder are a no no because they may Interfere with the nanny computer.

The inline fuse on the supplied harness is a 10A
Believe it or not no instructions were included in the box ??? Go figure !!

Thank in advance for any feed back.

NancysToy
11-10-2012, 08:08 AM
I'd suggest you install an auxiliary power block, running the feed back to the battery. There are no circyuits you can steal on the Spyder RS that have sufficient amperage to feed an audio system. Eastern Beaver, TricLED (site sponsor), and others have suitable fuse blocks.

napper39
11-10-2012, 04:47 PM
i hooked mine to the fuse that said driving lights worked good since 2010.when i boughtit,still good.and yes i switch it back and forth from spyder to scooter,just heldon buy velcro.works fine.:2thumbs: both are shark one shows on the scooter and the other on my fat bob hog,but when i put the one off the scoot to the spyder .:chat:

Spyder-Bob
11-11-2012, 10:59 AM
@ Napper39 would you have the instructions for the remote control I bought a new unit on line but no instruction were in the box, the install is stright forward but the remote is more difficult?

Also thanks for the hookup info I will look at that, I did buy a relay and inline fuse I was going to run from the battery but your idea would be less invasive to the SPYDER..:ani29:

napper39
11-11-2012, 01:45 PM
spyder bob sent you a pm.:shocked: