PDA

View Full Version : looking for a diferent seat

rayzer13
11-09-2012, 11:21 AM
I have a 08 gs and want to know if anyone has found or put on a touring seat ? My wife would like to be more comfortable in a nice chussy chair;)

Erags
11-09-2012, 11:26 AM
We put on the Ultimate Seat and we just loved it, I would buy it again. We got both backrest, and it also comes with the Frog Togg cover for the days it rains. Ultimate Seats is a sponsor of Spyderloves also

mooneych
11-09-2012, 12:06 PM
Try mine!

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/mcy/3397755114.html

...oops! Can I do this?

ARtraveler
11-09-2012, 12:13 PM
:welcome:

I am a fan of the Corbin seat. I had one on my 2008 and rode a little over 23,000 miles on it before trading it off.

I also purchased a Corbin seat for my 2010 RTS and have almost 30,000 miles on that one.

The other two :spyder2:,s have been upgraded to the BRP Comfort seat.

Cost is going to scare you a bit though. The BRP Comfort is an upgrade to the stock BRP seat--which I consider to be to soft and mushy. The Comfort seat is an improvement to that. About $500.

The Corbin seat with a backrest for the driver is about $900. The Corbin is a love/hate thing--you either like it or you dont. It seems very firm--but I have done 500 mile days with it. There is a break in period of about 500-1000 miles where the Corbin will shape itself to you.

It might be good to try to attend an event where there are other :ani29:,s so that you can "test sit" some other saddles. The cost involved is so much that you want to get it right the first time.

Others will chime in with some other alternatives I am sure. Good luck with your seat purchase and let us know what you decide.

krzychick
11-09-2012, 12:33 PM
I have a 08 gs and want to know if anyone has found or put on a touring seat ? My wife would like to be more comfortable in a nice chussy chair;)

I currently have an Ultimate Seat on my Harley, OOOOPs yep I said it, I am getting my Spyder this spring YIPPIE ! so anyway, YES to the Ultimate seats I WILL BE putting one on my spyder when I get it FOR SURE ! ! ! ;)

bone crusher
11-12-2012, 12:17 PM
I have a comfort seat on my GS and after a couple of years, I've decided that I don't like the forward tilt to it...my manhood gets crushed under myself with longer rides...anyone have a relatively price comfortable product that is more straight up and down?

Is the new ST seat better and is it compatible?

pathfinderjoe
11-12-2012, 08:32 PM
Have a 08 GS M5. One of the first things I did was install Corbin seats. In the beginning I was always sliding forward. This was a result of my riding style which is straight up. I called the factory and they reshaped them at no cost. Love them now with 28K +. So-- make sure you discuss you riding style when you place your order if you decide to go with Corbin.

bone crusher
11-14-2012, 04:23 PM
Have a 08 GS M5. One of the first things I did was install Corbin seats. In the beginning I was always sliding forward. This was a result of my riding style which is straight up. I called the factory and they reshaped them at no cost. Love them now with 28K +. So-- make sure you discuss you riding style when you place your order if you decide to go with Corbin.

Corbins cost to much for my budget...plus, they do have questionable customer service, at times. I know they make a great product, but they're like 800-1000.00...anyone know of anything cheaper that gets the job done well?

coz
11-14-2012, 04:58 PM
hey bone crusher, maybe you could have your comfort seat re-shaped a little bit at an upholstery shop.
i just put one on today and they do have a little too much forward pitch for my liking. it could be dished out more and the cover put back on. it's much better vinyl than the cheesy stock seat vinyl. this could save your giblets for roughly a hundred bucks.:thumbup:

retread
11-14-2012, 05:53 PM
I have a Russell Day-Long with rider's backrest. Not cheap, but thousand mile a day comfortable. Usually this time of year they have a discount program that gives around 20% off if there are enough orders. Check their website.

john

Big Bird
11-14-2012, 06:19 PM
I have a set with back rest for $500... off my 08 gs sm5...You can see them on my photo

bone crusher
11-15-2012, 10:00 AM
hey bone crusher, maybe you could have your comfort seat re-shaped a little bit at an upholstery shop.
i just put one on today and they do have a little too much forward pitch for my liking. it could be dished out more and the cover put back on. it's much better vinyl than the cheesy stock seat vinyl. this could save your giblets for roughly a hundred bucks.:thumbup:

I do fundamentally like the look of the seat...that's a really good idea...I'll call a place or two and see if it is possible...thank you...

Yol Bolsun
11-22-2012, 12:33 AM
We put on the Ultimate Seat and we just loved it, I would buy it again. We got both backrest, and it also comes with the Frog Togg cover for the days it rains. Ultimate Seats is a sponsor of Spyderloves also

Ditto here. Ultimates on both GS and RT. The more they are ridden, the nicer they are.

Motorcycledave
12-06-2012, 02:11 PM
Hi, Dave here
I can cure your trouble.... My wife and I like a cumphy seat while riding I can install
Comfort max Gel with memory foam into your stock seat, she will love you for it.
Give me a call 7 days a week 8:00AM to 8:00PM Pacific time at (209) 887-3283
Dave :2thumbs:
__________________________________________________ _____________________