PDA

View Full Version : Arizona Dealers

arizona4man
02-18-2008, 11:33 PM
A heads up for anyone in Arizona. Was told my spyder was in and when I went to pick it up was hit with a $2000 PMA (product market adjustment). Dealer swore that they disclosed this fee way back in the summer of 2007 when we were demo-ing them at West World. So far they aren't budging. They will give me my $1000 back and just go to the next fool on the list. Since RideNow Powersports owns all the dealerships in AZ, one will have to go out of state to get one or just bend over and take it.

srarndt
02-19-2008, 07:41 AM
...that's the very reason I bought mine in Colton, CA and rode it home to Bisbee. Fortunately I learned about it up front so I didn't have the delivery date disappointment that you did; I'm feeling your pain, man!

I called all of the southern CA dealers and talked price and delivery dates. It is a shame to have to do all of that, but it was a nice, "get acquainted" ride home.

I did encounter, either here or on another blog, another owner who claims to have bought it here in AZ and says they didn't pay the premium...who knows - maybe they're a better negotiator than I am or maybe they found one of the chain stores actually had a heart.

Good luck to you!

What part of AZ are you from?

ld271
02-19-2008, 09:33 AM
when i ordered my spyder it asked the dealer if there would any markup {ridenow} in florida thay said no but that all changed when the spyders hit the sales floor. Thay said it was there company rules to charge market adjustmant to charge 2000.00 over retail without telling the buyer untill the bike is there so your stuck paying 2000.00 extra like it or not and telling you that thay will not refund you 1000.00 its is for promostuff like jackets etc... if you change your mind.Some dealer are not charging this extra fee this sound like a scam thay figure you waited this long for the bike you'll pay it if you want it that bad this should have been talked about for the start :edit: :(

LittleJohn
02-19-2008, 09:58 AM
It sounds like a few dealers are trying to maximize their profits in some unscrupulous ways.
I will take this to heart, and before putting any non-refundable money down, get a deal in writing!!!!
Sorry you guys are gettin the shaft, but I will learn from others misfortune.

arizona4man
02-19-2008, 02:54 PM
...that's the very reason I bought mine in Colton, CA and rode it home to Bisbee. Fortunately I learned about it up front so I didn't have the delivery date disappointment that you did; I'm feeling your pain, man!

I called all of the southern CA dealers and talked price and delivery dates. It is a shame to have to do all of that, but it was a nice, "get acquainted" ride home.

I did encounter, either here or on another blog, another owner who claims to have bought it here in AZ and says they didn't pay the premium...who knows - maybe they're a better negotiator than I am or maybe they found one of the chain stores actually had a heart.

Good luck to you!

What part of AZ are you from?

I live in Phoenix. When did you learn about the mark-up? They swear that it was all disclosed at the demo ride at West World. Ride Now has a policy of 10% of MSRP price for the mark-up

barb36jack31
02-19-2008, 05:30 PM
Wow! I sure empathize with you folks having to deal with such unethical Spyder dealers. My dealer here in Sanford , FL (Seminole Power Sports), was straight as a string throughout the whole process. $14995 plus set-up, freight, tax, tag and title work. He did add on a dealer admin. charge of $299, but then that is added on to all bike sales, not just Spyders. I was out the door for just over 17K. I keep getting calls from them asking how I am liking my Spyder, was I satisfied with the first service, was there anything they could do to make my ownershp more pleasant etc.

This is a huge dealership, but it is locally owned and as been in operation for many years. I have been buying bikes from them since 1976 and have always been very happy with the deal.

Good luck!

Jack H. #600

ld271
02-19-2008, 10:16 PM
if thay told us about 2grand mark up why would alot of people be upset about it. By the way dose anybody remember when thay signed up for the spyders to buy someone said something about name plaques for the first 2500 spyders and jackets and other things thay could not tell us at its time but was to be mention after the first delivery of the first spyders i asked brp about this thay said we dident say that..... Dose anybody remamber this???????????

dryheat
02-20-2008, 01:16 PM
I'm in Tucson, but when the local dealer disclosed the "premium" when I went to order last May, I chose to walk. I ended up buying from Bert's in Covina, Calif. but made sure I had a complete price including S&H before making the deposit. I picked it up last week and trailered it home. The $2500 I saved paid for a new trailer and the trip! Shop around and stick to your principles. I'm not against dealers making a reasonable profit, but fair is fair!

srarndt
02-21-2008, 11:29 AM
I live in Phoenix. When did you learn about the mark-up? They swear that it was all disclosed at the demo ride at West World. Ride Now has a policy of 10% of MSRP price for the mark-up

I went for a demo ride at the dealer in Tucson. After riding it I told them that I wanted an OTD price before I would put a deposit down. That is when I learned about the mark-up.

arizona4man
02-22-2008, 05:47 PM
Update: Tried to fight the good fight but RideNow Powersports mega-conglomerate won't budge. There is now another silver spyder available in Phoenix if you feel like getting screwed with the 2K mark-up. For me-it's out of state to try to purchase. Sometimes principle just has to win over desire.

arizona4man
02-22-2008, 06:29 PM
if thay told us about 2grand mark up why would alot of people be upset about it. By the way dose anybody remember when thay signed up for the spyders to buy someone said something about name plaques for the first 2500 spyders and jackets and other things thay could not tell us at its time but was to be mention after the first delivery of the first spyders i asked brp about this thay said we dident say that..... Dose anybody remamber this???????????

You would get a number plaque for your spyder not a name plaque and jacket. But as I remember the jacket they showed at the demo ride was not the jacket they sent everybody.

ld271
02-23-2008, 12:04 AM
i never saw a jacket thay just said a jacket. Do you know what jacket thay showed you at your demo ride ? and were did you do your demo ride to see it :doorag:

arizona4man
02-23-2008, 12:11 PM
i never saw a jacket thay just said a jacket. Do you know what jacket thay showed you at your demo ride ? and were did you do your demo ride to see it :doorag:

I took my demo ride at West World, Scottsdale, AZ in May, 07. I remember the jacket being a black jacket that was on a mannequin which also had pants. Part of the spiel was that if you put your deposit down that day, you would also be getting a jacket valued at approx $500. Since that was not part of my buying decision, I didn't pay that much attention to it. The jacket they eventually gave us was NOT the one shown at the demo ride. The jacket I say looks very much like the jacket on page 4 of the accessories book (the black one in the inset photo) The Can-Am leather jacket. Funny, it also has a price that is close to what they said our jackets were worth. The jacket they gave us is not worth $500. Fat chance anything will be done about it now. Ah, the price for experience. Never ever, ever ever believe anything until it is in writing--especially from RideNow Powersports Group.

arizona4man
02-23-2008, 12:25 PM
Cost of a silver spyder in Arizona

Base Price = 14499.00
Mark-up = 2000 (was told in would be going up to 3500
Freight = 897.63
Dealer Set Up = 425.25
Sales Tax (8.3%) = 1437.72
License = 258.33
Dealer Docs, Title = 299.95
Total = 19817.88
After repeated negotiations that would knock 500 off the mark-up and 500 of the extended warranty cost of 2498 which is not included in the above price.

Lamonster
02-23-2008, 12:48 PM
Hope he has lots of room for those Spyders he's not going to be selling. ;D

arizona4man
02-23-2008, 03:04 PM
Hope he has lots of room for those Spyders he's not going to be selling. ;D

I hope he takes a loss on them for being greedy. Problem is those guys own over 138 dealerships across AZ, NM TX, Fl and some other states so I doubt if it will faze them a bit

arizona4man
02-23-2008, 03:08 PM
Sad day. Got my $1000 deposit back and had to walk right past my spyder which had a big banner on it "For immediate delivery". Got to keep the jacket so if I pick up another one I'll still be in the 1st owner group.

Lamonster
02-23-2008, 03:10 PM
Sad day. Got my $1000 deposit back and had to walk right past my spyder which had a big banner on it "For immediate delivery". Got to keep the jacket so if I pick up another one I'll still be in the 1st owner group.

Why don't you by one of the used ones on the board and ride it back. :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

spyryder
02-23-2008, 03:25 PM
Cost of a silver spyder in Arizona

Base Price = 14499.00
Mark-up = 2000 (was told in would be going up to 3500
Freight = 897.63
Dealer Set Up = 425.25
Sales Tax (8.3%) = 1437.72
License = 258.33
Dealer Docs, Title = 299.95
Total = 19817.88
After repeated negotiations that would knock 500 off the mark-up and 500 of the extended warranty cost of 2498 which is not included in the above price.

That's still less than what I'm paying in Canada! :redfaced: