PDA

View Full Version : Had a great day today...my first solo PGR mission...TWO of them!

DocRags
11-08-2012, 10:29 PM
Today was a great day for a Spyder ride :yes:...we had two PGR missions. (Well, actually there were three, but I drew the line on the trip to a school Veteran's Day commemoration that required me to leave the house by 6:10 a.m.). Ed drove his truck to the doctor's while I rode the RT. He followed for awhile to make sure the flags he attached were going to stand up to interstate driving (They did!). After his blood counts were too low he was grounded by the oncologist. He headed home while I headed off to meet up with the PGR riders. It was their first time seeing our newest Spyder...lots of positive comments. :thumbup: (Especially about Ed's mods). When the missions were over I stopped at the commissary for some groceries and headed home. I had about 15 minutes to eat and change clothes before heading off for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society Night Walk. Back into Pensacola I went. What a busy, rewarding day! I've got another PGR mission in the morning. As we approach Veteran's Day, I'd like to thank all the veterans out there for their service...God Bless Our Troops.

twain
11-08-2012, 11:06 PM
Way to go Docrags. Tell Erags hello for us from Houston. Hope he gets to ride again soon.

DocRags
11-09-2012, 07:05 PM
Ed says "hello" back to the Houston gang. If he wasn't so lightheaded right now I'd put him in the :cus: seat and take him in for his lab work via my Spyder. We'll be taking the MINI till his red count improves. He's getting pretty bored being confined to the house, with his white count too low for company. :pray: that his numbers come up as rapidly as they've dropped so we can ride together...of course, we're STILL waiting for BRP to get the parts to our dealer to fix his Spyder.

ThreeFeet
11-09-2012, 07:17 PM
Ed says "hello" back to the Houston gang. If he wasn't so lightheaded right now I'd put him in the :cus: seat and take him in for his lab work via my Spyder. We'll be taking the MINI till his red count improves. He's getting pretty bored being confined to the house, with his white count too low for company. :pray: that his numbers come up as rapidly as they've dropped so we can ride together...of course, we're STILL waiting for BRP to get the parts to our dealer to fix his Spyder.Hope the parts aren't comeing fromCanada as their BRP factory where sea-doos and ski-doos AND spyders Blew up!!!!Couple guys badly burned. Just read about it here just a few notes back and before yours. Prayers for Ed to get better, and to you for supporting him and keeping an even keel while he rants about not being able to GO and ryde!!!:joke:( or not depending on how laid back he is)
:pray::pray: to you both.

NancysToy
11-09-2012, 07:39 PM
Hope the parts aren't comeing fromCanada as their BRP factory where sea-doos and ski-doos AND spyders Blew up!!!!Couple guys badly burned. Just read about it here just a few notes back and before yours. Prayers for Ed to get better, and to you for supporting him and keeping an even keel while he rants about not being able to GO and ryde!!!:joke:( or not depending on how laid back he is)
:pray::pray: to you both.

:lecturef_smilie: There is a lot of difference between an explosion in the research lab and "The BRP factory blew up!!!!!" Let's not make things worse that they are.

Havasu Rider
11-09-2012, 08:11 PM
So does this mean we will be waiting much longer for parts than we are already? What is the difference between the "factory blew up" and an "Explosion"?:dontknow:

rhansen309
11-09-2012, 08:56 PM
Ed says "hello" back to the Houston gang. If he wasn't so lightheaded right now I'd put him in the :cus: seat and take him in for his lab work via my Spyder. We'll be taking the MINI till his red count improves. He's getting pretty bored being confined to the house, with his white count too low for company. :pray: that his numbers come up as rapidly as they've dropped so we can ride together...of course, we're STILL waiting for BRP to get the parts to our dealer to fix his Spyder.

I hope gets better soon so he can get back to riding. I don't think there is much of a difference between a MINI and a Spyder!!! A little more metal and heat but that may be about it!!!

DocRags
11-09-2012, 09:33 PM
I don't think there is much of a difference between a MINI and a Spyder!!! A little more metal and heat but that may be about it!!!
At least if we took the MINI I wouldn't have to worry about him falling OFF!:roflblack:

Erags
11-10-2012, 11:47 AM
DocRags, did a very good job driving me to the hospital today, and now I'm sitting in a room waiting on 2 units of blood and a bag of platelets. if everything goes good I should get home around 2100 tonight. Just hope Docrags doesn't want to go and home and forget me, so she can ride more today temp is suppost to be 75 and adn the Sun is going to be out all day, or at less until sunset. Just want blood counts to come up high enough so I can start round 5 the tuesday before Thanksgiving.

DocRags
11-10-2012, 03:20 PM
Just hope Docrags doesn't want to go home and forget me, so she can ride more today. THIS explains why he wanted the car keys back! :ohyea:

DocRags
11-11-2012, 08:18 AM
We had to spend the night at the hospital for Ed to get a third unit of blood. Unfortunately his counts are still not where the doctor wants them to be. :gaah: Another lab test (drawn from his arm instead of his port) has been ordered. If it yields similar results to the earlier test we'll be staying for another unit of red cells and platelets. Then we can go home. The good news is Ed feels and looks better. :yes:

It looks like another great day for riding so I'll go riding (destination: unknown) while he watches football. :ohyea: The NFL just doesn't appeal to me like the college games do. After a full day of football on TV yesterday I am ready to get outside!