PDA

View Full Version : Toy Run...

Yazz
11-07-2012, 10:47 AM
This is our favorite toy run of the year. Lets show some Spyder support for a good cause. :ani29:

http://www.nwsjhr.com/images/images/Toy%20Run%20Flyer%20%2020121x1.jpg

twain
11-07-2012, 10:52 AM
I am off that weekend so you can count me in Yazz.

Yazz
11-07-2012, 10:56 AM
Twain, looking forward to seeing you again!

FmfTxs
11-07-2012, 11:18 AM
Twain, looking forward to seeing you again! Yazz, You can count Bonnie and I in Rain or Shine:sour:

Rick & Bonnie

Yazz
11-07-2012, 11:54 AM
Hey Rick and Bonnie, glad Ya'll can make it!

This is a Toy Run that will put you in the Holiday mood for sure.

Rain or shine, Santa rides...

conroe spyders
11-07-2012, 07:40 PM
COUNT US IN!

twain
11-07-2012, 09:22 PM
Registered and paid Yazz. :spyder2::yes:

glynnk
11-07-2012, 10:30 PM
Yazz---Plan on being there..

Glynn

flamingobabe
11-08-2012, 10:55 AM
I usually don't like organized rides...but we are thinking we might join y'all, good cause...my Uncle Jerry use to be the President of San Jacinto Highrollers...when he died some 25 - 30 years ago there were hundreds of motorcycles and riders at his funeral...at that time I had not been exposed to motorcycles..so we thought this to be kinda scary...now we are one of those scary people....good cause...we also have a Toy Drive in December thru our Lions club..it is a good cause

Yazz
11-08-2012, 11:13 AM
COUNT US IN!

Yazz---Plan on being there..

Glynn

So happy Ya'll are coming! Have been on many Toy Runs, but this one is special. Looking forward to sharing the experience with my friends. :2excited:

Registered and paid Yazz. :spyder2::yes:

It's all coming together now. You're in for a very rewarding adventure! :thumbup:

Yazz
11-08-2012, 11:50 AM
I usually don't like organized rides...but we are thinking we might join y'all, good cause...my Uncle Jerry use to be the President of San Jacinto Highrollers...when he died some 25 - 30 years ago there were hundreds of motorcycles and riders at his funeral...at that time I had not been exposed to motorcycles..so we thought this to be kinda scary...now we are one of those scary people....good cause...we also have a Toy Drive in December thru our Lions club..it is a good cause

Hubby doesn't like organized rides either. This is the only one he'll do. For us, it sets the tone for the Holiday Season.

It's a head rush to ride down 290 with nothing but a long line of bikes on the road, people waving to you from the overpasses. The end of the ride is when wonderful things start...

Know what you mean about scary people. First time I changed my oil on the Springer, decided to celebrate the occasion by riding down to a local biker watering hole and get a Coke. About two hundred feet from the parking lot, my shifter peg fell off. Dropped the Springer off in the parking lot, went back and found the peg. (This was before I kept tools on the bike.) At the bar, walked up to a few clean cut, non scary guys and asked if they had tools to fix my peg. All they had was a Leatherman. Arggg! Finally worked up the courage to walk up to the grungiest, scariest biker around and ask if he had the tools to put the peg back on. He not only had the tools, but he put the peg back on for me. Nicest guy you ever could meet. Yeah, now we are the scary people!

How can we get toys down to Ya'll for the Toy Drive?

Blondespyder
11-08-2012, 12:01 PM
We do a few toy runs up here in Amarillo every year. Hot,cold, rain or shine. Always do the marines toys for tots and the next toy run is next weekend. It's a great thing for our community and it teaches my kiddo how to give to others.. We are even going to be out delivering the toys this year so he can see how fortunate he is. He's very excited about it and it just makes me so proud of him!
I wish people would see the GOOD side of bikers and what a good group can do for their community. Instead of the stereotype of the few bad MC groups.
I wish I could go with y'all but Houston is kinda on the other end of the state for me. Lol
Have a great ride everyone!

conroe spyders
11-27-2012, 01:40 PM
Looking forward to Sunday....great cause with alot of :spyder2: supporters!!!

Yazz
11-27-2012, 09:02 PM
Me and Hubby will get to Honda of Houston around 10:00 Sunday. We'll be wandering around searching for y'all.

Looking forward to the Ride For The Kids with Spyders in force. :yes:

It's an experience you won't forget...

flamingobabe
11-28-2012, 01:15 PM
Sorry to say...but I don't think we will make it...Mark's mom fell and broke her pelvic in 2 places...she is 84....in hospital and moving to a rehab floor at hospital...Southeast Memorial......y'all have fun

Yazz
11-28-2012, 01:27 PM
Sorry to say...but I don't think we will make it...Mark's mom fell and broke her pelvic in 2 places...she is 84....in hospital and moving to a rehab floor at hospital...Southeast Memorial......y'all have fun

So sorry for what has happened to Mark's Mom. Sending healing prayers her way...

conroe spyders
11-28-2012, 07:59 PM
FB will miss you guys, hope Mark's mom will be better soon:pray:

twain
11-28-2012, 09:14 PM
Sorry to hear that FB. Bad time of year to be laid up at her age. Tell Mark to have them watch out for pneumonia in the hospital.

glynnk
11-30-2012, 03:29 PM
Sorry to say due to the crude won't be making the ride...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Yazz
11-30-2012, 06:31 PM
Hope you get better soon. We'll miss you at the run...

conroe spyders
12-01-2012, 07:13 AM
Anybody plan to wear our new Texas spyder shirts?
We gonna:2thumbs:

Yazz
12-01-2012, 09:34 AM
Don't have one yet... :opps:

Going to wear a Spyderfest shirt.

conroe spyders
12-03-2012, 10:45 AM
Hey Yazz-
Really enjoyed the toy run benefit! What a beautiful day & great turnout:2thumbs:

We lost ya at the afterparty:doorag: Us & Twain were starving so we headed next door & ate at Denny's...LOL

Thanks again for the heads up about it, will look forward to doing again next year!

Yazz
12-03-2012, 10:59 AM
Thank you all for coming out for a good cause. :clap:

It was great getting to share my favorite toy run with y'all!

A beautiful day, lots of bikes, 290 blocked off just for us, the kids, Santa, a tear shed here and there...

Hope everyone had a good time.

For some reason, can't get my pictures loaded. Will keep working on it...