PDA

View Full Version : Insurance Company Recommendations?

Stack
02-17-2008, 08:39 PM
I am tryng to find a good company to insure a new Spyder. Can anyone recommend a good company with low rate? What is everyone paying for insurance and at what deductible? Thanks for your help and recommendations.

csmead
02-17-2008, 08:51 PM
What region/state are you in. I just completed (because is was a job to me) 48 hrs of arguing with 7+ insurance companies.

Stack
02-17-2008, 09:54 PM
I am in Ann Arbor, Michigan

csmead
02-18-2008, 12:53 AM
I am in CA, so I doubt that my insurance guy could help you...but here is somethings I learned:
the computers are set up to input brand names and the Can Am Spyder has not been added to most software listings. Also, 3 wheeled vehicles got a bad name 20 yrs ago when people were building them in their back yards. ....so Progressive, Allstate, AAA are saying NO in most states. State Farm and Foremost are your best choice. However, work with several brokers to get the best deal!!!!
We called up Foremost (my husband's Harley is insured through them) and they told us $3,000 per yr for the Spyder. We found a broker that deals strickly with bikes, snowmobiles, jet skiis, dirt bikes, etc. and he was able to insure Bob's 2006 HD and my Spyder for less than $900 per year...through Foremost.
At least for the first 6 months, until other companies can catch up...look up the Biker insurance website, try Fischer or anyone....but get that bike on the road! :congrats:
Best of luck!!

srarndt
02-18-2008, 06:34 PM
I am a serious insurance shopper. I hate paying more than I need to for coverage I hope to never use. There are a multitude of factors - some common, some personal - that will impact your rates.

Seriously you should try Fischer. I do not know what they will quote for you, but for me, with excellent coverage they beat ALL of the companies listed above and more.

http://www.bikersins.com/

Good luck!

TrailerTrash
02-20-2008, 03:33 PM
Progressive gave me a quote for the Spyder without any trouble, we have 3 other bikes with them. I also got online with Geico and they had the Spyder in their drop down model selection - more expensive, but I get a multi-bike discount with Progressive.

When I picked up the Spyder on Friday, they gave me a very competitive quote from Foremost. I'm going to check with them for all the bikes before deciding.

Sopher
05-05-2008, 04:09 PM
I'm a newbie rider in Massachusetts.
One current home/auto agent quoted me $1371 with $500ded.
Another quote I got from a different agent gave me $671 with $1000ded.

Is this normal? I see others with $300-500 rates.

bjeffrey
05-05-2008, 06:27 PM
I am tryng to find a good company to insure a new Spyder. Can anyone recommend a good company with low rate? What is everyone paying for insurance and at what deductible? Thanks for your help and recommendations.

I am in Michigan also west of Detroit. The best quote for me was from Fischer (out of Arizona) $450 until he found out I had 2 teenagers then it tripled. Foremost was just over $800 for a year and that is who we went with.

dltang
05-05-2008, 07:41 PM
I am in Ann Arbor, Michigan

We are near Flint MI and Fischer got us the best rate. Here is the number 1-877-537-2555

Rando
05-05-2008, 07:45 PM
We are near Flint MI and Fischer got us the best rate. Here is the number 1-877-537-2555
I am near Detroit. Go Fischer!

TJ_Spyder
05-05-2008, 10:54 PM
I went with Fischer at first but found Allstate saved me about $80/yr and dropped my deductible from $1K to $200.

Sopher
05-08-2008, 08:21 PM
While trying to get a quote from another agent (Also a customer of mine... I do computer consulting) she said to weary of trailering the new Spyder home without insurance.

What do you think?

bjt
05-08-2008, 08:34 PM
While trying to get a quote from another agent (Also a customer of mine... I do computer consulting) she said to weary of trailering the new Spyder home without insurance.

What do you think?

Why would that be? Wouldn't your auto coverage cover the Spyder for damage or theft if it was being trailored?

Dyno824
05-08-2008, 09:11 PM
Sure Glad i dont live where most of you live.I have 2 bikes insured so i get a multi discount,one being the spyder. Im not braggin ,but thankful maybe cause i live where i live.Im paying 243.00 a year for Spyder 100,000 300,000/ Liabil 50,000 ,250 deduct. Progressive. And im not related. Good luck.Den

NancysToy
05-09-2008, 07:16 AM
Why would that be? Wouldn't your auto coverage cover the Spyder for damage or theft if it was being trailored?

Normally, a trailered vehicle is covered only by it's own insurance, while the trailer itself is covered under the tow vehicle's policy, unless it has a separate insurance policy. Much like having a vehicle in a garage. Garage blows down, house insurance covers the garage, but the vehicles inside are covered only by the vehicle policies.
-Scotty