PDA

View Full Version : Post Project Update

Dragonrider
11-05-2012, 07:59 PM
Well, there's now about 300 miles on the updated RT - I am amazed at how smooth this bike is now. Vibrations are - for all intents and purposes - gone!! It seems a bit sluggish from a dead stop, but then, it always did. However, now, it will push you onto the passenger seat at 5K, and pulls hard and fast, all the way to RL!!

It took about 100 miles to get rid of the oils, etc. on the new pipe and Yosh - the bike seems to run a tad hotter, but there's hardly any heat on my feet. It sounds really nice, behind the bike, and the cockpit is very quiet.

It does pop a bit on deceleration, and when shifting, but only when it's still warming up.

Milage has improved as well, but I'll wait for a nice long trip in the Spring to see where it really is now. I put 100 miles on it today, and the (highly inaccurate) gage dropped a little less than half, and I was as comfortable as I have ever been on a bike.

For review, the Cat's gone, it has a Yosh pipe, wrapped headers, SpyderPops plug & wire kit, and non-ETOH gas. For comfort, it has a Corbin seat, and Seal Floorboards. For performance, it has a full set of Works shocks.

Bob Denman
11-06-2012, 08:03 AM
So it's been an unqualified success? :2thumbs:
What did the Yoshimura do to the sound out back?

Dragonrider
11-06-2012, 11:06 AM
Bob;

I posted a "before & After" video in a couple of threads, including the RTShop Talk, New Project update: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?45631-New-Project-updates

I could not be happier with the Yosh. It has a nice growl, but is still quiet - easily overcome by the music from my iPod...

I have TBR 6x6's on my Valk, and Vance & Hines on the Magna - the RT is perfect.

Bob Denman
11-06-2012, 11:09 AM
Excellent! :2thumbs:
Glad to hear that your Ipod can muscle its way past the pipe!
Although a good pipe can also be music to the ears... :thumbup:

Dragonrider
11-06-2012, 11:26 AM
Best of both worlds!! :2thumbs: