PDA

View Full Version : Front Luggage Compartment

derif
11-05-2012, 11:54 AM
For the second time in a year the latch button for my front luggage compartment won't work. I have a 2011 Spyder RT. The last time I brought it in to the dealer to have it fixed they kept my bike for two days. Said they had to remove a lot to get to the problem to correct it. Any comments or thoughts would be appreciated.

Bob Denman
11-05-2012, 12:18 PM
Do you have the push-button release?
Are you getting any sounds that might make you think that it's trying to unlatch?
Sometimes a bit of grease helps.
Try pushing down on the lid and hitting the button... Maybe by releasing some of the tension on it; it'll release...
Good Luck! :thumbup:

NancysToy
11-05-2012, 12:40 PM
Does the cable (key) release work? If so, the lever on the microswitch in the trunk may be bent or damaged, or the weatherstrip or trunk liner may have gotten pulled off, and it is interfering with the switch or pushing up on the lid. The latch may also have to be adjusted and/or lubed. As was said, if the trunk is overfilled (or the weatherstrip/liner comes loose), it can fail to open. Pushing down on the lid while pushing the button or pushing and turning the key can release it. If all of this makes no sense to you, you are best off to see a dealer, rather than attempt a fix yourself.