PDA

View Full Version : Spyder Financing

1BlackWidow
02-16-2008, 09:07 AM
I am expecting my Spyder in next Month, and after reading a lot i am getting nervous about financing thru the dealership. I have no credit union or anything to go to and so i am planning on trying to finance everything through the dealer. Has anyone experienced any problems at all trying to do this? I am assuming that the rate might not be that low, but i will probably put down around 5k just to help things along.....am i worried for nothing?

Lamonster
02-16-2008, 09:29 AM
Man I would go through your bank before I would go through the dealer. I don't think they are offering any smoken deals. ::)

Diggittt
02-16-2008, 01:47 PM
Go to the bank yourself. If you use the dealer they are going to charge you the middle man fee for setting up financing. Cut him out completely and save yourself some bucks.

Diggittt

axhead
02-17-2008, 06:05 AM
Call around to your local area credit unions. Regulations regarding who can join have broadened considerably in last 5 years or so. If you have good credit, and especially with a substantial down, you may find them your best source.

matusky
02-21-2008, 12:45 AM
I was told that BRP is going through GE Money Bank to get 9.9% up to 84 months with 10% or less down.... which can also include up to $3000 of accessories and warranties added to it.

I'm planning on getting my spyder.... hoping for #2000 or something cool like that....... sometime in March.....

But this week I'm going to a credit union to open an account and become a member with the specific intent on getting a motorcycle loan through them when the time comes..... the C.U. I'm looking at is offering motorcycle loans up to 72 months at 6% right now.... if the Fed drops the rate again it might get lower before I sign the papers!!

csmead
02-21-2008, 01:25 PM
again, nothing is a sure bet. The reason I got my Spyder in Feb. instead of March was because someone's credit union would not front the loan. And the person tried several places before giving this one up. He did not want to lose his deposit so he is waiting on the March shipment and working on getting a loan. Companies are using Software specific computers (okay there is probably a better way of putting that) and they have no way of plugging in "Spyder" until the software updates come through. ie; loan rejected because company does not recognize the product. Try saving up a larger downpayment. The less you have to finance, the more likely you will get the loan.

morgcl
02-21-2008, 04:10 PM
like its been said go to the local credit union.