PDA

View Full Version : Service

my3gs
11-02-2012, 06:17 AM
Hello okies i was wondering WHO in tulsa has any luck with a good dealer? i have a new RT an live n Enid but i will have to take it to tulsa or near OKC for service. Am looking for trained tecs an good service ?? Please chime in an let me know who works on ur spyders. THX

2 Cruysyn
11-02-2012, 07:18 AM
I have had no problems with Honda of Tulsa. In fact their tech went out of his way to find a coolant leak (x2) even though the cooling system pressure test results suggested there wasn't one. The evidence spoke for itself however. Seems to me to be someone who can think on his own no matter what a test may say. My one gripe though, which doesn't seem to be uncommon no matter where you go, is the lack of appointments.

my3gs
11-02-2012, 09:53 PM
I have had no problems with Honda of Tulsa. In fact their tech went out of his way to find a coolant leak (x2) even though the cooling system pressure test results suggested there wasn't one. The evidence spoke for itself however. Seems to me to be someone who can think on his own no matter what a test may say. My one gripe though, which doesn't seem to be uncommon no matter where you go, is the lack of appointments.

Great. THX its about the same to Tulsa as OKC U r the first to have anythang good to say about any dealer around here. Its a long story but my NEW RT limited is still at a dealer it broke down with only 289 miles on it an only 24 hrs old an this was on the 19th an they havent even looked at it yet grrrr. Thx for the reply

2 Cruysyn
11-02-2012, 10:51 PM
Great. THX its about the same to Tulsa as OKC U r the first to have anythang good to say about any dealer around here. Its a long story but my NEW RT limited is still at a dealer it broke down with only 289 miles on it an only 24 hrs old an this was on the 19th an they havent even looked at it yet grrrr. Thx for the reply

It's been a week since your original post and they still haven't found time to look at your Spyder?

my3gs
11-03-2012, 08:11 AM
It's been a week since your original post and they still haven't found time to look at your Spyder?

i am going to call this morning an see whats going on. see i looked at a spyder at his dealership but i when to TX get 1( paid cash in full) i saved thousands about 4 form his price. An really the owner was kindof an ass to me cause i didnt get it there. He flat told me his reg costomers come first then they will get to mine but i had no choice but to leave it cause i had it towed ($200) an i am just not happy with him. the service tecs where nice to me. I am going to take it anywhere but back to them once it is fixed.

my3gs
11-03-2012, 07:13 PM
i am going to call this morning an see whats going on. see i looked at a spyder at his dealership but i when to TX get 1( paid cash in full) i saved thousands about 4 form his price. An really the owner was kindof an ass to me cause i didnt get it there. He flat told me his reg costomers come first then they will get to mine but i had no choice but to leave it cause i had it towed ($200) an i am just not happy with him. the service tecs where nice to me. I am going to take it anywhere but back to them once it is fixed.

Well i went an picked up my spyder they still said they were so busy they couldnt even look at it BS!!!! 3 tecs an only 4 bikes n the place at all. The worst service at Jones power sports!!!! I would NEVER go back the owner treeted me like i was crap cause i didnt get my spyder from him!! My spyder sat outside for 2 weeks! i saved $4500 by NOT getting it at Jones!! VERY upset!! just 1 mans opinion.

2 Cruysyn
11-05-2012, 08:50 AM
Copping an attitude because I didn't spend my money there in the first place wouldn't garner any points with me either.

Of the three techs perhaps only one of 'em has any experience, hopefully, working on a Spyder. Seems to be common except for places like Cowtown in Cuba, MO.

In your original post you indicated the shift linkage was intact. Unless I missed it you haven't indicated that the oil level was checked. I understand the SE5 is particularly cranky if the oil is not at the prescribed level. Has the oil level been verified?

my3gs
11-06-2012, 05:53 AM
Copping an attitude because I didn't spend my money there in the first place wouldn't garner any points with me either.

Of the three techs perhaps only one of 'em has any experience, hopefully, working on a Spyder. Seems to be common except for places like Cowtown in Cuba, MO.

In your original post you indicated the shift linkage was intact. Unless I missed it you haven't indicated that the oil level was checked. I understand the SE5 is particularly cranky if the oil is not at the prescribed level. Has the oil level been verified?

Yes i have checked it many times.oil is dead on. an my better half is taking it to tulsa 2 day i spoke with Dave an he is going to get right on it.an they brag all 3 tecs work on spyders i am glad they r not on any can am list as a dealer for can am.

2 Cruysyn
11-06-2012, 07:36 AM
Yes i have checked it many times.oil is dead on. an my better half is taking it to tulsa 2 day i spoke with Dave an he is going to get right on it.an they brag all 3 tecs work on spyders i am glad they r not on any can am list as a dealer for can am.

Sounds like things are looking up for you and your Spyder. Hopefully you'll be able to ride it back home, and beyond, very soon. Keep us posted. The resolution to issues like the one you have experienced will be good to know.

my3gs
11-10-2012, 07:27 AM
Going to Tulsa to pickup the spyder 2day WOHOO! will post what the prob was soon.

my3gs
11-11-2012, 08:46 AM
Well the valve-solenoid was out keeping the clutch disengaged ?? free fix under warranty. all is good an rides like new guess it shud only 300 miles on it drove it home n the 45 mph cross wind rides good for that kind of wind. drove it all over town last nyt b4 the cold weather sad its the first time its been home sence we purchased it on the 19th of oct but all is well an good!!!500 + miles now luv the :spyder2:

2 Cruysyn
11-11-2012, 05:08 PM
Well the valve-solenoid was out keeping the clutch disengaged ?? free fix under warranty. all is good an rides like new guess it shud only 300 miles on it drove it home n the 45 mph cross wind rides good for that kind of wind. drove it all over town last nyt b4 the cold weather sad its the first time its been home sence we purchased it on the 19th of oct but all is well an good!!!500 + miles now luv the :spyder2:

Glad you finally got your Spyder back on the road! Doesn't sound like it was too difficult a fix, once someone took the time to look.

my3gs
11-25-2012, 10:22 AM
yes easy fix an they were great:cheers: adding more mods LEDs an graphics!!