PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming rides?

muonwhiz
10-31-2012, 01:15 PM
Anyone riding in Southeast (or other parts of) Texas on fall weekends upcoming? The weather is really nice for it! Anyone with ride info please post! What is the best place for riding to view all of the beautiful trees turning colors?

flamingobabe
10-31-2012, 01:53 PM
where are you in Texas? The best place for fall foliage in Texas would be Lost Maples which is located south of Kerrville near Vanderpool which happens to be next door to the 3 Sisters which is some of Texas best riding Hwy 337, 336, 335...we are in-between Houston and Galveston...this weekend is the Lone Star Ralley in Galveston

conroe spyders
10-31-2012, 04:19 PM
Yeppers Lone Star Rally this weekend:2thumbs:

Next weekend is Texas Honor Ride into San Antonio. Information about that ride is already posted on Spyder Lovers. Hope you can make one or both rides :spyder:

crw8781
10-31-2012, 05:59 PM
Anyone want to get together to eat after the ride? :f_spider:

RAYYOU
10-31-2012, 07:20 PM
We are going to try to make the Possum walk ride on the 17th. If you would like to ride up with us you are welcome. After Thanksgiving I will try to put together another ride in our area. Here lately we have been so busy that we have missed most of the rides in the area. I guess all of the fun we had the first part of the year is catching up with us. Thankfully we will be starting all over again soon.

AbNormy
10-31-2012, 07:43 PM
Lost Maples is definitely great in the fall, three sisters, kendalia, willow city all great rides! :agree:Love the Shade Tree on 281 by Spring Branch. The Central Texas Motorcycle Museum is worth the time and they have some great pies, meat and pecan take your pick. The New Zealander who owns it always takes great pride in showing the bikes there.
We did the Honor Ride 3 years ago and had fun too but be ready for a lot of waiting to get everyone lined up to take off! hard to get that many bikes going in the same direction in an orderly fashion!
this is definitely the time to ride, loving this weather down here! :yes:if you're coming out this way let us know when and be glad to join you! I work nights so early sats is usually out for me, but sundays I'm game or sat afternoons are good.

Schnauzer
10-31-2012, 10:13 PM
Anyone want to get together to eat after the ride? :f_spider:
I'm sure we can work something out..We'll be at your mercy since we are out of our element..

capt jim
11-01-2012, 11:11 AM
I'm sure we can work something out..We'll be at your mercy since we are out of our element..

visiting my sister in law in bandera the cow boy capitol of texas there are dozens of dude ranches here and I like to check them out, years ago I stayed at one and there were people,from england and europe and canada boy what a mix. anyway ready to ride to lost maples this weekend or next. man on the news last nite said the weekend of the 16th would be best for color. some one in the area pleasem form a get together RIDE asn I am not from here!

muonwhiz
11-01-2012, 11:48 AM
We are going to try to make the Possum walk ride on the 17th. If you would like to ride up with us you are welcome. After Thanksgiving I will try to put together another ride in our area. Here lately we have been so busy that we have missed most of the rides in the area. I guess all of the fun we had the first part of the year is catching up with us. Thankfully we will be starting all over again soon.

Won't be able to make the ride this weekend or next, but so far 17th is looking good. Give me the details when you have them, nice to see you out riding in Nederland yesterday. Would love to see some great color in the trees. Have lived in AZ for past 10 yrs and we don't have any good fall foliage (hardly any fall either).