PDA

View Full Version : Daytona BikeToberFest 2012

cjackg
10-30-2012, 10:17 PM
Here's an album with a few pics from our recent trip to Florida and BikeToberFest...
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=2423

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=56752&d=1351652504

MouthPiece
10-31-2012, 07:21 AM
Nice "pics", Jack. I'm sure you will agree that Bonefish can provide an excellent meal. I also see that you were at Crabby Joes.

On another note Forrest promised me back at Bike Week that he would lose weight. Hmmmmmmmm.

Chris

billpowell
10-31-2012, 08:38 AM
Great pics, what was the name of the campground you were in?

cjackg
10-31-2012, 08:43 AM
Great pics, what was the name of the campground you were in?
International RV Park just west of I95 on US 92. Very convenient and nice place, only two problems, they doubled the rate for special events and the ants nearly carried us away!

flamingobabe
10-31-2012, 08:43 AM
Great pics...thanks for sharing..someday I'll make it there

Kratos
10-31-2012, 08:49 AM
It's amazing after going through all those pics of awesome custom bikes and being wow'd, I still found the most enjoyment when I landed on a pic of the Spyder. ;)

billpowell
10-31-2012, 09:06 AM
International RV Park just west of I95 on US 92. Very convenient and nice place, only two problems, they doubled the rate for special events and the ants nearly carried us away! It looked very nice, and yes, the campgrounds in Daytona do get proud of there sites during special events. Thank you very much for the name. We live in Jacksonville and one can't really enjoy biketoberfest or bike week by just coming down for the day, we were there Thursday, but really only got to snoop around the track, rode down Main St and of course the loop, but I have always wanted to take the camper and stay longer, will do now that I have seen International. When we camp in the area, we stay at Beverly Beach, but they raise the rates to $140/nite with a 3 nite min, the price isn't the main problem, they don't have pull thrus, so that presents a trailer problem, right on the ocean, I mean right on the ocean, beautiful, but not with the bikes. Won't make bike week in March, will be on an RV caravan, but will make reservations for next October, by that time my wife's 2013 should be here, maybe, ordered it in September and it is brown, like yours. Right now she has a 2010 black RT, I ride a wing, don't hate me................ Thanks again, Bill

cjackg
10-31-2012, 09:17 AM
It looked very nice, and yes, the campgrounds in Daytona do get proud of there sites during special events. Thank you very much for the name. We live in Jacksonville and one can't really enjoy biketoberfest or bike week by just coming down for the day, we were there Thursday, but really only got to snoop around the track, rode down Main St and of course the loop, but I have always wanted to take the camper and stay longer, will do now that I have seen International. When we camp in the area, we stay at Beverly Beach, but they raise the rates to $140/nite with a 3 nite min, the price isn't the main problem, they don't have pull thrus, so that presents a trailer problem, right on the ocean, I mean right on the ocean, beautiful, but not with the bikes. Won't make bike week in March, will be on an RV caravan, but will make reservations for next October, by that time my wife's 2013 should be here, maybe, ordered it in September and it is brown, like yours. Right now she has a 2010 black RT, I ride a wing, don't hate me................ Thanks again, Bill
Bill, the best place we camped on the entire trip was right near you in Fort Clinch State Park at Fernandina Beach. Beautiful campsites just off the beach, and priced right. A real hidden jewel... see pics below!

billpowell
10-31-2012, 01:42 PM
Bill, the best place we camped on the entire trip was right near you in Fort Clinch State Park at Fernandina Beach. Beautiful campsites just off the beach, and priced right. A real hidden jewel... see pics below!
56773567745677556776 That is a nice place, we have camped there a long time ago. FB Beach is a great ride for us, we do it at least once a month, I lead of bunch of different bikes, 2 wheelers, trikes and Spyders, sometimes as many as 6 Spyders will join me. We will have lunch up there and come right back down A1A, glad you liked our area. Next October, we may be able to ride together in Daytona. Thanks again.