PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to JohnnyK's Powersports

Brew crew
10-30-2012, 01:37 PM
:2thumbs::2thumbs: :clap:Wanted to give a shout out to Johnny K's Powersports in Burbank/Lodi, Ohio. We stopped there on a ryde last Thursday just to check them out. We were greeted by every staff person there during our time at the store, they introduced themselves, chatted for a bit - very friendly, not overbearing or pushy. While we were talking, they found out where we purchased from and had offered to take our spyder and hook it to the computer, to make sure the VIN was in the system, check for any updates or problems. Checked the tire pressure, did an update, noticed on the ryde back to service that the fuel gauge bounced all over the place. Now mind you, I had mentioned that to another dealer who had it for service and was told (quite vehemently) that it was normal for it to bounce like a kangaroo. They asked if they could order a new gauge for me! We were like, sure - wow, a responsive and observant mechanic!! They actually want to become our dealer, do our work for us on our Spyder in the future, even though we didn't purchase through them. Their professionalism and attitude was one to be commended. We had previously checked out their Niles, OH location, liked the staff there too. Both locations are about the same distance from us hence the reason we wanted to check them both out. :thumbup: So, if you are in that area, I would recommend stopping by and meet the crew. JMHO!

ARtraveler
10-30-2012, 02:14 PM
The difference in dealers and how they deal with customers and potential customers is just amazing to me. The example you gave is a a perfect way to take care of customers and to encourage new customers to join up.

On the other side of the coin we hear about dealers who won't give you the time of day if you did not purchase from them. They don't look at it as an opportunity to gain new business, just as a bother, because you did not buy from them initially.

IMO: We need to give the bad ones as much free advertising as possible to thin out the herd.