PDA

View Full Version : All in Sandy's Path, please check in

mhoecker
10-30-2012, 09:10 AM
To all friends here, please check in to let everyone know you are ok when you can. If you need help, perhaps some of us that live nearby might be able to help. Let's make this a way to reassure others you are ok, share your crazy Sandy stories, and let us know if you need help in some way. I'm sure Spyderlovers are willing to help each other any way we can!

Madonna
Springfield, VA Sandy passed through with her worst during the evening/night. 70+ winds, 6.25 inches rain, no trees down in our yard (yet)

DynamoBT
10-30-2012, 09:29 AM
We lost power between 9:45pm and 4:30am. Very lucky to only have small debris down in the yards. Fences intact. People on the coast from CT to NC had it much worse than us. Though, I also hear that inland in NJ is pretty bad too.

Still raining off and on today. But very little wind. We'll have a lot of raking to clean up. But, not much else, thankfully.

grumpybob
10-30-2012, 10:08 AM
Nothing where I'm at. Hope everyone on the East Coast is hanging in there. Wishing the best for all.

mowin
10-30-2012, 11:37 AM
Few trees down in the neighborhood, but none in my yard. Lost power for 3 hrs yesterday eve, but thats it.

Phantom888
10-30-2012, 05:02 PM
Getting better now here in eatern pa just north of philly. We lost power about 8:30 last night and it came back on about 5 pm today. There was a roof from a neighboring buisness that blew off from the very high winds. It damaged my neighbors car and garage.

I have my parents over since they don't have power yet and I think another couple is coming over for the night too.

Dwanton
10-30-2012, 05:25 PM
The eye of the storm came right over our house .

We usually lose power when the neighbor sneezes ! :banghead:

The last storm we had no electric for 5 days and I am still amazed that we made it through this storm without a flicker . I spent 2 days situating all the crap we have in the yard and putting things safely away so nothing would blow around . I also prepped for at least 2 days living in the basement and 2 days worth of fuel for the generator .

For me : No damage , no trees down , just a mess of branches , leaves and thousands of dam acorns everywheres ---- no regrets on being over prepared for this one .

I wish everyone the best with a bad situation and may you get back to normal operation quickly !

fyrertuck
10-30-2012, 06:43 PM
:pray: Yes thank you Lord we did good here. normal trees down and some power outage but did good.

Western Mass

rc51ny
10-30-2012, 07:37 PM
Lots of rain and wind here in Rochester, NY. A few trees uprooted, power out for a bit, but all-in-all we made it OK. Nothing like our brothers and sisters in NYC , NJ and Long Island. Best wishes to all those folks!

DR Buck
10-30-2012, 08:03 PM
Count me in. No damage here and never lost power. Road in front of the farm is closed because of flooding. Spyder is safe and dry in te garage.

mooneych
10-30-2012, 08:22 PM
All was quiet during these two days. Internet slowed down a little yesterday afternoon, so this site was a little wonky.

Apart from that...

What a horrible storm. Prayers go out to the families of the 38. :pray::pray::pray:

viperred
10-30-2012, 10:04 PM
[QUOTE=fyrertuck;536415]:pray: Yes thank you Lord we did good here. normal trees down and some power outage but did good.

Western Mass[/QU

I join with you in giving thanks to the Lord,for you and many others that have gone threw that.:spyder2:

MindlessMuse
10-31-2012, 06:19 AM
Warrington (Horsham, Willow Grove) area...20 miles outside Philly.

Lost power on Monday night. It came back to my apt complex sometime yesterday afternoon.

Spyder's outdoor cover held tight and no issues...at least none that I know of yet, I haven't lifted the cover to know if anything is water logged.

arris
10-31-2012, 07:46 AM

Lost power on Monday night. It came back to my apt complex sometime yesterday afternoon.

Spyder's outdoor cover held tight and no issues...at least none that I know of yet, I haven't lifted the cover to know if anything is water logged.

We were lucky. No trees down and no power losses.:yes: Had generator full of gas and extra fuel if needed. Sandy went around us. Sorry about all the people who lost power and their homes . Here, an 8 year old boy went out to check on their animals and his father was outside also and told him to get back into the house. About that time a tree fell on the 8 year old boy and killed him. His father just stood there and watched the tree fall. The father could do nothing to help his son because it happened so fast.

arris
10-31-2012, 07:47 AM

We were lucky. No trees down and no power losses. Had generator full of gas and extra fuel if needed. Sandy went around us. Sorry about all the people who lost power and their homes . Here, an 8 year old boy went out to check on their animals and his father was outside also and told him to get back into the house. About that time a tree fell on the 8 year old boy and killed him. His father just stood there and watched the tree fall. The father could do nothing to help his son because it happened so fast.

brodyson
10-31-2012, 08:46 AM
Power company telling us it might take up tp two weeks to regain power.
A few random neighborhood pictures.
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb399/stablesem/sandy4.jpg
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb399/stablesem/sandy5-1.jpg

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb399/stablesem/sandy.jpg
Hard to ride with docks, boats and sheds in the road
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb399/stablesem/sandy6.jpg

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb399/stablesem/sandy3.jpg
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb399/stablesem/sandy2.jpg

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb399/stablesem/sandy.jpg

Sarge707
10-31-2012, 08:51 AM
40 Miles inland OK- One big branch to clean up-Power Never went off.
About 1/3 of the state still no power-Shoreline Hit real Bad BUT I Pray for ALL those on the New Jersey shore and affected area,s!

boborgera
10-31-2012, 10:12 AM
No damage at my house, But there's hundreds of trees down, and transformers,poles and wires down.
No power and probably won't get it back for at least 5/10 days, Running on a generator right now. Roads here are almost impassable.
Believe me when i see what happen in South Jersey and the NYC area I'm not complaining.

FrankPa
10-31-2012, 05:26 PM
Lost power for about 3 hours Monday evening.

Just got settled into bed. Reading Ayn Rand on my iPad, candle burning, .380 on the nightstand. Then the lights came back on!

Bob Denman
10-31-2012, 07:23 PM
Monday afternoon at 3:00pm we lost power. That evening our house and office survived some 90 mph gusts and came out intact and unharmed! :2thumbs:
We just got our power back on this evening at 7:55pm...

A lot of our insureds took some REAL heavy hits from this witch... :shocked: :gaah:

dannymax
10-31-2012, 07:37 PM
We're a couple hours north of Bob, all good here....lights off and on a few times, some gusts but only 1" of rain and no damage.
Very lucky! :pray: