PDA

View Full Version : Well I've been busy Too!

Bob Denman
10-28-2012, 08:59 AM
56386 Here's what we started with: a 2010 Audio and convenience model
Then Farkleosis struck... :shocked:
BRP foglights
BRP LED accent lights
BRP Windshield trim Chrome
BRP Top Trunk Trim Chrome
BRP Top Trunk Liner
BRP Front Trunk Liner
ISCI Floorboards
BRP Lower Air Deflector Chrome
BRP Lower Spoiler Trim Chrome
BRP Front Trunk Light
LED Fender Marker Lights
PowerSportsWraps Vinyl Graphic
BRP Rear Side Cargo Trim Chrome
BRP MP3 Player Bag
"Steve's" Full-sized Brake Pedal
BRP Chrome Handlebar End Caps
BRP GloveBox Organizer
TricLEDS 3rd & 4th Brake Lights
Diamond R Armrests
BRP ACS
BRP Full storage cover
BajaRon's sparkplug wires
BRP Bright Chrome Wheels
BRP 2011 RT Shocks
BRP Top Trunk Mirror

And here we are now...56387 I thought that i had it fully up to RT-S specs; but I'm lacking the chrome bezelled guages in the dash... Off to go find a set!

grumpybob
10-28-2012, 10:40 AM
BRP foglights
BRP LED accent lights
BRP Top Trunk Liner
BRP Front Trunk Liner
ISCI Floorboards
BRP Front Trunk Light
LED Fender Marker Lights
BRP MP3 Player Bag
BRP GloveBox Organizer
Diamond R Armrests
BRP ACS
BRP Full storage cover
BRP Bright Chrome Wheels
BRP 2011 RT Shocks
BRP Top Trunk Mirror

And here we are now...56387 I thought that i had it fully up to RT-S specs; but I'm lacking the chrome bezelled guages in the dash... Off to go find a set!

The more weight you add to it the harder it is to push around town!!:yes: :yes:

Quite the list of additions.

Bob Denman
10-28-2012, 11:02 AM
I only have to push when it's incapable of pulling... :opps:

Laila's Dad
10-28-2012, 12:31 PM
Great! You just built a 2012 RT... Do you have the dealer complete your mods or do handle them all yourself?

StanProff
10-28-2012, 01:18 PM
BRP foglights
BRP LED accent lights
BRP Top Trunk Liner
BRP Front Trunk Liner
ISCI Floorboards
BRP Front Trunk Light
LED Fender Marker Lights
BRP MP3 Player Bag
BRP GloveBox Organizer
Diamond R Armrests
BRP ACS
BRP Full storage cover
BRP Bright Chrome Wheels
BRP 2011 RT Shocks
BRP Top Trunk Mirror

I bought the RT-S cause I liked the extras, Chrome etc. on it. I have added the Exhaust heat shield chrome on both ends of the muffler as well as the mirror chrome. Mine had the Smoked chrome wheels standard a well as the Frunk liner and Travel cover that came with the 2010 RT-S . I know all of the add-ons are expensive and was wondering if you surpassed the price of the RT-S. A lot of folks do what you have done and I know part of the enjoyment is adding mods to the spyders so I am not judging at all, just courious about the cost of it all. I think you have made yours into a limited for sure by now.
thanks,
Stan

Spy+
10-28-2012, 02:11 PM
Great results!!! I dig the color of the the flames! :thumbup:

Ride Master
10-28-2012, 03:29 PM
Looking Good

Bob Denman
10-28-2012, 04:59 PM
By purchasing VERY carefully, and often relying on the kindness of others; I'm actually about $800 bucks below the cost of the RT-S that I would have (should have!) bought.
The ACS, frunk light, chrome gilles up front, fog and accent lights were all dealer-handled items. I just did the easiest stuff that I figured even a nitwit like me couldn't screw up too badly!
I built my RT-S because I couldn't find one in the color that the Missus wanted when she was in the mood to buy... :shocked:
I would never suggest that it's the best way to do it, and I probably wouldn't make this effort again... Look at the time I've wasted that could have been used for the fun farkles! ;)

harrypottar
10-28-2012, 05:26 PM
looking good Bob, :thumbup: Although if your wife sees this you will be in trouble, its proof what you have done and spent...:roflblack:

harry

ARtraveler
10-28-2012, 05:32 PM
You have a case of farkleosis Bob. But--you have a nice looking machine with all the good stuff on it. :2thumbs:

ThreeWheels
10-28-2012, 09:49 PM
Sounds to me like you bought an RT-AC and converted it to an RT-S.
Great job,
I'm wondering, what was the advantage ? Could you have bought an RT-S and have it set up without all the additional work ?

Not criticizing. Sounds like you got your bike set up just the way you wanted it.
I'm just wondering if you could have had a bike set up the way you wanted for less effort.

Either way, good luck with it. I'm sure you'll enjoy the ride.

StanProff
10-28-2012, 10:07 PM
By purchasing VERY carefully, and often relying on the kindness of others; I'm actually about $800 bucks below the cost of the RT-S that I would have (should have!) bought.
The ACS, frunk light, chrome gilles up front, fog and accent lights were all dealer-handled items. I just did the easiest stuff that I figured even a nitwit like me couldn't screw up too badly!
I built my RT-S because I couldn't find one in the color that the Missus wanted when she was in the mood to buy... :shocked:
I would never suggest that it's the best way to do it, and I probably wouldn't make this effort again... Look at the time I've wasted that could have been used for the fun farkles! ;)

My RT-S was in the crate and it was the color my wife wanted, Blue! Works for me.

StanProff
10-28-2012, 10:13 PM

My RT-S was in the crate and it was the color my wife wanted, Blue! Works for me.

rc51ny
10-29-2012, 04:47 AM
DAMN--sounds like me. I bought a 2012 RT-AC-Now that the cold months are hitting, I'd adding the BRP fog lights (I just like the looks), frunk 12v plug and rear radio speakers. Getting closer and closer to the RT-S. I bought lots of stuff on ebay and doing all the work myself. I'm pulling the frunk today--a little scary but from what others say--should be easy. I just love pulling stuff apart and seeing what's underneath!

Bob Denman
10-29-2012, 11:35 AM
:lecturef_smilie: Be careful! That's just the tip of the camel's nose getting in under the tentflap... :shocked:
First thing you know; you'll have an RT-S and not even now how it got here! :roflblack:

If only they had a BLUE RT-S SE 5 when the Missus gave me the "Thumb's-Up"!

Bob Denman
02-22-2013, 02:23 PM
Well just to keep from getting lazy; I've been trying to keep from going crazy by adding more farkling over the past several months:
Some extra turnsignal indicators
GloRyders new remote-controlled model
Elka Stage 1+R front shocks

Next will be the Stebel horn, and BajaRon's Anti-SwayBar...6256862569 This epic journey continues! :thumbup:

otter28169
02-22-2013, 02:31 PM
You are out of control Bob, but we wouldn't have it any other way. I too had to wait for the wife to "consent", but it worked a little different for me. I was willing to get an RS just so that I could get on the road. When the wife said go, and the good deal came about, it happened to be an RS-S. Doesn't matter though, I have already added the comfort seat, and the passenger back rest. Next will probably be a GPS and or passenger peg extensions. The farkling is all part of BRP's plan.................................They know we are addicts :yikes:

Chupaca
02-22-2013, 02:45 PM
That is a lot of farkeling. Great job but I think you may have to buy another spyder so you can continue farkeling...:roflblack::roflblack:

ARtraveler
02-22-2013, 02:47 PM
Let the farkleing continue. :2thumbs::2thumbs:

Bob Denman
02-22-2013, 03:34 PM
That is a lot of farkeling. Great job but I think you may have to buy another spyder so you can continue farkeling...:roflblack:

:roflblack:
I just priced out a 2013 ST Limited in White for her...62570

ARtraveler
02-22-2013, 03:50 PM
Ooooooooooooooooooooh My!!!!!!! That is a good way to start though. You get pretty much everything you "need" in accessories from the beginning. That is one nice machine. I have a feeling that if you bite the bullet, that the missus will be very happy.

All the arguments seem to disappear once they sit on the machine and put those first few miles on. I did test drive the first 50 miles before I turned over the new RT to Linda though--just to make sure it was set up all prim and propper. After turning it over to Linda, we put over 750 miles on the new machine that weekend. :thumbup:

Bob Denman
02-23-2013, 01:02 PM
The Missus is still playing hard to get... I'll keep softening her up! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_3_12.gif
But I've also still got TONS of plans for the RT... :thumbup:

vrodrjs
02-23-2013, 02:59 PM
Let me know how you get her to do it. I keep trying to get my wife to let me get one for her. So far no dice, says she likes having a chauffeur.

Bob Denman
02-23-2013, 06:26 PM
Well I've made some progress...
It used to sound a bit like, "Are you out of your :cus: mind?" :shocked:
Now I've got her down to, "I need one of those like I need another one of YOU!" :thumbup:
That, my friend; is progress! :2thumbs:

vrodrjs
02-24-2013, 01:56 PM
I am at the stage where I just get a look that roughly translates to your stage 1.

Bob Denman
02-24-2013, 03:01 PM
Patience... :thumbup:

finless
07-18-2013, 05:06 PM
Dave, you always ask for pictures!
Where are yours of these mods please? :)

Bob