PDA

View Full Version : Got to sit on my first Spyer today.

GuitarPlayer
10-27-2012, 08:26 PM
Hi there,

I'm a rookie. I've never ridden a motorcycle but I'm 100% sure that come this spring, I will be purchasing either a new 2013 Spyer RT-S or RT-Ltd. I can't wait.

I got to sit on a 2012 RT-Ltd today at Leer's Cycle Center in Waterloo and the machine fit me like a glove. I think I've got SAS (Spyder Acquisition Syndrome) and I'm hoping that it doesn't turn into FAS (Farkle Acquisition Syndrome). This dealer supplies Spyders to the MSC that's taught at the local community college in town. The people I talked to seemed really nice and I hope that they will be good to deal with because they are close (15 miles) to where I live. The next closest dealer is in Cedar Rapids which is about 50 miles away.

I've been reading and learning loads of stuff from this forum. Everyone seems very nice and is willing to share their knowledge, even to newbies like me. :bowdown: Us newbies really appreciate your kindness, patience and wealth of information that you provide. Even though I've read many posts concerning problems with the Spyder, I agree with many of you here, you will always hear about problems with things, you rarely hear anything when things are going well.

I probably will lurk more than post but know that I appreciate everything that goes on here.

Going into Lurk mode,

Thanks,

Tony

NancysToy
10-27-2012, 08:36 PM
:welcome:

Sarge707
10-27-2012, 08:40 PM
:clap: Welcome and if you get a 2013 you can go easy on the upgrades because it has Most of them!!!!

Tin Man
10-27-2012, 08:49 PM
From a fellow guitar player, hope to see you riding soon.

ARtraveler
10-27-2012, 09:20 PM
:welcome: from another guitar man.

Big Arm
10-27-2012, 10:05 PM
:welcome: Wait till the 2013's come out, and go get one, and ride over my way so I can see it. :roflblack:
Any way......Welcome, GuitarPlayer , You came to the right place to get answers to any questions you have. Hope to see you on the road.

viperred
10-27-2012, 10:22 PM
Don't ever sit on a spyder unless you plan to own one in the future. We all get caught in their web when we do. Go ahead and make one of the deels in a life time.:spyder2:

farmerjim
10-27-2012, 11:13 PM
:welcome:I've been lurking on here for 2 years and just pulled the trigger Oct 4th of this year and I'm TOTALLY in love. You'll find information more than any operators manual right here in this forum. I think I've asked every dumb question there is and everyone is always gracious with their answers. So, lurk away my friend.

farmerjim
Jim Dumey:ohyea:

Ray&Charlotte
10-28-2012, 02:03 AM
Heya! Very smart approach and you have patience!! This is a great place to start - and there are nuggets all over the forums...some are buried deep and others are at your finger tips...just tonight I didn't realize that w/in the Sponsors/Business forums - there is a gent in California selling B.E.S.T warranties!! I purchased one today for 900+tax=$927 - which is a bit higher than what he's advertising for SL members ~$750. Quite a bit of difference and it's good nationwide of course...Good Luck!! Stay informed & Ask away - These folks have been very very good to a newbie like me!! And they will help you!

And when you do buy - and find yourself in the southeastern USofA - let me/Charlotte know! Would be happy to ryde :)

GloryRyders
10-28-2012, 05:45 AM
:welcome:to our web.................you'll be a proud owner in no time!:yes:

lookerjdc
10-28-2012, 06:10 AM
FAS will start soon...:congrats::clap::cheers:

mick ruhdorf
10-28-2012, 07:30 AM
As a former lurker i welcome you to the very very addictive but great fun world of SPYDERIN and look forward to your posts post spyder lurking ,all you need to know is here .

http://www.ozspyderryders.com/Smileys/aaron/wheelchair.gif cheers mick :doorag:

harrypottar
10-28-2012, 07:41 AM
:welcome:, when I fell in love with the spyder I had a hard time waiting a couple of weeks, good look waiting until spring....:roflblack:

harry

BLUEKNIGHT911
10-28-2012, 08:53 AM
:welcome: A FEW THINGS TO THINK ABOUT.....AS FAR AS PROBLEMS .....YES THERE ARE SOME.....BUT CONSIDERING THAT YOU ARE GETTING THE FEEDBACK HERE FROM ALMOST 10,000 SPYDER OWNERS....I DON'T THINK IT'S REALLY THAT BAD.........ALSO DO NOT THINK THIS HANDLES ANYTHING LIKE A MOTORCYCLE......DRIVE IT JUST LIKE A CAR AND YOU WILL LEARN FASTER.....GOOD LUCK....MIKE..:thumbup:

Bob Denman
10-28-2012, 09:01 AM
:lecturef_smilie: Be careful... Once they sink their fangs in; it's pretty tough to escape! :roflblack: Welcome aboard!! :2thumbs:

sealfloorboards
10-28-2012, 09:18 AM
When ya know somethings right, it just is. That's what I thought when I saw my first Spyder in '08. Some day finally became a reality in '09. What I didn't know then was that buying from a good dealer is just the first part of the equation. The most important thing (after mods.:D) is service!!! I ride 80 miles for all my service because it is so superior to that which is 20 miles away:bowdown:. Get to know your Service Mgr. He can make or break your Spyder love affair. What you really want is to be problem free and.....

Ride in comfort,

John
Seal Floorboards

kevorama
10-28-2012, 10:55 AM
We left our Honda VTX at home and drove to the local dealership (an hour away), saw the Viper Red RTS, test drove it and then took the bike over the next day and traded it in. FAS will happen to be sure. Welcome to the SL club! :thumbup:

DocRags
10-28-2012, 01:40 PM
There is absolutely no way that SAS doesn't turn rather suddenly into FAS! :yikes: Be forewarned! The bite of the Spyder progresses to all sorts of things, all of which are fun (other than the lightening of the wallet). Hope you are able to join the ranks of the Spyder riders soon...it's best to give in to SAS as soon as possible to maximize your exposure to the Spyder's allure.

Ken Thomas
10-28-2012, 05:10 PM
:yes::yes::congrats::yes::yes::cheers:

Osros
10-30-2012, 06:56 PM
Hi there,

I'm a rookie. I've never ridden a motorcycle but I'm 100% sure that come this spring, I will be purchasing either a new 2013 Spyer RT-S or RT-Ltd. I can't wait.

I got to sit on a 2012 RT-Ltd today at Leer's Cycle Center in Waterloo and the machine fit me like a glove. I think I've got SAS (Spyder Acquisition Syndrome) and I'm hoping that it doesn't turn into FAS (Farkle Acquisition Syndrome). This dealer supplies Spyders to the MSC that's taught at the local community college in town. The people I talked to seemed really nice and I hope that they will be good to deal with because they are close (15 miles) to where I live. The next closest dealer is in Cedar Rapids which is about 50 miles away.

I've been reading and learning loads of stuff from this forum. Everyone seems very nice and is willing to share their knowledge, even to newbies like me. :bowdown: Us newbies really appreciate your kindness, patience and wealth of information that you provide. Even though I've read many posts concerning problems with the Spyder, I agree with many of you here, you will always hear about problems with things, you rarely hear anything when things are going well.

I probably will lurk more than post but know that I appreciate everything that goes on here.

Going into Lurk mode,

Thanks,

Tony

Hey I am in the same boat never been on a motorcycle but I been bit by the spyder and will do what it takes to get on the road. I hope to be able to pull it off and be on a ST in 6 months or so. I'm new to all this so will be here reading a ton of posts! To all north Texas folks I hope to join you soon! Any dealership suggestions plmk.

SPYD3R
10-30-2012, 07:22 PM
OH HO...... sit'n on a SPYD3R is like getting a tattoo.... once you've done it, you're stuck with it forever....

we'll be look'n for you post come next April....

CyncySpyder
10-31-2012, 04:38 AM
:shocked:Be forwarned:shocked:
the Spyders are Extremely Addictive & there is
:bdh:NO 12 STEP PROGRAM :helpsmilie:

Once bitten, all you can do is Give in &
:cheers::yes:ENJOY the RYDE:yes::cheers:

Ga Blue Knight
10-31-2012, 04:51 AM
Welcome from another prior IA resident. I lived there BS (Before Spyders, 1980's) and love the Quad Cities. Rode mostly BMW's then but love Spyders and only Spyders now! If you need anything just Post! Remember that if you ask two Spyder Lovers a question you'll get three answers so go with the general consensus and make your own way through Spyderdom!

warp10
10-31-2012, 07:24 AM
Hey I am in the same boat never been on a motorcycle but I been bit by the spyder and will do what it takes to get on the road. I hope to be able to pull it off and be on a ST in 6 months or so. I'm new to all this so will be here reading a ton of posts! To all north Texas folks I hope to join you soon! Any dealership suggestions plmk.

Welcome both of you :2thumbs: Where in texas are you located? I get service done in Granbury.

Kratos
10-31-2012, 08:53 AM
:welcome:

Osros
10-31-2012, 12:52 PM
Welcome both of you :2thumbs: Where in texas are you located? I get service done in Granbury.

I'm in gainsville, about 60 miles north of Dallas, but willing to go where ever for good deal and service.

otter28169
10-31-2012, 01:47 PM
I t took me 5 years..............I fell in love at first sight but "had to wait". Dumb MoveI have been a spyder owner for just over 2 months and cannot get enough. I never even did a test ryde, my first ryde was after it was sitting in my garage. My advice, don't wait any longer than you absolutely have to.
Welcome to the web...................................

GuitarPlayer
10-31-2012, 02:25 PM
I need to get some finances in order (pay off some debt) so I can afford my new Spyder. Besides, I still need to get my permit and take the MSC class. There are no classes scheduled now until next spring. Also, there's not much of a riding season left as it's starting to get cold. :( I guess I'll just have to be patient.

That's ok though, it gives me time to figure out what Farkles I need to get. One for sure will be SpyderPops Belt Guard. I'm sure there will be more. There's a lot more to learn.

Thanks,

Tony

Osros
10-31-2012, 09:07 PM
I need to get some finances in order (pay off some debt) so I can afford my new Spyder. Besides, I still need to get my permit and take the MSC class. There are no classes scheduled now until next spring. Also, there's not much of a riding season left as it's starting to get cold. :( I guess I'll just have to be patient.

That's ok though, it gives me time to figure out what Farkles I need to get. One for sure will be SpyderPops Belt Guard. I'm sure there will be more. There's a lot more to learn.

Thanks,

Tony

Ha, got the same mod in mind first thing. I also will be saving for a decent down payment but in 5 or 6 months will have a decision to make use the money on the spyder or use it to pay off my Jeep and have no more car payments and then I can focus on the new spyder. I know the right thing to do but I want to do the wrong thing so badly ASAP. :doorag: