PDA

View Full Version : Spyder RSS after market turn signals.

Greg Barkus
10-27-2012, 05:04 PM
I recently purchased a set of turn signal bulbs for my RSS. I had to drill two small holes in the dash board to mount them, and then tie them into the turn signal wiring. As you all know the turn signals on this bike are not self cancelling. Now, with the new signals they cancel themselves after I make a turn. The bulbs are called Bores1 and I got them from Ebay. Does anyone have any knowledge about this phenomenon? Is it something that is built into the Bores1 signals? Waiting to hear. :read:

Frank G
10-27-2012, 05:14 PM
What is the year of your RSS? I think all models cancel after the turn? or they are should.:spyder:

Greg Barkus
10-27-2012, 05:18 PM
What is the year of your RSS? I think all models cancel after the turn? or they are should.:spyder:

It's a 2012. The thing is they didn't cancel before I installed these little lights on the dash. The lights are little LEDs that flash on either side of the dash instead of the flashing arrows. They are suppose to be more safe because you can see them better.

Frank G
10-27-2012, 05:30 PM
WoW!:bowdown:You fixed your Spyder without even knowing it. Got some free time to tinker with mine.:clap:

Greg Barkus
10-27-2012, 05:40 PM
WoW!:bowdown:You fixed your Spyder without even knowing it. Got some free time to tinker with mine.:clap:

Well, mine's got me tinkered out for this year. I think I'll have to pass on yours. As long as the signals cancel themselves, I won't look a gift horse in the mouth. This could only happen to me. :sour:

billybovine
10-27-2012, 06:18 PM
I recently purchased a set of turn signal bulbs for my RSS. I had to drill two small holes in the dash board to mount them, and then tie them into the turn signal wiring. As you all know the turn signals on this bike are not self cancelling. Now, with the new signals they cancel themselves after I make a turn. The bulbs are called Bores1 and I got them from Ebay. Does anyone have any knowledge about this phenomenon? Is it something that is built into the Bores1 signals? Waiting to hear. :read:

Where did you get the idea that they don't self cancel? The turn signals are controled by the cluster and if you make a sharp enough turn it cancels. If the turn was not short enough it will cancel in 30 seconds as long as the Spyder in motion.

Greg Barkus
10-27-2012, 07:10 PM
Where did you get the idea that they don't self cancel? The turn signals are controled by the cluster and if you make a sharp enough turn it cancels. If the turn was not short enough it will cancel in 30 seconds as long as the Spyder in motion.

Well, when I bought it they told me the signals didn't self cancel. I've owned it since March and always had to cancel them manually. It's a brand new bike. I'm just wondering if the wiring was wrong and when I rewired it to install the led's maybe it fixed it. I don't know. All I do know is that the signals didn't self cancel until I installed the new lights.

NancysToy
10-27-2012, 07:26 PM
Well, when I bought it they told me the signals didn't self cancel. I've owned it since March and always had to cancel them manually. It's a brand new bike. I'm just wondering if the wiring was wrong and when I rewired it to install the led's maybe it fixed it. I don't know. All I do know is that the signals didn't self cancel until I installed the new lights.

You should have had your dealer check the Spyder to see why they didn't cancel. Usual cause is steering sensors out of cablibration. The do normally cancel after completing a 90 degree turn, or after 30 seconds. Yours is apparently faulty.

IGETAROUND
10-27-2012, 07:40 PM
self canceling turn signals; golly gee what will they think of next???:yes::bowdown::ohyea::thumbup::clap:Last time I had a bike this was strictly operator driven feature. Stayed blinking till you shut it off. Course then there were physically appreciated stops and starts to the switches, non of this indeterminate wishy washy that doesn't give you tactile feed back of where the switch is in relation to your thumbs input. Can you say older than dirt:yes::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Tony Holbrook
10-29-2012, 09:20 AM
Good Morning Greg,
Call Bores 1 direct he is ver nice and easy to work with he is a advertiser on the web site here, I have purchased several things from him and as I say I find him very interested in helping
Thanks
Tony Holbrook

arkus;535341]I recently purchased a set of turn signal bulbs for my RSS. I had to drill two small holes in the dash board to mount them, and then tie them into the turn signal wiring. As you all know the turn signals on this bike are not self cancelling. Now, with the new signals they cancel themselves after I make a turn. The bulbs are called Bores1 and I got them from Ebay. Does anyone have any knowledge about this phenomenon? Is it something that is built into the Bores1 signals? Waiting to hear. :read:[/QUOTE]

mick ruhdorf
10-29-2012, 11:59 AM
Hi ive got a 2012 RS SM5 and my indicators are self canceling so you must have had a fault that you accidentaly fixed while puting on your mod :congrats: well done
cheers mick :doorag:

Spyder777
10-29-2012, 12:09 PM
my RSS cancels the signals automatically. You should ask the dealer what's up while it's still under warranty. Who knows what else they told you it doesn't do...

billybovine
10-29-2012, 12:39 PM

Here is page 16 of your owners manual. It clearly explains how the turn signals work.

May suggest that you read the owner manual and you may find other things that your dealer explained to you incorrectly.