PDA

View Full Version : WOO-HOO!!!!!

Bob Denman
10-27-2012, 04:41 PM
Hi Guys! I went to Arctic Adventures' open house this afternoon, and got to see and ride the new ST Limited, and visit with a couple of the Can Am representatives...
I feel as if I just got back from a Free Trip to Walt Disney World!
First; the bike! :shocked: I only found two things that weren't to my liking, and they are strictly personal preference items...
first: No glovebox...
Second: a bit too much wind hitting me on my shoulders out on the road...
Beyond that... This is one very sweet bike! You RS/GS pilots will have to get used to the RT style controls on the left bar... I felt right at home!
The windshield... Grab it on both sides and just give it a pull... it adjusts up and down real easy.
Power... It accelerates quicker than an RT, but it's not an earthshattering difference.
Brakes... Now we're getting somewhere! This thing hauls down quicker than anything on less than four wheels should have a right to. The new Brembos are RIGHTEOUS! :pray:
Turning... the steering is much lighter and initiates the turn much quicker. I found myself having to adjust because my turns were just beimg made too quickly. The steering is a vast improvement over the older bikes.
Some pictures... 56356563575635856359

ARtraveler
10-27-2012, 04:47 PM
Sounds like a good test ride experience. :2thumbs:

Those of us in Alaska will probably have to wait for spring (March or later) before anything shows up here. I am guessing there will be no test drive/showings being put on by BRP in our neck of the woods.

Bob Denman
10-27-2012, 04:48 PM
As you can see; this wasn't a production 2013 ST; I told them that I felt like a crash-test dummy minus the crashing part...
The appearance was what you'll see in the showrooms, and the final calibrations for underneath were "pretty much there" It was described as being at least 95%...
More pictures... 5636056361563625636356364
Roger, Ron and MaryEllen were there of course; with Ron flying the colors...
(Next time wear some SHOES so that you take the bike out for a ryde!!!) :lecturef_smilie:

Kungfuspyder
10-27-2012, 04:50 PM
Great to hear about it, glad you had a great day, my day is much better since I got my RT home:thumbup:

Bob Denman
10-27-2012, 04:52 PM
5636556366 I want to especially thank the Can Am reps who were MORE than patient with all of my questions and inane observations
N... http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_3_12.gif You owe me some pics when you get your RSS-S! And thanks for letting an old man waste so much of your afternoon!

flamingobabe
10-27-2012, 07:41 PM
thanks for the review....I want one soo bad...if I could ride one for about 250 miles...it would be mine

GloryRyders
10-28-2012, 06:05 AM
Bob, thanks for the review and pictures..............I still think that I will stick with my RT Ltd.:2thumbs:

Bob Denman
10-28-2012, 08:19 AM
Some more observations now that some time has allowed them to surface...
I had concerns that the lower profile (55 series) front tires might transmit some noise and harshness... That is a non-issue! :2thumbs:
They definitely needed to go to the 15" wheels up front; those bigger discs and Brembos fill them right up! :thumbup:

Most importantly:
I heard on at least two ocassions that they, "love Lamont, and love what he does for them".

So Boss; THANKS for all that you do! :firstplace: :2thumbs:

Kungfuspyder
10-28-2012, 08:38 AM
I might consider on getting another one, a couple years down the road, it will either be a RSS or STS just would like a sport around spyder to aggravate everyone with.:roflblack:

coz
10-29-2012, 04:45 PM
Some more observations now that some time has allowed them to surface...
I had concerns that the lower profile (55 series) front tires might transmit some noise and harshness... That is a non-issue! :2thumbs:
They definitely needed to go to the 15" wheels up front; those bigger discs and Brembos fill them right up! :thumbup:

Most importantly:
I heard on at least two ocassions that they, "love Lamont, and love what he does for them".

So Boss; THANKS for all that you do! :firstplace: :2thumbs: bob, how did the exhaust sound ?

Adirondack Mik
10-29-2012, 05:45 PM
Wish I was there.

Bob Denman
10-31-2012, 07:25 PM
bob, how did the exhaust sound ?
Exactly like an RT... :thumbup: That's the engine/exhaust combo that's sitting in its belly.

Sarge707
10-31-2012, 08:45 PM
Thanks for the review! The ST is 160 Pounds heavier than the 2008-2012 GS/RS?
The ST is only about 70 Pounds" Lighter" Than the 2010-12 RT?
You Can Make your own Conclusions because BRP is posting NO Performance ###s?:dontknow:

NancysToy
10-31-2012, 09:28 PM
Thanks for the review! The ST is 160 Pounds heavier than the 2008-2012 GS/RS?
The ST is only about 70 Pounds" Lighter" Than the 2010-12 RT?
You Can Make your own Conclusions because BRP is posting NO Performance ###s?:dontknow:
Don't count on this, it may be a typo. BTW, the scales say BRP fibbed a bit on the light side about the RS. Don't believe everything you read. This is a good time to wait for definitive proof.

Jimmy Neutron
11-01-2012, 06:52 AM
Thanks Bob, Mine should be coming this month or next according to my dealer.. Took my trade in down last week.. After visiting with Lamont and reading your post I am even mor excited,,:yikes::yes:

Bob Denman
11-01-2012, 07:08 AM
:2thumbs: As soon as you've got your hands on it... we'll need some definitve "Reports From The Saddle". :clap:

Jimmy Neutron
11-01-2012, 07:20 AM
:2thumbs: As soon as you've got your hands on it... we'll need some definitve "Reports From The Saddle". :clap:

No problem.. I am stocking up on long underwear and warm clothes.. gonna be a cold ride home I think.. Wonder if they come with snow tires

MickeyFisher
11-01-2012, 11:03 AM
I'm gonna have to call up Mission Motorsports and see if they have one for demo rides, yet. I'm dying to try one out. Thanks for the post!