PDA

View Full Version : My review of the SPYDER ST LIMITED

Roger
10-27-2012, 04:38 PM
At first glance i noticed the new front fenders with led turn signals and an orange side reflector that i'am sure that it wont take long for the out side market to make it light up! Then the windshield all thought it adjust manually its still way cool. Then i noticed the floorboards even though they are tilted forward its very deceiving because once you ride you never notice and it becomes comfortable. With all the things they took from the RT and applied it to the RS edition like cruise control gps radio and heated grips this spyder becomes awesome!!! BRP reworked the front end geometry and the only way i can explain it is that it feels like a more positive feel to the road less swaying. With the 998 engine now between your legs the throttle response is different more power and speed. They also included heat guards down by your ankles. I forgot to mention the stock seat is also comfortable. Go take a test ride for yourself. I would say this bike is perfect for the person who wants all the creature comforts of the RT and the sportiness of the RS. NICE JOB BRP. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Ivorspyder
10-27-2012, 04:42 PM
Sounds really nice.Am looking forward to seeing and riding one.:thumbup:

Ivor:spyder:

ARtraveler
10-27-2012, 04:44 PM
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Ken Thomas
10-27-2012, 04:50 PM
:popcorn:......................:thumbup:.......... ............:ohyea:

Bob Denman
10-27-2012, 04:54 PM
What he said... :agree: :2thumbs:

flamingobabe
10-27-2012, 04:58 PM
GREAT review...can't wait to wrap my legs around one of theses babies....

Bob Denman
10-27-2012, 05:04 PM
Be careful... :shocked: Once they sink their fangs in; it's tough to escape!

Bob Denman
10-27-2012, 05:35 PM
Roger,
Did you call Ron yet, and remind him to put on some shoes??? :roflblack::roflblack:

Peoriafirefighter
10-27-2012, 10:53 PM
[QUOTE=Roger;535320]At first glance i noticed the new front fenders with led turn signals and an orange side reflector that i'am sure that it wont take long for the out side market to make it light up! Then the windshield all thought it adjust manually its still way cool. Then i noticed the floorboards even though they are tilted forward its very deceiving because once you ride you never notice and it becomes comfortable. With all the things they took from the RT and applied it to the RS edition like cruise control gps radio and heated grips this spyder becomes awesome!!! BRP reworked the front end geometry and the only way i can explain it is that it feels like a more positive feel to the road less swaying. With the 998 engine now between your legs the throttle response is different more power and speed. They also included heat guards down by your ankles. I forgot to mention the stock seat is also comfortable. Go take a test ride for yourself. I would say this bike is perfect for the person who wants all the creature comforts of the RT and the sportiness of the RS. NICE JOB BRP. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

So Roger are you going to get one?

viperred
10-27-2012, 11:40 PM
I may just become a two spyder owner. It all sounds great.:spyder2:

Bob Denman
11-01-2012, 07:10 AM
So Roger are you going to get one?
When he climbed off of it; he did say that he could buy one of them (and be happy with it!) :thumbup:

currin20fan
11-01-2012, 07:28 AM
I would be interested in hearing more about those heat guards at the ankles. :popcorn:

Bob Denman
11-01-2012, 07:40 AM
I rode it also; I noticed NO heat issues whatsoever, but I'm also not particularly sensitive to this issue... :opps:
Here's Roger getting his game face on for the ride! :roflblack: 56830