PDA

View Full Version : ST base: upgrades over time? ST-S options? now 2 colors for ST base!

ViperWolf
10-26-2012, 11:22 AM
I see that that ST-S and ST-LTD come with floorboards and cruise. (SE5 transmission)

I was wondering if anyone can confirm a base ST SE5 can swap out the foot pegs for the BRP factory original floorboards found on the S and LTD

Also, could the BRP cruise be added later.

I have asked this earlier, and got a reply and photo from new catalog showing optional floorboards but they turned out to be for the new RT's, not the ST.

Hoping for a ST purchase in the spring, base model would work well for me but I really like the factory floorboards over pegs.

Also, did anyone notice that now the base ST is offered in two colors (silver and black) Initial release info only showed the base available in 1 color (silver)

Thanks all, ride safe!

ARtraveler
10-26-2012, 11:30 AM
For the $995 price of the new BRP floorboards, you can buy a nice set of Seal Pups for half that price.

Bob Denman
10-26-2012, 05:25 PM
I've been working at a very similar project with my RT A&C model...
It's taken me over two years, but I've been able to bring the bike up to RTS specs. :thumbup:
But I'wouldn't advise it for several reasons... :shocked:
Shop time is expensive!
I've been using EBay for most of my parts purchases, so I'm actually in pretty good shape from a cost standpoint; but it just ain't easy!
You can lose of lot of ryding time while the upgrades are happening
It might just be nice to enjoy the bike and the rydes without having to keep planning all of the time...

Now if you're going to stop at floorboards; :thumbup: They should bolt up jsut fine to any "ESSIE"-equipped ST model
But it's awful tought to stop... :yikes: