PDA

View Full Version : Why more Ads for the 2013 ST and very few for the 2013 RT

ruthie
10-25-2012, 05:41 PM
It seem to me with all the Can Am ads I'm seeing most of them is on the ST and very few on the RT. Why are they pushing the ST so much? just a wondering mind what to know.

granpa in Cincy
10-25-2012, 05:47 PM
New product introduction. Toot the horns!

boborgera
10-25-2012, 05:52 PM
It seem to me with all the Can Am ads I'm seeing most of them is on the ST and very few on the RT. Why are they pushing the ST so much? just a wondering mind what to know.

Because it's a brand new Model, So they have to get the word out to people that aren't on Forums.
It's called getting the word out to new blood!

JkRbbt
10-25-2012, 06:00 PM
Got to admit, if the ST is everything they say it is, I may be jumping into the Spyder pool. My concern is that BRP is advertising the heck out of the ST, but may not produce enuf machines to go around. Is this going to be one of those "produce a few machines and see how it goes" ventures or are we gonna see more than a few machines per dealership? OK, OK, patience os not my long suit, but I'll work on it. :D

Ken Thomas
10-25-2012, 06:04 PM
Got to admit, if the ST is everything they say it is, I may be jumping into the Spyder pool. My concern is that BRP is advertising the heck out of the ST, but may not produce enuf machines to go around. Is this going to be one of those "produce a few machines and see how it goes" ventures or are we gonna see more than a few machines per dealership? OK, OK, patience os not my long suit, but I'll work on it. :D
:dontknow::chill::chill::trike:

Buttsy
10-25-2012, 06:43 PM
It seem to me with all the Can Am ads I'm seeing most of them is on the ST and very few on the RT.

That one is easy an RT sells itself, its just so darn sexy!;) ;) ;)

Ga Blue Knight
10-25-2012, 10:17 PM
The RT is already a hit with the touring crowd and the RS has its followers in the sport bike arena. The ST will have to get most of its new riders from non Spyder riders. Sure there are those who will migrate away from the RT and RS platforms but I bet you that when all is done many new riders will opt for the ST. As to how many they make, we'll production numbers have always been a BRP mystery

Laila's Dad
10-25-2012, 10:28 PM
I wonder how the demographics will work out for buyers of the ST-S. It seems that you pretty much have to get the ST-S or limited to get the nice features. The regular ST would be just the adjustable windshield( I think). The ST-S/limited are up there with the RT price range and for some of us that is out of our league and just isn't an option for something that isn't a primary transportation. I guess we shall see.

ARtraveler
10-25-2012, 11:55 PM
BRP is going to toot the horn for the new kid on the block. It will fill another niche market for :ani29:'s. My feeling is that eventually the RS will be discontinued, the ST will take its place, and a new and bigger engined RT will follow in a couple more years or so.

BRP needs to make enough of the new ST's to meet demand, and they need to be pretty much perfect out of the box. If the model is plagued with electronic glitches, limp modes, throttle body issues, or anything else--they are going to lose a lot of business and support real quick.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Ga Blue Knight
10-26-2012, 05:19 AM
I agree the 2013's are BRP's opportunity to really get things going in a positive direction. If the '13's are also issue prone I am afraid the momentum will be lost and Can Am Roadsters will be just another niche bike and not make it to the mainstream market.

The competion is out there just waiting for weakness before jumping into the market. I heard the other day that Polaris, Can Am's main rival in the four wheeler world has been working for five hears and is coming out soon with a front wheeled street trike. No details but if and when I hear more ill pass it on.

Bob Denman
10-26-2012, 07:05 AM
One things for sure; BRP is going to jump in with both fee! :2thumbs:
This won't be a limited production model at all...
They're pushing it in the ads to build demand; knowing full well what would happen if production falls short... :shocked:

Ivorspyder
10-26-2012, 07:10 AM
BRP is going to toot the horn for the new kid on the block. It will fill another niche market for :ani29:'s. My feeling is that eventually the RS will be discontinued, the ST will take its place, and a new and bigger engined RT will follow in a couple more years or so.

BRP needs to make enough of the new ST's to meet demand, and they need to be pretty much perfect out of the box. If the model is plagued with electronic glitches, limp modes, throttle body issues, or anything else--they are going to lose a lot of business and support real quick.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
:agree:Let's hope it sells and runs well.

Ivor:spyder:

btcherm
10-26-2012, 11:13 AM
the RTS got my vote

JkRbbt
10-26-2012, 12:41 PM
The RTS is my back-up plan!! :thumbup:

vtrider
10-26-2012, 06:00 PM
I really like the looks of the ST Limited. I have to admit though, with the price of the ST Limited being close to an RTS, it makes it tough to decide which model for me would be a better option. I will have to try them both before I decide to buy one. I'm looking forward to seeing all the new models. When my dealer gets them in they already promised me that I would get to demo ride them.

wyliec
10-26-2012, 06:20 PM
It's a great idea that BRP now has a broad offering of models to fit the needs and pockets of most; notice I said most and not all. I believe that BRP realizes that they will still need to keep the RS model in their line up and would be a mistake to drop it. Not everyone wants to spend the extra $$ for an ST or RT.

Laila's Dad
10-26-2012, 07:06 PM
It's a great idea that BRP now has a broad offering of models to fit the needs and pockets of most; notice I said most and not all. I believe that BRP realizes that they will still need to keep the RS model in their line up and would be a mistake to drop it. Not everyone wants to spend the extra $$ for an ST or RT.

:agree:... The RS appeals to a different audience than the RT. While the ST does give you a nice in between it still doesn't have the sporty look that the RS has nor the color options. It's like Ferrari and a Bentley. Both are wonderful vehicles but appeal to different people. The one thing that a Ferrari, Bentley, ST-S, and RT all have in common is that they are all out of my price range. :roflblack:

Buttsy
10-27-2012, 08:06 AM
The competion is out there just waiting for weakness before jumping into the market. I heard the other day that Polaris, Can Am's main rival in the four wheeler world has been working for five hears and is coming out soon with a front wheeled street trike. No details but if and when I hear more ill pass it on.

I have heard similar rumblings.................fairly confident these are accurate as well. Now being from the ATV world this should help BRP. If you think the Spyder has production and reliability issues just wait until the "Po Po" hits the road.:shocked: