PDA

View Full Version : New Member Looking for a Spyder

Stack
02-10-2008, 10:07 PM
Greetings everyone. I am a new member looking for help finding a Spyder. I am wondering if anyone knows of a buyer with a reservation/deposit who's plans have changed and they no longer plan to purchase their bike. Or if I were to place my own deposit and reservation with a BRP dealer, if there are any recommendations on whether it would be better to place my bet with a dealer who has 20 reservations or a dealer with no reservation wait list because they prefer to sell, quads, snowmobiles and watercraft instead of motorcycles, but has received received a Spyder in the past and claims as a service to a past customer (me) they could place an order for me for possible delivery in July? Wow, that was a long sentence. Any suggestions gang? :dontknow:

BajaRon
02-10-2008, 10:14 PM
I would say with the weather warming up it is Russian Roulette as to which dealer to go with. Typically, dealers that move more product will have a bigger clout. When there are "Extras" at the factory who are they going to call?

Your best bet for quick delivery is to find a dealer that has an unclaimed Spyder sitting on the floor. There have been some of these and there have been Spyders sold for about what you're going to pay in July (assuming that it delivers that soon) anyway.

Good luck! I sure have enjoyed mine.

Lamonster
02-11-2008, 07:12 AM
:welcome:

There was a dealer in AZ that had some sitting on the floor about a month ago. I would go through the dealer list on the BRP site and start close to you and work your way out on the phone. Good luck :doorag:

Stack
02-11-2008, 10:41 PM
Thanks. I will check into that tomorrow. :bigthumbsup:

csmead
02-12-2008, 08:16 PM
Picked up my Spyder today. Asked Clawson Honda, Fresno CA and they have one extra grey...well it was extra as of 2pm today! Call and ask for salesperson Bart.

Stack
02-13-2008, 09:28 PM
Thanks everybody. I did find a few in AZ. See new posting for contact info if anyone wants to pay and extra 1500. to ride tomorrow.

RocketLady
02-13-2008, 09:59 PM
I know of 2 Spyders available in Central Florida. One yellow like mine(the faster one) ::) and one silver. Contact me if you want more information. You will love the ride !

ld271
02-13-2008, 11:46 PM
:bigthumbsup:there is a dealer in new port richey florida a ride now dealer with 2 silver spyders the phone #is 1-727-842-6624 ask for josh he is the general mgt :bigthumbsup:

TJ_Spyder
02-15-2008, 12:50 AM
:bigthumbsup:there is a dealer in new port richey florida a ride now dealer with 2 silver spyders the phone #is 1-727-842-6624 ask for josh he is the general mgt :bigthumbsup:

Called today and spoke to Josh for a few seconds. He said the price was $15,200 but he had to check which one of the two they were going to sell and which they were using as a demo. (???? Not sure why that would matter in the price) Anyway a different guy called back about an hour later and said the price is $17 something. I said OK $17 whatever out the door? No, plus TTT he responded. "They" are making us sell them for that.

I didn't bother asking who "they" are just said thanks and hung up.