PDA

View Full Version : New Spyder

Hberninger
10-23-2012, 11:40 PM
I've now had my new RT for 13 days. I just rode 800 miles the last 2 days. I now have 1450 miles on it. A couple of my observations:
i rode through the mountains north and south of Boone, NC. About half way through I took the spanner and set the front shocks to the "hardest" setting. That helped with the "wallowing" in the corners. I rode 250 of the miles on the interstate. The Spyder is very affected by the turbulence from semi trucks. My rear end would begin to hurt after just 100 miles or so. Not as comfortable as my Mustang seat I had on my Harley. Maybe a new seat is in my future.

All together, however, I'm glad I traded the Harley for the Spyder.

farmerjim
10-23-2012, 11:54 PM
I've now had my new RT for 13 days. I just rode 800 miles the last 2 days. I now have 1450 miles on it. A couple of my observations:
i rode through the mountains north and south of Boone, NC. About half way through I took the spanner and set the front shocks to the "hardest" setting. That helped with the "wallowing" in the corners. I rode 250 of the miles on the interstate. The Spyder is very affected by the turbulence from semi trucks. My rear end would begin to hurt after just 100 miles or so. Not as comfortable as my Mustang seat I had on my Harley. Maybe a new seat is in my future.

All together, however, I'm glad I traded the Harley for the Spyder.

I just rolled over 1,000 miles after buying my Spyder RT A&C, Blue on October 4th. I'm already saving for Elka shocks. Most everyone who buys them says it sets the RT on rails. So many people can't be wrong. They say it also helps settle around big trucks. My seat hasn't given me any problems, but a Utopia backrest is also in my future. I had a Honda VTX 1300R which was a great bike, but again, like you, I and my wife are VERY happy with our choice. Already can't wait till next year to do some longer rides. HB, I'm sure we both made the right choice. Let us ride on with confidence.

ARtraveler
10-23-2012, 11:54 PM
:congrats: on the new ryde. You might double check the air pressure in the tires--this sometimes affects handling characteristics.

The seat is a common complaint--fortunately there are a lot of aftermarket options. The BRP comfort seat is a step up costing about one half the others. $595.

d.o.spyder-rts
10-24-2012, 12:10 AM
:congrats:on your spyder purchase and:welcome:to the spyder web. Dale

Bob Denman
10-24-2012, 06:53 AM
Welcome to the Family! :ohyea:
Here's to lots of miles and smiles for you! :cheers:

Rar
10-24-2012, 07:38 AM
:congrats: on your :f_spider: purchase. Wishing you lots more miles of happy times. :yes::yes: