PDA

View Full Version : Finally legal!

DocRags
10-23-2012, 09:16 PM
Well, I finally completed my motorcycle safety class on two wheels and got my M endorsement! :yes::2excited: :yes: Now I don't need to worry about not having one when I want to ride. :ohyea: Ed's got most of my mods installed so I will be well-lit with LED's. (Check out Erags' post on his wife's lit rear end if you want to see my lights...not sure I cared for the wording, but that's Ed for you). He's got another few days before he'll be able to start his next chemo cycle since his platelets are a little too low, so we're hoping to get in some good riding...weather forecast looks GREAT for :spyder2: riding!

Laila's Dad
10-23-2012, 09:20 PM
Well, I finally completed my motorcycle safety class on two wheels and got my M endorsement! :yes::2excited: :yes: Now I don't need to worry about not having one when I want to ride. :ohyea: Ed's got most of my mods installed so I will be well-lit with LED's. (Check out Erags' post on his wife's lit rear end if you want to see my lights...not sure I cared for the wording, but that's Ed for you). He's got another few days before he'll be able to start his next chemo cycle since his platelets are a little too low, so we're hoping to get in some good riding...weather forecast looks GREAT for :spyder2: riding!

congrats on completing the safety course. I wish I had mine completed too but I didn't allocate funds for a $200 course, $80 gloves, and riding boots. Spyder riding can be an expensive hobby. :)

DR Buck
10-23-2012, 09:22 PM

Congrats on the 'M' Always nice when you achieve something you've gone for. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

lookerjdc
10-23-2012, 09:38 PM
gratz on completing the course and welcome to SpyderWorld....

safe riding

the more lights the better

MMcc
10-23-2012, 10:41 PM
Great news. Congrats for taking the class and now passing, Enjoy the wind from the front seat.:clap:

spydercoach
10-24-2012, 01:12 AM
nice job :congrats::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Adirondack Mik
10-24-2012, 02:23 AM
:congrats: Drive safe safe.

Big Iron
10-24-2012, 02:32 AM
Wow that's a lot of money for that riding course in Texas!!! Here in Cleveland Oh. the course is only $25.00 and they provide you with a motorcycle to train and to test on!!!

Jharpo
10-24-2012, 05:08 PM
congrats on completing the safety course. I wish I had mine completed too but I didn't allocate funds for a $200 course, $80 gloves, and riding boots. Spyder riding can be an expensive hobby. :)

hang in there Dad. You've only just begun. Think of your Spyder as your youngest daughter and the costs aren't nearly so hard to swallow. So, move over Laila, you've got a new sister!
Janie

Laila's Dad
10-24-2012, 05:26 PM
hang in there Dad. You've only just begun. Think of your Spyder as your youngest daughter and the costs aren't nearly so hard to swallow. So, move over Laila, you've got a new sister!
Janie

Ha-ha!!! you have a point there, I am sure if you put diaper money beside the money I need for the spyder...the diaper money would be the most.

Laila's Dad
10-24-2012, 05:29 PM
Wow that's a lot of money for that riding course in Texas!!! Here in Cleveland Oh. the course is only $25.00 and they provide you with a motorcycle to train and to test on!!!

$25 is great, if I could get that deal here I would already be on the road. For now, I am limited to cruising my neighborhood and really even that is risky. A ticket for no license would really cut into me saving for the safety course.

DocRags
10-24-2012, 10:50 PM
Wow that's a lot of money for that riding course in Texas!!! Here in Cleveland Oh. the course is only $25.00 and they provide you with a motorcycle to train and to test on!!! Wow...class here was $200/2 days. Motorcycle/scooter provided by the school. Written and skills test on practice range. They must have been grading on a curve for me!

DocRags
10-24-2012, 10:55 PM
$25 is great, if I could get that deal here I would already be on the road. For now, I am limited to cruising my neighborhood and really even that is risky. A ticket for no license would really cut into me saving for the safety course. First time Ed and I went out of our neighborhood with both our Spyders, a policeman approaching us turned on his blue lights...we both pulled over (me, with heart racing :yikes:). Policeman went down side street between our bikes and headed off. Then, about 3 miles later there was a second policecar with lights on and car pulled off the road...decided then and there that I was awful glad my class was scheduled a few days later. I couldn't handle the stress of worrying about no M on the license! Class fee was WELL worth the decreased stress level, even though it was $200.

Laila's Dad
10-24-2012, 11:28 PM
First time Ed and I went out of our neighborhood with both our Spyders, a policeman approaching us turned on his blue lights...we both pulled over (me, with heart racing :yikes:). Policeman went down side street between our bikes and headed off. Then, about 3 miles later there was a second policecar with lights on and car pulled off the road...decided then and there that I was awful glad my class was scheduled a few days later. I couldn't handle the stress of worrying about no M on the license! Class fee was WELL worth the decreased stress level, even though it was $200.

You are soooo right! I have gotten to the place where I am ready to explore outside of my neighborhood but I just can't risk a ticket. Even in my neighborhood, I get the jitters every time I pass a street entrance hoping an officer won't be there. Good for you too and very smart. I hope to join the ranks of the "M" class in a couple of weeks.

james danny
10-25-2012, 08:13 AM
ride safety and lets ride

DocRags
10-31-2012, 05:35 PM
Ed (Erags) went in the hospital yesterday to start Chemo Round 4. This is the rougher of the two regimens he is on but doctors adjusted his dosages after his first round with it. So far, so good. :pray::pray::pray:

It was such a gorgeous day out I decided to ride the RT in to see him. I had a few errands to run (well, that was my excuse to get more miles out of the trip :thumbup:), so I took the really long way in to Pensacola. When I stopped for gas I ran in to a new :spyder2: owner (who was up to 75 miles on his RT!). We visited for awhile :coffee: and I told him to make sure he checked out this website and our :spyder2: riding group.

As I was riding today I decided I should have skipped my two cups of coffee...the adrenaline from riding was plenty for me! My guardian/gremlin bell from Flamingobabe and Mark rode along in the trunk since I haven't figured out where to hang it...it must still work when it's locked up that way since the ride was fun but uneventful! :yes:

major911
10-31-2012, 05:55 PM
:yes::congrats::yes:

DocRags
11-01-2012, 10:56 PM
I came out of the hospital today to find a note on my :spyder2: asking me to call the writer to discuss my "kick :cus:" bike! The guy that wrote the note came over while I was putting on my riding gear and we talked :spyder2: for awhile before I managed to leave. Referred him to this website so he could lurk before buying. In two days I've referred two folks, one a new RT owner, the other a potential buyer.