PDA

View Full Version : Question from first time owner

spydercoach
10-23-2012, 12:48 AM
I have a 2012 RT SE and my question is on the cluster panel there is a ride button for the rear end, making it harder or softer. Is this the same thing as the air valve under the seat? can't seem to find out anything about it in the manual.:banghead:

dave01
10-23-2012, 02:47 AM
I have a 2012 RT SE and my question is on the cluster panel there is a ride button for the rear end, making it harder or softer. Is this the same thing as the air valve under the seat? can't seem to find out anything about it in the manual.:banghead:

Dont mess with the air valve under the seat. That is pre-adjusted/filled by your dealer. You will hear it called a schrader valve on here. It fills the airbag and then you use the rocker switch to set for your liking. The button for harder/softer will be the one you use to adjust the ride

harrypottar
10-23-2012, 05:49 AM
:agree:, the spyder engine needs to be running to adjust the rear end. First push shows you what is set on the LCD display, then you can push to make it softer or harder.

If your ever behind a spyder you can hear the air adjusting as they ride but it hard to hear from the drivers seat.

harry.

NancysToy
10-23-2012, 06:28 AM
The button and the air valve do the same thing. They are both connected to the air suspension. The standard RT and the AC model have no button or compressor, and rely on the air valve to allow the rider to make manual changes in the suspension. Although the suspension should be pre-charged b the dealer, changes are allowed and advised. The RTS and LTD have a compressor, operated by the button. This sets ride height, which the compressor will automatically maintain, regardless of load. Adding or subtracting air at the air valve will be of no value, since the ACS will change the setting anyway, once the Spyder is started and in gear.

Bob Denman
10-23-2012, 06:48 AM
Scotty,
GREAT explanation! :thumbup:

StanProff
10-23-2012, 06:53 AM

Your dealer should have gone over all the "buttons and knobs" on your spyder. Did they go over the hand grip heater button? (high and low position to warm your hands), the parking brake button? the Frunk opening button? fog lights? these are just the basic things, the spyder is high tech and the more you read and study it the better your owners experience will be. This forum is like the google of spyderdom. Ask and ye shall recieve the info your looking for. I guess one of the things I had to get used to was pushing and turning the key with a little more effort than I thought was needed to open the seat and the Frunk (when not using the push button, it only works when engine is running). I was reluntant to push and turn the key cause I thought something would break. Don't worry, it won't. The effort needed depends on the latches and how tight they are, I have adjusted mine a little on the frunk.
Enjoy your new ride, there's nothing like it. There is a lot of advise on this forum for new owners, you can use the search function to find them. Keep the questions coming.

Stan

Erags
10-23-2012, 06:59 AM
If you see your head lights bouncing as you drive down the road, try making the rear shock harder and it will help with the bouncing of you headlights.

I was in front of the wife and her lights look like they were flashing, so I pulled over and had her set the shock up a couple of settings, and her lights stopped the flashing look. Changing the back of the :spyder2: will change the headlight setting more than you would think.

Need to reset my GS now that I have a new rear shock. It has my lights looking at the ground, but that is something on the list to do.

Hope this helps you.

spydercoach
10-23-2012, 11:04 AM
Thanks, You guy are truly the best. There are no stupid questions only people to stupid to ask and remain uninformed. Thanks Again:D
:ani29: Power!!

TicketBait
10-23-2012, 12:37 PM

Actually in the manual it does specify with the load what the correlating psi should be. In my 2010 manual it is on page 46, for my riding preference I keep it at approx. 50 lbs

viperred
10-23-2012, 02:29 PM
Actually in the manual it does specify with the load what the correlating psi should be. In my 2010 manual it is on page 46, for my riding preference I keep it at approx. 50 lbs

Its always good to see whats spoken written down and have for our back up when in doubt.:spyder2:

NancysToy
10-23-2012, 03:05 PM
These do not apply to the RTS and LTD. Those pressures will vary, depending on the switch setting and the rider/passenger/cargo load.

Ken Thomas
10-23-2012, 03:30 PM
:ohyea:...:welcome:......:2thumbs:................ ......:read:.....................:cheers:......... ..............:yes: