PDA

View Full Version : Super Shark Grip Buddies

HedonismBot
10-22-2012, 10:24 AM
Well after a little over two months of healing from my broken wrist, the doc released me to drive again. Of course I didn't care about that. My quick followup was, "What about getting back to my Spyder?!" Thankfully, everything was a go. it appears being plated and held together with screws accelerated my recovery (mixed blessing?). In anticipation, I had put in an order for grip buddies thinking the extra comfort would be nice on a still sore throttle hand. Well, they came this past Saturday!

Less than 10 minutes after opening the package, the wife and I were out the garage for my inaugural ride. We had only ridden for 400 miles with the stock grips before my accident but we were fairly competent with the Spyder. The new grips took some getting used to (10-15 miles) but by far these are vastly superior to the stock grips on our RT-S. We ended doing about 60 miles in a mix of back roads and 30 or so highway at 70mph. Everything was great, and I'm so happy I made the purchase for my wrist and hand's sake.

It's wonderful to be back and comfortable in the saddle again thanks in part to Grip Buddies. Now I have to make up for 2 months lost time. If you see a 2-up red RT-S in west St. Louis area this winter, it's probably us riding the hell out of the Spyder. :doorag:

NancysToy
10-22-2012, 10:29 AM
Glad to hear you are back in the saddle.

CyncySpyder
10-22-2012, 10:45 AM
:yes:Enjoy the Ryde:yes: but be cautious to NOT over do it :opps: or you may end up in a set-back:lecturef_smilie: