PDA

View Full Version : Excellent Dealer for Western North Carolina and Upstate South Carolina

Spyder777
10-20-2012, 10:24 AM
Boats Etc. in Asheville, NC www.boatsetcinc.com 828-670-9595

So... I'm off to ride last week and Spyder starts flashing the parking brake sign and saying Brake Failure and then disappearing and coming back every few minutes or so. My brakes clearly work so I naturally figure that something is wrong with parking brake. I try locking and unlocking, but nothing stops the warning. I should probably mention that there are 3,000 miles on my 2012 RSS SM5. I was on my up towards Asheville and remembered seeing a place called Boats Etc. on BRP's website of dealers so I thought I would see how they compared to Powersports of Greenville, SC.

Pulled in, walked through the front door, and stated to the gentlemen that I have a brake failure code showing up on my Spyder. "Drive around to the garage and we'll check it out". So I drive around, into the garage and he hooks me up to the computer. Computer says brake fluid. I remember checking the fluid a week or so ago and it seemed all the way to the top. I should probably mention that the head mechanic and the owner are both simultaneously working on my Spyder. He opens the brake fluid and shows me how the difference between the min and max line is just barely anything. Add brake fluid. Problem fixed.

Total charge: $0

These guys stopped what they were doing to help me out and didn't charge me a thing. Shook my hand with a smile and told me to have a great day.

This is excellent service and I will be doing all my Spyder services with Boats Etc.

Ken Thomas
10-20-2012, 10:36 AM
:bowdown:
Boats Etc. in Asheville, NC www.boatsetcinc.com (http://www.boatsetcinc.com) 828-670-9595

So... I'm off to ride last week and Spyder starts flashing the parking brake sign and saying Brake Failure and then disappearing and coming back every few minutes or so. My brakes clearly work so I naturally figure that something is wrong with parking brake. I try locking and unlocking, but nothing stops the warning. I should probably mention that there are 3,000 miles on my 2012 RSS SM5. I was on my up towards Asheville and remembered seeing a place called Boats Etc. on BRP's website of dealers so I thought I would see how they compared to Powersports of Greenville, SC.

Pulled in, walked through the front door, and stated to the gentlemen that I have a brake failure code showing up on my Spyder. "Drive around to the garage and we'll check it out". So I drive around, into the garage and he hooks me up to the computer. Computer says brake fluid. I remember checking the fluid a week or so ago and it seemed all the way to the top. I should probably mention that the head mechanic and the owner are both simultaneously working on my Spyder. He opens the brake fluid and shows me how the difference between the min and max line is just barely anything. Add brake fluid. Problem fixed.

Total charge: $0

These guys stopped what they were doing to help me out and didn't charge me a thing. Shook my hand with a smile and told me to have a great day.

This is excellent service and I will be doing all my Spyder services with Boats Etc.