PDA

View Full Version : Diving into winter project

rcdurango
10-19-2012, 01:38 PM
558675586855869. It's time to start a project for the winter. So this year going to put spyder on hold for any other mods and start on dunebuggy. I have a small oil leak that drives me crazy. So new gasket set on the piston cans and once that's done going to change the drum brakes over to disc brakes. Keeping busy threw another winter is best thing to make it go by faster.

Bob Denman
10-19-2012, 01:46 PM
That looks like a pretty neat vehicle! :thumbup:
Do you have dunes in Evansville? :shocked:

rcdurango
10-19-2012, 01:55 PM
I rebuilt this a few years ago. I made it street legal and we mostly take country road rides and go to
a few car shows. Its usually a big hit, fun driver.

can-am sam
10-19-2012, 02:51 PM
Do not forget the Spyder. It may feel neglected.:(

rcdurango
01-18-2013, 09:28 PM
Motor is back together and waiting for me to get brakes installed. Removed the drum brakes and replaced with disc brakes all around. Once done will be moving on to Spyder and sway bar.6038360384

CyncySpyder
01-18-2013, 09:39 PM
:2thumbs:So that's why he's got a street legal dune buggy & a Spyder:2thumbs:

:yes:Your gonna be doing a HAPPY DANCE once you go for a ryde with the new RonBar on your Spyder:yes:OMG!!! ITS THAT GOOD:yes::yes::yes:

rcdurango
01-19-2013, 07:07 AM
:2thumbs:So that's why he's got a street legal dune buggy & a Spyder:2thumbs:

:yes:Your gonna be doing a HAPPY DANCE once you go for a ryde with the new RonBar on your Spyder:yes:OMG!!! ITS THAT GOOD:yes::yes::yes:

:agree: I didn't even think that I needed a new sway bar, but after reading your thread I have to go to the next level and get a sway
bar. Just waiting for the email from Ron. Maybe you and Teddy can ride down and help with the install:thumbup:

my3gs
01-19-2013, 10:20 AM
Nice ride:yes: i have a 72 super beetle that needs a lil love but the :spyder2: has moved it down the line. if i spent the money i have spent in the last 3 months on the VW it would b all rebuilt. i had no idea what i had spent till i added it up :yikes:.NO cure for Frackleitous:yikes::yikes:just a small list of what i have done in only 3 months!!
Flag graphics
Lower vader LEDs
Uper A frame amber turn signal LEDs
Lower A frame day runners LEDs
LED tip lights
Finderzs LEDs red an white
Mud flap LEDs running an turn signals
LEDs amber around the inside of the mirrors as turn signals
3-4 brake LEDs
Red LED brake light under the mud flap ights up rear tier when braking
Blue LEDs under the top of the dash
Red white an blue under glow. For now
Large foot rest from Inspector gadget
Hwy foot rest
BRP trailer hitch
Trailer soon as we go get it
Elka shocks 1-R
Ordered smoothspyder soon.
Grip puppys
Cup holder
K&N air cleaner
Gopro Hero 3

Bob Denman
01-19-2013, 12:33 PM
This whole "RonBar" thing has my head spinning... http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_1.gif I would have swore on top of a stack of Biblees in front of any and all of you that I was happier than a clam in wet sand with the OEM setup...
Then I switched to a pair of 2011 RT shocks... The tip of the camel's nose was now under the tent flap...
All of the sudden a RonBar shows up
and now I'm getting some Elkas... :shocked:

How do I get out of THIS one?? :yikes:

ARtraveler
01-19-2013, 03:06 PM
Just write the check Bob. :roflblack:

rcdurango
01-19-2013, 07:18 PM
[QUOTE=Rattigan_Roger;561958]Is that a Meyers Manx?
When I was a kid a much older friend of mine (35 years old versus my 15) & I made quite a few dune buggies.
As I recall the chassis was shortened 15.5 inches(?).
That's where I learned to use a cutting tourch.
My friend, a Tool & DieMaker by trade, then fabricated everything needed except the body and lights.

Thanks for the memories.[/QUOTE

Rodger its not a Meyers but has a lot of same looks of the Meyers Manx DB. Yes part of the pan has to be removed and then welded back. This buggy has been lowered quite a bit just to make it a little street ride. If you look closely there's quite a bit of custom work done on this car. It was my 50th birthday present and rebuild. And yes I will always remember in the 70's they where running the streets and I always wanted one but wasn't able to pay the price. Although this didn't resolve the virus that came on me when I turned 50. So then I moved on to the next medicine (Spyder). I seem to be doing okay now.

rcdurango
01-26-2013, 07:02 PM
Ready for spring to arrive. Winter project complete. Hope you like the video!:clap:

http://youtu.be/uZOxj5vWSec

Bob Denman
01-26-2013, 07:24 PM
Just write the check Bob. :roflblack:
Oh, but I did! Even the Elkas got thrown on the pile of "Dark Spell" projects...:yikes:

Bob Denman
01-26-2013, 07:25 PM
And that Dune Buggy...:2thumbs::clap::firstplace:
Now it's on to the :spyder2:

chickenhoose
01-27-2013, 07:44 PM
Richard,
Great looking dune buggy. I ordered my sway bar today, now i know who to call for help if i get in a bind. I'm scheduled to ride over to Big Four the first nice day to get my parking brake worked on. Hope to see you and Judy soon. For sure at Spyderfest.
Jerry

rcdurango
01-28-2013, 08:38 AM
Richard,
Great looking dune buggy. I ordered my sway bar today, now i know who to call for help if i get in a bind. I'm scheduled to ride over to Big Four the first nice day to get my parking brake worked on. Hope to see you and Judy soon. For sure at Spyderfest.
Jerry

Jerry, you can always dial my number. I'm hoping to hear something from Ron soon on the bar myself. We are planning our trip to Spyderfest for sure. Camping at the KOA. Hope to see you soon. Stop by when in town.